Notices

Old 1 Jul 16, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
mouselover22
Imagineer

Hi Chloe

Just read all your pre-trippie so far. We are also May dibbers What date do you actually fly out? Sorry if I missed that :blush I am contemplating doing a pre-trippie myself

We are staying at the Hard Rock for 4 nights followed by the AKL from the 18th May with DDP

Your plans sound fab Roll on May hey! I will be following your updates

Take care and happy planning!
Old 2 Jul 16, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mouselover22 View Post
Hi Chloe

Just read all your pre-trippie so far. We are also May dibbers What date do you actually fly out? Sorry if I missed that :blush I am contemplating doing a pre-trippie myself

We are staying at the Hard Rock for 4 nights followed by the AKL from the 18th May with DDP

Your plans sound fab Roll on May hey! I will be following your updates

Take care and happy planning!

Hi

Great to find more may dibbers! We fly out on the 8th. You didn't miss it don't worry I don't think I added the dates to the report

You should totally do a pretrippie, it keeps all your planning together, I'll be looking out for it

Ah so we will be at AKL at the same time! Yes I can't wait for May it needs to hurry along please. Thank you for reading!
Elsa42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 16, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
ADR wishlist.

ADR wish list

Now it’s the exciting part and the part of the plan I seem to be struggling with the most. The ADR wish list. Now this doesn't need to be agreed for quite a few days (120 to be exact) However I am posting this early as i would really appreciate anyones opinions on where we should eat.

As we are staying at The Animal Kingdom Lodge we have the Disney dining plan which allows us to have 1 table service meal per person per day and 1 counter service meal per person per day. This means I’ve got 18 counter service credits to play around with.

We originally made a big list of all the places we would be happy to try, there were a mixture of new restaurants and a couple we tried last year. The list was as followed:

* 50’s prime time
* Be our guest
* The boathouse
* Royal table
* Coral reef
* Jiko
* San angel inn
* Rainforest cafe
* Sci fi
* Tiffins
* Trex
* Yak and yeti
* California grill
* Nine dragons

Quite a big list with a few MUSTS, we each picked 2 places which were must do’s to start to narrow down the list.

I had picked California grill and Jiko as my two. I love the idea of the theming at Jiko and I felt that california grill would be a great experience.

Mum picked The royal table. This was an absolute must for her, she knew there were mixed reviews but she really wanted to try it so I was happy. Her other pick was San Angel Inn. Mum saw this last year as we were exploring the world showcase and expressed how much she would love to try it.

To help with my planning and to see how many restaurants in each park we were looking at I decided to see if we could choose our ADR wish list now. From the list above me and mum spent the 18 table credits in the restaurants we wanted to eat at then compared lists to see which we had both picked.

To my surprise mum hadn't picked The royal table! even after telling me every time she really cant wait to eat there she hadn't even picked to go. In fact her list was really quite random from what she had previously said.

Mum’s list:
* Be our guest 2 credits
* Coral reef 2 credits
* Jiko 4 credits
* San angel Inn 2 credits
* Scifi 2 credits
* Trex 2 credits
* Tiffins 4 credits

My list:

* 50’s Prime time 2 credits
* Be our guest 2 credits
* The boathouse 4 credits
* Coral Reef 2 credits
* Jiko 4 credits
* San angel Inn 2 credits
* Yak and yeti 2 credits

From this we decide on a couple that we know we would defiantly want to book. A couple we have been to before so we know what to expect. I thought I had got it sorted but I keep changing my mind. If anyone has any opinions on the restaurants in the following list, any advise or opinions on which ones are better to choose or not choose that would be fantastic. So far the wishlist stands like this.

50’s Prime time - 1 credit each

Despite mum not adding this to her list she said last year she really wanted to try here. The atmosphere looks great and I hear the food is yummy. I know a couple of people that have visited this restaurant and have recommend that we go. Despite all the changes this one has always stayed on the list so i think this will be a yes.

Be our guest - 1 credit each

After visiting last year we knew we wanted to revisit be our guest. The food was outstanding and the theming, well it speaks for itself. This is a definite for us and 100% think it will stay on the list. I know some people don't rate the food but we thought it was great. I would also like to try breakfast or lunch here as well. As anyone got any experience with this?

San Angel Inn - 1 credit each

A new one for us. I’ve not really read any reports where people have eaten here. I think it looks great and the menu is something different. Mum is really keen to eat here so I imagine this will stay on the list. If anyone has any experience eating here i would love to hear what you thought.

The boathouse - 2 credits each

I’ve read so many great reviews. After looking at the menu I knew this was a must for me. I think it would be nice to have a meal in Disney Springs.

Jiko/Tiffins - 2 credits each

Jiko was a must for me, i was really excited to be able to eat here. When i showed mum the menu she instantly agreed it’s a must for us both. The theming is great and I love the look of the menu. We were however waiting for the tiffin restaurant to open so we could compare and see which looked better however after reading the menu and some reviews it sounds equally as amazing and now we’ve got to try and pick between the two

Sci Fi - 1 credit each

I thought mum would love this place. It’s simpler food choices but I thought the theming looked great. Mums very into this sort of thing and I thought it would be a nice lunch time thing. We were on about paying OOP for this as we wanted to use our credits elsewhere but if we decide between Jiko and tiffins we will have credits to spare to use here.

The other options would be coral reef, rainforest cafe, trex or yak and yeti. I love the counter service of yak and yeti and so was going to go to the table service but then we thought we like the counter service so much why not just eat there.

When we stay at the Poly we will be paying out of pocket for dinner at Ohana’s. I know this has really mixed reviews and it can be good and bad at times i think sometimes you have to experience these things for yourself. I think the theming looks great and I’m excited to try a mixture of food.

After writing this I’m now not so sure about the boathouse. I don't feel as drawn to it now and am much more interested in the other options we’ve picked. Mum is happy to go wherever now and told me to just make sure it fits within our plan.

If anyone has any thoughts please help I really cant decide. Its still a while before we can book but I want to make sure all my decisions are made before November as ADR day and park hours will come out around the same time.

Until next time.

Edited at 10:23 AM.
Elsa42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 16, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Snack list

I’ve decided to start a small (who am i kidding) snack list of must try for next year. Reading all the great trip reports i’ve already picked up on a few things i want to try and if i find anymore then i can add them in. I also need to find a replacement for my favourite snack which was the jalapeno cheese pretzel I’m so sad this is gone.

We defiantly want to retry some Churros in Disney. We love them at home but last year brought one from universal and it wasn't too great I’m hoping the disney ones will be better. I’m not entirely sure were the best place to get these are so if anybody knows let me know.

The next one is the Creme brûlée from the Epcot’s France Pavilion. I hear this and the chocolate eclair are amazing from here so I’m hoping we can get one of each and i can try both as mum can’t eat chocolate :O

Also in Epcot I’ve seen the american dream slushie drink. I have no idea where this is from and if its even on sale anymore but it looks and sounds amazing. I’m hoping I’m going to be able to get my hands on one.

Another one from Epcot which can be found in the refreshment port is the cronut. I love both donuts and croissants so it sounds like the perfect snack to me.

From Gastons tavern a cinnamon bum and lefou’s brew is needed. I was so close to getting on last year and mum decided not to buy one so this trip I’m determined to try it.

I’ve just read a thread on the Dibbs about a s'mores tart from the Starbucks in magic kingdom. This sounds amazing and another thing i really want to try.

and of course I think it must be some sort of Disney law to have a dole whip. I know I know I didn’t try one last year and thats a big crime but I’m hoping we will get to try on this trip to make up for it

I've seen a couple of other things but will need to do a little more research into snacks. Trust me this will be updated again and the list will be better

Until next time
Old 13 Aug 16, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Just a quick update. We rang up the disney cruise line and added on our ground transfers. We are now being picked up from the poly on the Friday morning and taken to the animal kingdom lodge the Monday morning. The Disney ground transfers cost £23 per person each way. We are happy to pay the extra to know everything is organised and we don't have to organise our own transport. I'm now impatiently waiting for ADR day in November and wondering if its too early to post our rough plan
Old 7 Sep 16, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
LostPrincess
Serious Dibber

In the past few hours I've just read your previous trip report and this pre-trip report, you got me hooked! We go in June 2017 so I'm excited to read along with your planning as it goes along. It's never too early for a rough plan... mine is far past the "rough" stage already! Look forward to reading more xxx
LostPrincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 16, 01:10 AM  
Link to this Post
OnOurWay
Excited about Disney

Great pre- trip report. We are only going in August next year, so still waiting on flights, etc so currently living vicariously through other people's plans😀😀😀
OnOurWay is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 16, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Originally Posted by LostPrincess View Post
In the past few hours I've just read your previous trip report and this pre-trip report, you got me hooked! We go in June 2017 so I'm excited to read along with your planning as it goes along. It's never too early for a rough plan... mine is far past the "rough" stage already! Look forward to reading more xxx
Thank you for reading, i'm glad you've enjoyed it. More 2017 Dibbers! i wish it would just hurry up don't you? I agree i cant wait for park hours to come out so i can really up the planning
Old 12 Sep 16, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Originally Posted by OnOurWay View Post
Great pre- trip report. We are only going in August next year, so still waiting on flights, etc so currently living vicariously through other people's plans😀😀😀
Thank you, I'm the same just waiting at the moment for the next thing i can plan or book so reading through everyone else's pre-trip reports. thank you for reading
Old 13 Oct 16, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
I haven't updated in what feels like forever. I'm currently working on my first rough plan so once thats done i will be uploading that to see what the first thoughts are