Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 23 Jan 19, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Do Jet2 ever have sales/price going down?

Hello,

I'm booking my flights for my honeymoon, and having some issues.

We are going on a cruise from Venice leaving on a Sunday right at the end of October (returning November).

Getting there is no trouble as we want a night or two in Venice, and so will be leaving Fri/Sat (Manchester or Liverpool), both of which Easyjet can help us with for reasonable prices.

Its returning. Jet2 are the only airline that have a flight back to the NW on a Sunday.. The flights are out, but they are much ££. 110 euro each plus a small fortune to add a bag on.

Its looking like the only flight, so don't know whether to bite the bullet, but I don't know whether there is ever any sales/good times to book
Old 23 Jan 19, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

Mobile

I’m guessing the prices are higher due to the fact they’re the only carrier to choose from?
If there’s no competition, those flights may book up quickly, so I’d book them.
Aug/Sept 09, Jan/Feb 10 - DLP, Aug 13 - NPBC DLP
Lisa123wm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 19, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Originally Posted by Lisa123wm View Post
I’m guessing the prices are higher due to the fact they’re the only carrier to choose from?
If there’s no competition, those flights may book up quickly, so I’d book them.
I think Jet2 are always expensive. The flights out on a Saturday are £90, whereas easyjet are £33 and Ryanair £28.55.

Why I don't know, but its annoying.

I think you are probably right though, we need to fly back Sunday rather than Monday for work, and a night plus dinner in Venice would eat up any difference anyway, so I should probably just bite the bullet..

Just annoying as its a month full of wedding expenses
Old 23 Jan 19, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

We have used Jet2 a number of times from Leeds and always found the prices to be best for us in January. Having said that we never check again as we want to avoid disappointment and we've not used them for many years due to the high costs compared to Ryanair.
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 19, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
I would bite the bullet and book and then never look again.
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 19, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Originally Posted by Chair1519 View Post
I would bite the bullet and book and then never look again.
This is what I ended up doing last night. They are outrageously expensive for what they offer, but it is cheaper than a days leave, and a night in a Venice hotel, so I just went for it
Old 24 Jan 19, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Glee Fan
Imagineer

Mobile

Bit late now you’ve booked but if you sign up to get their mails and special offers there are often money off codes sent through. I got a 10% off one just yesterday.
Glee Fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 19, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Originally Posted by Glee Fan View Post
Bit late now you’ve booked but if you sign up to get their mails and special offers there are often money off codes sent through. I got a 10% off one just yesterday.
Urghhhhh... Never mind...

I did google codes but none of them worked online
Old 24 Jan 19, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mitch84 View Post
This is what I ended up doing last night. They are outrageously expensive for what they offer, but it is cheaper than a days leave, and a night in a Venice hotel, so I just went for it
£110 to fly from venice in the scheme of things isnt bad especially when there is no actual alternative on the day ?
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 19, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
£110 to fly from venice in the scheme of things isnt bad especially when there is no actual alternative on the day ?
I just think Jet2 are dear. Their prices for Venice flights are around that, regardless of if there are other flights.

We need a bag, and so if we went return with them, you'd be looking at near on £300 return each, and then pay to sit together etc (we actually don't bother). This is winter and well out of season.

For me its a budget airline, without budget airline prices, but like you stay I'm restricted to it, but who is booking the flights out for example when you could go Easyjet for a third of the price at a similar time