Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Trip Planning Florida
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.
Kenwood Travel
Unread 12 Feb 19, 12:45 AM  
Link to this Post
bigjamiek2
Proud to wear my Ears

Flying via Reykjavik

Anyone ever flown Icelandair?
Their prices are coming up pretty reasonable however the stop over at Reykjavik Keflavik airport are not long at all... 2hs 25min out and 1hr 25mins back... will it take long to transfer plane? Do you need to do security etc again? What kinda time do you you think would be needed?
bigjamiek2 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Orlando bargain
Unread 12 Feb 19, 03:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Kraken
Apprentice Imagineer

I have friends who flew IcelandAir and they booked themselves a much longer stop in Reykjavik - like 7hrs or so. This enabled them to leave the airport and do an excursion to the Blue Lagoon geothermic pool.

Sure, they landed in MCO at an un-godly time, but they had an "experience" ticked off the list with the Blue Lagoon.

Do bear in mind that Iceland is a pretty expensive country (accommodation / food etc) so by doing this extended stopover on a connecting flight they actually saved a fair bit of money as opposed to doing a separate trip to Iceland for the Blue Lagoon.
Kraken is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
A long-weekend visit... crazy!
Unread 12 Feb 19, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

We've done it several times yes you get in to Orlando a bit later but usually to an empty immigration hall
Flights are fine but anyflight for me is a means to an end and m not bothered if I get meal service
IFE is a bit basic but again for me that's no great issue
The airport is small and has plenty but expensive food choices
Takes no time to transfer you may get bussed from aircraft to terminal and the same terminal to aircraft
The big advantage for us is no stupid 3am on the way out and back home around 10 am
DH is flying out in June with our Gs 2 with Icelandic he will get a meal
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Going to be aGolf widow on this one
Gryff is a Disney Podcast DIBBcast-ear
Unread 12 Feb 19, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
buzzbuzz
Trying for More Ears

Hi, we flew with them 2 years ago. flights were good and we had plenty of time between transfers. the airport is quite small so no dramas getting from 1 terminal to another!
we were bussed from the runway back to the terminal and then back again for the connecting flight.
we fly out in March with Norwegian but I have booked my return flight with them again for this April.
buzzbuzz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Hurry up
Unread 12 Feb 19, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
bigjamiek2
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Kraken View Post
I have friends who flew IcelandAir and they booked themselves a much longer stop in Reykjavik - like 7hrs or so. This enabled them to leave the airport and do an excursion to the Blue Lagoon geothermic pool.

Sure, they landed in MCO at an un-godly time, but they had an "experience" ticked off the list with the Blue Lagoon.

Do bear in mind that Iceland is a pretty expensive country (accommodation / food etc) so by doing this extended stopover on a connecting flight they actually saved a fair bit of money as opposed to doing a separate trip to Iceland for the Blue Lagoon.
We looked at doing this but given we will have a 8 & 3 y/o with us... the wee guy deffo prob wouldnt be suited to then Blue Lagoon. Dont think Ive seen any photos of kids that young at it so they may even have a minimum age limit in place.
I think for the next 5 years or so we will purely be considering Reyk as a connection only.
bigjamiek2 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Orlando bargain
Unread 12 Feb 19, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
4fromsuffolk
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We are doing this in April but to Tampa - can let you know how we get on!
4fromsuffolk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Feb 19, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
nannamoon72
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

We are flying GLA-KEF-MCO with Icelandair in 6 weeks time, so can also report back 😄
nannamoon72 is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Feb 19, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
graywaldo
First POST

I've just flown GLA-KEF-MCO and back again. Transfer times are fine, all the same terminal and no doing security again. My one tip would be to keep an eye on the departure screen as they there was no announcement that our flight was boarding, just flashed up on the screen.
graywaldo is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Florida Magical Tours