Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 7 Jun 20, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

Never will I ever use them again , I know
I’m only waiting for wild Florida being refunded but still awful to deal with.
Old 7 Jun 20, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
parkgirl
VIP Dibber

parkgirl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 14
Mobile

I have messages them to see if I can move our flight to next year. United are saying we can but as it’s a TA booking we have to go through them.
CSR October 2011, POFQ May 2012, POP July 2012, SSR April 2013, OKW Oct 2014, OKW July 2016, All Stars Music April 2017, OKW/BLT July 2018, All Stars Sports Oct 2019, Riviera May 2022, GFR/AKL Oct 2022, Disney 5K Riviera/copper creek 2024, SSR Aug 2024
parkgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Jokeybhoy View Post
I'm thinking of booking cabana bay for October on the off chance that it still goes ahead and restrictions ease. It has free cancellation. Does anyone know if its a simple process and do you get your deposit back.
This is the new policy -

'We’re chuffed to let you know that from 6th March we are removing the fees we charge when you want to make an amendment to or cancel your hotel booking, meaning you can keep that excited holiday feeling when you push the ‘book now’ button. That’s right, we won’t charge you anything to cancel or change any new hotel booking you make with us up until 7 days prior to departure.'

I would double check when booking though that this still applies.

I had a booking with them and managed to cancel, I lost the £15 deposit but was happy to take that hit.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 20, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
richy246
Trying for More Ears

We had our hotel booked with them but I decided not to contact them straight away but wait a few weeks because I reckoned they would be overwhelmed with calls. 3 days ago I received a full refund and I haven't spoken to or emailed them once! You can;t beat service like that even though it took a while to happen.
richy246 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 20, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
cdavenport
Imagineer

cdavenport's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I had been messaging them since April, with no replies at all, as legs of my flights kept disappearing off my booking. I managed to speak to someone over a week ago about a refund (flights were Virgin flights) and she said she would look into it and get back to me.
I tried to phone again on Saturday but they had turned their phone lines off.
I sent a message on FB messenger as I’d hod no reply to any I’d sent via their website. I stated that if they didn’t contact me soon then I would be looking at doing a claim with my credit card.
Today I received a message to say that my holiday had been cancelled and expect a full refund with 7 days back onto the card I paid with.
So holiday is refunded, car hire with Costco fully refunded and Seaworld tickets from Orlando Attractions refunded minus a small fee.
Sad to not be going on holiday but happy that I managed to get my money back.
Oct 93-Best Western, Oct '95-Villa Davenport, Oct '96-Hotel Kissimmee, Nov '98-Villa Westridge, Nov '00-Port Richey, Oct '02-Cypress Point/BlueTree Resort, Oct '03-Mystic Dunes, Dec '05-NYC/Westgate Resort/Regal Palms, Dec '07-Polynesian Isles/Regal Palms, May '09-Villa, Dec '09-Orange Lake Resort, Aug '10 SSR/Cypress Point/Indian Wells, Jul '12- Calabay Parc, Apr '14-Villa, Marbella Resort, Jul/Aug '15-SSR/Villa Cypress Point, Oct '16-Ramada Plaza Resort, Jul '17-OKW/Villa
cdavenport is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 20, 07:54 AM  
Link to this Post
twelvepack
Earning More Ears

When was you supposed to be travelling, not going till 15th Aug, but have no response tpo my queries at all !
twelvepack is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 20, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Dawnfletch
slightly serious Dibber

Dawnfletch's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

We have been trying to get intouch with them since 17th May. They keep saying they have passed our message onto their customer service department. We are flying to Las Vegas 1st August from Manchester. Virgin app says LHR-LAS. Travel Republic app still says MAN-LAS! We know Virgin are not flying from Manchester or flying to Las Vegas. So God knows what is happening. Heard nothing from both companies about any changes.
Old 12 Jun 20, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Melyn12
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by scottishmum View Post
Never will I ever use them again , I know
I’m only waiting for wild Florida being refunded but still awful to deal with.
Same here! Awaiting a £2000 refund from 3/4 - never using them again
Melyn12 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 20, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Innocenti
Helping Minnie

Was told they'd contact me today ... got a 'standard' email saying they'll contact me 2 week before we are due to fly 8th July ... Delta flights are cancelled, so going to file a chargeback on my CC tomorrow.

Will never use them again either.
Old 13 Jun 20, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Zakman
Looking for my Ears

Mobile

I had similar issues with TR but sent the same messages today via PC desktop. I don’t know if there is a different group of people who handle anything raised through the desktop versus the app, but I was able to exchange messages back and forward and get my issue sorted quickly. Might be worth trying through PC desktop?
Zakman is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List