Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 22 Nov 19, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
What a fab day! And so quiet!

We are in the same school holiday zone as Paris which means it would be impossible to do DLP without the crowds! You did so much!
It was quiet. And that definitely helped 👍
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 19, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

HOW DID I MISS THIS TRIP?!

By the way, no sympathy here. My delightful (demonic ) three year old niece made me ride Slinky six times in a row... in March. Yes it was cold!
Old 8 Dec 19, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
HOW DID I MISS THIS TRIP?!

By the way, no sympathy here. My delightful (demonic ) three year old niece made me ride Slinky six times in a row... in March. Yes it was cold!
Ha ha. Six times. How did you stand up straight afterwards
I did kinda sneak this trip in unannounced
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 19, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
baggers
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Well done on getting so many rides done in your first day. I love the Christmas decorations too. The dragon was our favourite in the parade this year.
baggers is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 19, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
GoodTVfan
New Poster (2)

I'm finally in here - it's Rebecca from Colorado! Nice to see your trippie now that I have time to read it a bit. The hotel's darkness reminds me a bit of the atmosphere at the Polynesian and Wilderness Lodge resorts in Florida. Too bad it was so cold for you two, but it's nice to have low crowds and do so much without long waits. Why on earth people don't get Fastpasses when they're still available is beyond me - are there still really that many people who don't understand how FPs work? Why stand with bad knee/back pain for 40 minutes or longer (with sporadic walking movement) when you can wait much less time with a FP, sheesh. Some people just don't like to pre-plan much, I guess, or they like waiting in standby lines to talk to each other longer (that part I get, if I'm with a family member or friend I haven't seen in a long time, but I'd still rather do the FP queue if I had the option). The dragon in the parade is like Orlando's, the cool steampunk one. You said you weren't impressed with Phantom Manor - I don't think I would be either, even though I've seen people online rave about it. Looks dull to me, but then I'm into Disneyland CA and WDW. I hope I get to DLP some day... may have to wait until my high schooler kid is in college or working after she graduates (another 3.5 years). It looks very pretty. I'm amazed my sister-in-law and her family never went there when they lived in Europe several years with the husband's Air Force assignments. Anyway, looking forward to reading the rest of the trippie - I know the links.
GoodTVfan is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 19, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

What a great day! It all sounds very well organised to go so smoothly. Sometimes I wish we lived close to London, it must be so fab to jump on a train or plane and be where you want in a few hours. Travel is always such a trek for us, even to go to DLP would mean 2 flights .

How fun was the train with all of the games and quizzes, no wonder the time flew by.

I can't believe you managed to do so much in only a few hours. It all seems so quiet. I've only been to DLP once, years ago - 2007 I think. I don't remember the Studios Park at all. Was it there then? Or did I just miss it altogether? TOT, better than Florida? I think I'll have to get myself over to Paris to test that out for myself

The food at Annette's looks fab - I remember eating here. The girls got their meals on pink frisbee plates that they could take away with them. I don't remember it having a staircase though.

Ooh, I like the snack drawer, loads of goodies in there. Thanks for sharing your trip here Amanda, I feel like I'm using it to reminisce on that one trip to DLP I took with my girls, so apologies for that

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 19, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by baggers View Post
Well done on getting so many rides done in your first day. I love the Christmas decorations too. The dragon was our favourite in the parade this year.
Thank you. We were pleased with our afternoon tally and it was magical seeing the parade with the decs. It is all really well done.

Originally Posted by GoodTVfan View Post
I'm finally in here - it's Rebecca from Colorado! Nice to see your trippie now that I have time to read it a bit. The hotel's darkness reminds me a bit of the atmosphere at the Polynesian and Wilderness Lodge resorts in Florida. Too bad it was so cold for you two, but it's nice to have low crowds and do so much without long waits. Why on earth people don't get Fastpasses when they're still available is beyond me - are there still really that many people who don't understand how FPs work? Why stand with bad knee/back pain for 40 minutes or longer (with sporadic walking movement) when you can wait much less time with a FP, sheesh. Some people just don't like to pre-plan much, I guess, or they like waiting in standby lines to talk to each other longer (that part I get, if I'm with a family member or friend I haven't seen in a long time, but I'd still rather do the FP queue if I had the option). The dragon in the parade is like Orlando's, the cool steampunk one. You said you weren't impressed with Phantom Manor - I don't think I would be either, even though I've seen people online rave about it. Looks dull to me, but then I'm into Disneyland CA and WDW. I hope I get to DLP some day... may have to wait until my high schooler kid is in college or working after she graduates (another 3.5 years). It looks very pretty. I'm amazed my sister-in-law and her family never went there when they lived in Europe several years with the husband's Air Force assignments. Anyway, looking forward to reading the rest of the trippie - I know the links.
Hello there. Yes we couldn’t understand why people didn’t take fast passes . Especially as it’s the old paper ones so no need to even pre book. We though the park was really well laid out and the parade interactions were much better than WDW. The cast members really took time out with the crowds, especially the younger kids. Phantom Manor was disappointing. I’m not a huge Haunted Mansion fan anyway . I can’t believe it’s taken me this long to ge to DLP. It was way better than I imagined.

Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
What a great day! It all sounds very well organised to go so smoothly. Sometimes I wish we lived close to London, it must be so fab to jump on a train or plane and be where you want in a few hours. Travel is always such a trek for us, even to go to DLP would mean 2 flights .

How fun was the train with all of the games and quizzes, no wonder the time flew by.

I can't believe you managed to do so much in only a few hours. It all seems so quiet. I've only been to DLP once, years ago - 2007 I think. I don't remember the Studios Park at all. Was it there then? Or did I just miss it altogether? TOT, better than Florida? I think I'll have to get myself over to Paris to test that out for myself

The food at Annette's looks fab - I remember eating here. The girls got their meals on pink frisbee plates that they could take away with them. I don't remember it having a staircase though.

Ooh, I like the snack drawer, loads of goodies in there. Thanks for sharing your trip here Amanda, I feel like I'm using it to reminisce on that one trip to DLP I took with my girls, so apologies for that
The organisation was brilliant Lynda. So nice to turn up and someone else has done everything, we didn’t get our tickets until we arrived at St Pancras. How’s that for laid back

Getting the train straight to Disney was a definite bonus and it was like a school trip for adults. Good fun.
Oh ToT. It’s outstanding. Really brilliant. We would have gone on it all day I think

Annettes really hit the spot for us in that first day. We thought we might just have an Earl of Sandwich that night but were so pleased to get a walk up here instead.

I think it’s lovely it’s taking you down memory lane. I feel sad I never took my two here.
Old 29 Jul 20, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
nickyjw
Apprentice Imagineer

What a great first day Amanda, you git so much done!
Really enjoyed reading along and making notes X
Nicky x
nickyjw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 20, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by nickyjw View Post
What a great first day Amanda, you git so much done!
Really enjoyed reading along and making notes X
Nicky x
Ah thanks Nicky. It was a great day. Lots of highlights - I’ve never been one for the parades really but this one was so great. And that empty walk to PoC , it was so spooky it was hilarious. Such good fun.