Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 15 Apr 20, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Gunna
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I got hold of them yesterday and moved our July 2020 booking to July 2021. I had to pay a small admin fee but we could move and take advantage of the early booking offer for next summer which gave us dining plan plus, a discount and €100 gift card. We booked Buffalo Bills and a character breakfast too.

As my final balance was due shortly for me it felt the right thing to do as I couldn’t see it being open or open fully. It’s disappointing but we decided as a family, given the current situation, it was what we wanted to do. As a small plus we’ve added an extra date and it ties in with my 50th birthday so something to look forward too.

Neil

Life's not meant to be lived in one place

The One Stop Trip Spot - all my trip reports all in one place
Gunna is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 20, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
thesorcerer
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Does anyone have a hopeful contact number to cancel?

Sunridge Woods, Davenport. 2010
Disney Wilderness Lodge Christmas 2014
Vista Cay Apartments 2014
Sunridge Woods... again. 2017
Singapore 2019 (Universal, Whoop, Whoop)
Disneyland Hotel DLP (CANCELLED)
"Ooo-oooo! Big summer celebratory blowout" 2022
thesorcerer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 20, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Gunna
Apprentice Imagineer

I used this one 0800 169 0737, I was waiting about 70 minutes to speak to someone but they were very helpful when I got through.
Gunna is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 20, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
thesorcerer
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gunna View Post
I got hold of them yesterday and moved our July 2020 booking to July 2021. I had to pay a small admin fee but we could move and take advantage of the early booking offer for next summer which gave us dining plan plus, a discount and €100 gift card. We booked Buffalo Bills and a character breakfast too.

As my final balance was due shortly for me it felt the right thing to do as I couldn’t see it being open or open fully. It’s disappointing but we decided as a family, given the current situation, it was what we wanted to do. As a small plus we’ve added an extra date and it ties in with my 50th birthday so something to look forward too.
What number did you call? I’m having a nightmare!

Sunridge Woods, Davenport. 2010
Disney Wilderness Lodge Christmas 2014
Vista Cay Apartments 2014
Sunridge Woods... again. 2017
Singapore 2019 (Universal, Whoop, Whoop)
Disneyland Hotel DLP (CANCELLED)
"Ooo-oooo! Big summer celebratory blowout" 2022
thesorcerer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 20, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
morgi
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

Hi

Just wondering if anyone had any luck in getting a refund for July? I called the wdtc last week and was told they were only offering full refunds for bookings up to the 30th June. They said they were not offering vouchers as you were only eligible for these if you had booked directly with Disney land Paris. Just curious to see if anyone else has had a different outcome now given the changes announced in the last few days?
morgi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 20, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
kenville
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by morgi View Post
Hi

Just wondering if anyone had any luck in getting a refund for July? I called the wdtc last week and was told they were only offering full refunds for bookings up to the 30th June. They said they were not offering vouchers as you were only eligible for these if you had booked directly with Disney land Paris. Just curious to see if anyone else has had a different outcome now given the changes announced in the last few days?
I’m only aware of refunds being offered for arrivals prior to 1 June 2020 as per the original terms that came out. They are trying to distance themselves from this however. I think contractually/legally you are entitled to a refund if the parks are closed but they are saying Macron has changed this. How watertight that is I do not know.
kenville is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 20, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
morgi
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

Thanks for the reply. Yes I thought that too re refunds and was calling to discuss the voucher option. But they said that as I had booked with them (wdtc) and not directly with DLP then there was nothing on offer regarding refunds or vouchers at the moment for our dates at the beginning of July. It's all very confusing but I guess I will just sit tight and see what happens in next few weeks
morgi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 20, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
kenville
slightly serious Dibber

I think this is one of those things where a company is trying to direct you down a certain route to avoid giving a refund, but if you really push for it you are legally entitled to it. If they can not offer what you paid for, which includes the date, then you can get your money back. Eurostar are quite good at this as they know full well the train won’t run but they will only offer a refund the day before the train is meant depart, hoping that you will call prior to then and pay extra fees to move your dates or cancel voluntarily and lose all your money!

With Disney though, a lot of this does depend on your own preference; if you are quite happy to move your dates to late this year or next go for it. It is nice of them to offer the flexibility and be supportive. Other people do need a refund for very valid reasons and that should still be pursued.
kenville is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 20, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
morgi
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

Yes I think you are right.

I will now be pushing for a refund as I dont really want to commit to any further travel plans at this time. I was just very confused that I had appeared to have booked with a travel agent (wdtc) and not dlp directly as the number was from the website. They did advise not to pay the balance due and said they wouldn't be pursuing late payments at this time so there is no way I'm giving them anymore money given the new info regarding gatherings in France. I think I will call in the next few weeks to see what they are advising now.
Old 15 Apr 20, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Gunna
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by thesorcerer View Post
What number did you call? I’m having a nightmare!
I rang 0800 169 0737, took over an hour to get through but they were helpful once I did. Hope you get sorted out

Edited at 09:17 PM.