Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 25 Feb 20, 07:56 AM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

Mobile Fishing trip in Naples (or nearby)

Morning

Gradually getting things ticked off and organised.

Next on my list is fishing. Both boys would like a half day fishing trip. Not bothered whether it's inshore or sea fishing really. I've checked TripAdvisor, and there's plenty, but was after any personal recommendations if possible please.

There's a possibility we may have time to do a fishing trip at Robbies when we're in the Keys, but I think we will have more time when we get to Naples.

TIA, as always x
TheHughesCrew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Ninnybobs
Apprentice Imagineer

I think this will probably be too far to travel, but I can highly recommend hiring Bokeelia Pier for an evening. It costs $100 for the pier hire (up to 10 people) and you have it all to yourself, you get a guide and the fishing is unbelievable. I caught a 7 foot Lemon Shark the first time we visited.
Ninnybobs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 20, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ninnybobs View Post
I think this will probably be too far to travel, but I can highly recommend hiring Bokeelia Pier for an evening. It costs $100 for the pier hire (up to 10 people) and you have it all to yourself, you get a guide and the fishing is unbelievable. I caught a 7 foot Lemon Shark the first time we visited.
Oh wow, that sounds amazing! But yes, possibly a little too far. We’re also heading up to Bradenton Beach after but again, too far in the other direction I think!
TheHughesCrew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 20, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by TheHughesCrew View Post
Oh wow, that sounds amazing! But yes, possibly a little too far. We’re also heading up to Bradenton Beach after but again, too far in the other direction I think!
Or, on a Thursday and Sunday night, atween 7pm to midnight you can join others, for a canny $10 a head for shark/whatever hits your rod fishing. Ninny is bang on right, great pier, as we're only two mile away we head there most nights for magnificent sunsets, it's green flash time in March, which is as the sun sets in the pass between the top of Cayo Costa and bottom of Boca Grande - August is when the sun returns for more green flash. The fishing segment of the pier is strictly only available to those fishing and their company, fishing or not.

HERE is the Bokeelia pier live cam, you'll note the gate halfway along the pier, it's that gate you can not pass unless you've paid. The fee ($8pp during the day, $10 at night) includes being covered by theIR fishing licence, it's very good value for money. They can help with rods if needed and sell bait.

HERE is the Facebook page for Bokeelia Fishing Pier

I can also recommend a superb boat Capt who heads out from Maria Drive on the island. $50pp, you're out for circa 6 to 7 hours.. see HERE
Old 29 Feb 20, 12:21 AM  
Link to this Post
SunbreezeFL
Imagineer

My OH has been backwater fishing several times with Sunshine tours on Marco Island
SunbreezeFL is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 20, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisatink
Getting Excited

Mobile

We went fishing with Captain Bubby Hail. My husband caught a 14 foot Saw fish which are very rare! He is based on Marco Island.
Lisatink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List