Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 10 Jun 04, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
signtalker
Imagineer

Talking The Benson's Hit las Vegas(and Beyond) Tour

Cast

DH- Driver,drinks runner, and champion Bird Watcher(feathered!)
DS- Gameboy wizard, and champion whinger
Me- useless map reader, and tour organiser

D day arrives, and were all chomping at the bit to get away for the Twilight Checkin. DS purposely stands at the end of the drive to wave to the kids on the school bus, to really rub it in that he's going away!.

First stop Asda for sandwiches ,crisps, and drinks for the halfway stop(enough burgers and fries will be eaten in the next 3 weeks)! , so we give Mcdonalds a wide birth, although we do park in the burger king car park to partake of our lunch! (its the one on the Ipswich roundabout, next to toys r us! )

Were on first name basis now with the manager(owner of Lowfield farm), and although he wasnt there to greet us when we arrived, the key was waiting for us.
DS opted for the top bunk(he had nobody to argue with so it was an open and shut case, that he would get it!

Hand luggage left in the room, and a quick drive to Gatwick for Twilight Checkin. Surprised to see that Virgin have now changed the times and it opens at 2.30, a few families infront of us, but not bothered really, untill I see their luggage tags! "ORLANDO"

A quick tug at the heart strings tells me I made the right decision this year(i didnt sound convincing! )

Saw the security guy making a beeline, so were ready with the usual answers, yes we have elecrical goods,no nobodys had access to our bags etc etc...

Well we didnt get past first base!
Have you ever tried not to look suspicious but end up looking like you have something to hide?(come on weve all done it! )

I happened to mention DH had a Vibrating Alarm clock in his suicase(being deaf this is what he uses!)so the security guard heard " Yes I have a bomb in my bag please feel free to search it"!
Okay Mam were doing routine searches of bags going out of Gatwick and into America, so we'd like to search all of your bags behind this screen.(pointing to a large white screen)
DH was already invisaging the snap of Latex

Id used cable ties so explained this to the chappie, " I wish more people were like you" he said
would make my life so much easier!
Okay so im on a role, get these guys on your side and youre away! . Ummmmm do you have some more cable ties to replace them with? , after a brief 5 minutes, none could be found and we were waved on! (see what a womanly smile can do).

We always take bets on whose bags weigh the most at checkin, and this year im happy to say it was DH at the grand amount of 24 kg's(well he did have a telescope and tripod in his case! ).Bulk head seating, 21 A B C, as requested through the special needs department, with video watchman with subtitling for DH, all ready!. Umm this is why we like Virgin sooo much!

Back to the B&B to refresh, then down to the pictures to watch "Van Helsing" and grab a takeaway pizza.

Up bright an early in the morning,as Mikes wife cooks a mean breakfast(X Virgin Cabin crew), scrambled eggs for me, toast for Ds and DH opts for the full english! .( I do hope I dont see this later!)

Curtesy transport to the airport, with Mikes Dad(who also owns a b&B, and Vegas here we come...

Oh no its not as easy as that!
1 Hour delay, which for a nervous flier like me meant more time in the loo!(and more laps round the gatwick concorse for DH!)

Boarding was painless, and up untill now DH was the model child
(dont be fooled by the angelic smile! ).

Take off was as traumatic as ever, but as it never stops my holiday(british reserve and all that), were off
Las Vegas here we come...

Grand Floridianx2ALL star sportsx1Beach clubx2
signtalker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 04, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Michelle
VIP Dibber
- DIBB Advertiser -

Michelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 8
Great start Jules

I have been waiting for these...
Old 10 Jun 04, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Mike
Imagineer

..wow, Jules..respect! Back less than a day and part 1 posted!

Great start - Love the guilty interchange with the customs guy... glad he didn't actually resort to the marigolds!

..can't wait for more! Can you finish the whole thing before 530am Saturday please?

Mike
Mike is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 04, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Clarey
Imagineer

Great start Jules
Clarey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 04, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post

Sounds like everything is going your way?!
Claire
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 04, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
mariechez
Imagineer

mariechez's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Waiting for more Jules and l'm well impressed with the speed in which you knocked the first one out.

Marie
mariechez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 04, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post

Fantastic start.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 04, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
AlisonB
Imagineer

Great start Jules!
AlisonB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 04, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List