Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 28 Mar 19, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Solo at DLP March 2019 - Day 2 Part 1

Day 1 Part 3 can be found here https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...2#post13755722

Day 2 - Finally! Disneyland Park

I woke up nice and early at 7:30am naturally. I had a great sleep and thought the beds at Newport Bay Club were very comfy. I was excited for today already as it was my castle park day! Yay! I’m so tempted to just call it Magic Kingdom 2! 😜

I realised I could still make the extra magic hours so had a quick shower, got changed and donned my ears. As I was walking out the hotel the bus had just popped up - perfect!

I got off the bus and wandered to security. Wow! I was not expecting it to be so busy. The lines were huge and the same was true for getting through the ticket turnstiles. But I survived both and was in the park for around 9am.

I spent so long just walking around the pre park area looking at the DLP hotel and taking picks of the fountains. It’s just so pretty. I’d love to stay at the DLP hotel some time. The castle was such a lovely sight. It is beautiful though I must say the pink colour is a bit bright.

I decided to waste my magic time getting breakfast. I do not recommend this but I was dying for a coffee and it made sense to use my breakfast voucher at Cafe Hyperion.

Here I met my first cast member who I told off... I made my first DLP error at Cafe Hyperion. I noticed two lines at the til and assumed you could queue from both sides a la WDW quick service. So I just joined the shortest.

I was quickly bellowed at by a CM who said that was the collection queue, and he told me ‘you silly woman, you have to wait in line..’ to which a french guest next to him burst out laughing. I said politely to him that his attitude was disgusting. I was not a silly woman but a paying guest and I did not wish to join his queue as I’d hate to be served by someone with so little regard for guests.

I huffed off to another queue and ordered my breakfast. I was a little shame faced but felt I had to stick up for myself. However, I ate my breakfast and wrote up part 3 of my trippie. I decided I wasn’t going to let this cloud my opinion or ruin my day.

No pics of the breakfast as it wasn’t anything special. I had the omelette burger which I think tends to get a slating in reviews. However I found it no better or worse than a McDonald’s breakfast so not too bad at all. And my coffee was most welcome.

I took my coffee outside and the weather was glorious! So sunny, clear blue skies and felt so warm considering it was only 10am. I spotted Hyperspace Mountain was a 15 minute wait so I drank my coffee then headed over there.

I loved this! But I got off feeling like my neck had been pulled. I walked it off though and headed over to Star Tours. It was a 20 minute wait so I got in line. I hadn’t planned this trip with precision and I hadn’t utilised FastPass yet but up to now I didn’t feel I needed to. I’m not a Star Wars fan but considering Galaxies Edge will be open in WDW when I go I figured I best start seeing what the fuss was.

This was so immersive and the ride queue was so detailed. I was glad I waited in line as sometimes FastPass queues skip all the theming. The ride queue was so well done and soon I was at the front... and that’s where my journey ended as the ride had broke down and they announced it would be another 100 minute wait before it was back up and running. Oh well, I guess I’m not meant to add Star Wars to my addiction list.

I walked over to the castle and went to see my close relative;

Slightly lying there... it’s really me before coffee. I loved this! It was atmospheric and nice to have something inside the castle you could ‘interact’ with.

I headed out from the dragon lair and into adventure land. I grabbed a seat in a shady spot and re-hydrated with some water. It felt so warm out and I just soaked up the surroundings for a minute or two. As it was a nice shaded spot, I also snapped a selfie. That was the only downside to solo... no pics with me in them. I think this will be less of a problem on my WDW trip as photopass will be included.

I walked around, snapping pics as I went. I loved Adventureland and I loved the whole area of Pirates of the Caribbean. I spent ages here, taking lots of pictures and enjoying the scenery. I noticed Pirates of the Caribbean ride had hardly any wait so I thought it would be perfect pre lunch.

I think there’s something they put in the water at Disney parks as all the water rides have that same familiar smell and I enjoyed this ride.

Before I knew where I was it was 12:30 and time for my lunch reservation. I was dining at the Agrabah Cafe. I was dubious about this reservation as I booked it based on reviews. I wasn’t sure if the food would be for me. I treated myself to a jug of rosè and I have to say the wine was gorgeous! Top marks for this one and a jug was €11 and I estimated it contained around 3 small glasses so good value I thought too.

I couldn’t make buffet food look pretty so here you go:

Overall it was very enjoyable and I had a lot of shredded spiced lamb, sour cream with chives, salad and some flat bred. It was very nice and I also loved the spiced meatballs and herb potatoes. I thought it was very good value though the desserts weren’t to my taste. I did like the almond tart but the caramel apple cheesecake looking item was very gelatinous.

Continued in Day 2 Part 2...

Thanks for reading

Edited at 11:09 PM.
IBEX23 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 19, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
kadypants
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

That food looks delicious!

I love the theming in Adventureland, I could spend all day wandering round in there. Your photos are lovely!
kadypants is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 19, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

The weather looks gorgeous. You were lucky with queues too, managed quite a few rides by lunch time 😀 .

Shame you found your first rude cm at breakfast, did he call you a silly woman in English or French? Maybe if he did do in French, he may have thought you couldn’t understand him (not that it’s any better in either language!)

You look very pretty in your selfie, I guess that’s one of the most difficult thing about going solo, getting a photo taken.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 19, 11:52 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
So many great photos and your excitement comes across in your writing
Lovely photos, lovely food and a rude CM - glad you stuck up for yourself

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 19, 08:17 AM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
The weather looks gorgeous. You were lucky with queues too, managed quite a few rides by lunch time 😀 .

Shame you found your first rude cm at breakfast, did he call you a silly woman in English or French? Maybe if he did do in French, he may have thought you couldn’t understand him (not that it’s any better in either language!)

You look very pretty in your selfie, I guess that’s one of the most difficult thing about going solo, getting a photo taken.

When he shouted it was a collection queue, he said it in English so I apologised in English. He said the silly woman comment in french which to me is worse as he did this after I’d spoken English and I wonder if it was for the benefit of a laugh from the french in the queue or to insult me without my knowledge.

Whilst not fluent in french I do have a sound working general vocabulary and I think he was shocked when I told him off. The french man laughing in the queue shut up after a death glare too 😂😜

I couldn’t help it. If I had said nothing it would have bugged me all day.
Old 29 Mar 19, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by walt4it View Post
So many great photos and your excitement comes across in your writing
Lovely photos, lovely food and a rude CM - glad you stuck up for yourself
Thank you! Hope you’re enjoying reading.

Day 2 Part 2 will be up shortly, I had a lie in until 8am this morning so I’m late posting it
Old 29 Mar 19, 08:28 AM  
Link to this Post
natanddaz
Imagineer

Mobile

Loving your trip report. I absolutly fell in love with dlp when we visited for the first time last year. I even considered cancelling our wdw trip to return there instead!
As for the rude CM i think you absolutly did the right thing and if it had been me i think i would have followed it up with taking his name and a trip to guest services! 😡
Hope you enjoy the rest of your trip.
natanddaz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 19, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by natanddaz View Post
Loving your trip report. I absolutly fell in love with dlp when we visited for the first time last year. I even considered cancelling our wdw trip to return there instead!
As for the rude CM i think you absolutly did the right thing and if it had been me i think i would have followed it up with taking his name and a trip to guest services! 😡
Hope you enjoy the rest of your trip.
Aw thanks for reading along! I too have fallen in love with the place and will definitely be back!

I made a decision to try not to compare it to Orlando and to take it at face value which has worked for me and this park is truly beautiful.

I did consider making a complaint but I didn’t want to waste my time in the parks queuing to complain so I left it. I’m glad to say this is the only cast member I have encountered with a poor attitude so far
Old 29 Mar 19, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Good on you for answering back - not on at all! Other than that you had a great morning!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 19, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
Good on you for answering back - not on at all! Other than that you had a great morning!
Yes! I had to respond to him but I definitely didn’t let it effect my day