Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by Belle3 View Post
International Drive... BOOKED!
Booked at The Point Orlando from 13th - 20th September in an Executive Suite Booked through Booking.com with an advance purchase... but once I had completed the booking, I received an email from the hotel itself and it said this...

Upon check-in, the resort will obtain an "authorization" equal to all nights' room and tax charges, plus $50 per night for possible incidental charges made to your room. Should you be using a bank debit or check card, this "authorization" will be taken from your checking account balance and will not be available to you. At check-out, any unused "authorization" will be released back to your financial institution; however, these funds may not be available to you for 7 days or longer after your departure from the resort.

Is it just the way I'm reading it... or does this sound like a large amount of money?! All nights room and tax charges PLUS $50 per night! It didn't say anything about this on booking.com!
Can someone please tell me I am reading this wrong?!?!
Most hotels i have stayed in usually take about $500 authorisation so it will probably work out about the same. Make sure you use a credit card (not prepaid) and money will never actually be taken. It just guards the hotel incase you trash the room/steal the tv/run up a huge drinks bill on your room and leave without paying ect...! Normal practice.

Which hotel at pointe is it? The Rosen?
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 14, 01:55 AM  
Link to this Post
pixie81
Imagineer

pixie81's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 10
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 92
Guidebook Reviews: 8
I'm hooked on your pre trippy already! Your cats are so beautiful!

I'm sure Tom will fall in love with Orlando, as we all do when he gets there. What's not to love?!

I haven't stayed there before but Caribbean Beach Resort (CBR) looks gorgeous. You're going to have an amazing time!
pixie81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 14, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post

Thank you! He's actually convinced now that he's not going to like it... but he says I've killed it from going on and on about it for years and years sooooo I'm keeping very quiet now
It's not the Rosen Point it's just called The Point Orlando and it's like little apartments with kitchens and sofas rather than hotel rooms which I thought was nice, it's just off I-Drive apparently a 15 min walk to Universal
It cost £338 for 7 nights which I thought was good and was the cheapest apartment style room we could get.
So the deposit will be £338 + $77 resort tax + $350 ($50 per night charge) = about £592. That's alot! We don't own credit cards and don't intend to so we will just have to use our debit cards with our wages. Fair enough if it's standard, but should have been mentioned on Booking.com really before booking.
Anyway! Not going to be a Moaning Minnie because today is the day I start my Disney File!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 14, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
howardfamily
Excited about Disney

Hey were going on the 4th of September too! Where are you guys flying from ?

Megan x
DLP (Mother/Daughter - 2019
Cruise on Dream / Pop Century 31st Wedding Anniversary- 2019
howardfamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 14, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post

Hello! We are flying from Manchester I think it will be on the 11am flight will be booking in the next week or so How about you?
Old 21 Feb 14, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post

So...
Having a total nightmare with "The Point Orlando". Booked on booking.com using my debit card as it was an advanced payment. But they didn't take the money, so I emailed them asking when they would be taking it so I could organise my money etc and never received a reply. Then the day after I got email from booking.com saying that my credit card couldn't be processed. I rang booking.com and told them I had paid on debit card, advance purchase etc etc. They said that you can't pay for this hotel on debit card! So I asked why I had received a confirmation etc, and it didn't say I couldn't use a debit card. They called the hotel while I was on the line and it went straight to voicemail, so they emailed them. Heard nothing since but keep getting emails saying that they are going to cancel my reservation unless I provide credit card details. I'm really not happy with all the messing, and not happy about the deposit either really so thinking I'm just going to let them cancel it. Really shocked at the bad service because they have amazing reviews on Trip Advisor but oh well. I want to be 100% happy with wherever we book so I'd rather change. Emailed booking.com and told them how fuming I am and asked them to cancel it, they don't really email back but I had all my wisdom teeth out yesterday and I'm in too much pain to talk so can't call them! Hopefully they will email back or I'll have to call them again.
Bought the first of Tom's holiday presents today

Next present will be bought on payday!
Old 22 Feb 14, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill635
Imagineer

Gill635's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Fab start, can't believe you're in Liverpool as you're only up the road from me!

Sorry you had such a horrendous time at work, good on you for sticking up for yourself though. Hope you've managed to find something you love since.

The pusscats are adorable! I have 2 (Mia and Harry) and detest leaving them even though my friend stays at mine with them and they adore her - I still miss them like crazy

Looking forward to the rest

Gill x
Old 22 Feb 14, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post

Hi Gill!
Thanks for reading! I'm actually on the Wirral so not far at all!
I do have a new job now where I'm treated well and all is good Not a great experience before but I guess I wouldn't be going to Disney if that hadn't have happened so everything happens for a reason I guess!
Aww I know what you mean I don't know how I'm going to cope for 17 days. The longest I have left them for is 12 days and that was when I only had two, now I have three to miss!
Old 22 Feb 14, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinks_81
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Belle3 View Post
Hi Gill!
Thanks for reading! I'm actually on the Wirral so not far at all!
I'm not far along on the A41 in great Sutton.

You pre trip report is brill. I'm going 30th sept and have. It even thought about writing a pre trip report.
2012 highgrove villa
2014 AOA at TownCentre villa
Tinks_81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 14, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Tinks_81 View Post
I'm not far along on the A41 in great Sutton.

You pre trip report is brill. I'm going 30th sept and have. It even thought about writing a pre trip report.
Hi Tinks!
I have been planning this trip for years and years... just never had the money to do it and always been barriers in the way like Tom's Visa. For us this really is a once in a lifetime trip as I can't see us affording it again any time soon! We've been abroad every year and Tom would get annoyed at me because I would spend time on my kindle looking at florida even while on holiday! Sad I know, but it meant so much to me to be able to book that I literally couldn't wait to write my pre-trippie!