Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 22 Feb 20, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Mobile

My best friends want to try it so I will be making a booking on their behalf soon. The more I see the word exclusive the more I think it's going to cost them!
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 12:12 AM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

All along I've thought the Virgin voyages concept was interesting and have been quick to defend it against naysayers and say that I'd book a cruise with them. The concept art is so cool and I love the dining ideas.

However... on the cruise group I'm on on Facebook (Cruising Isn't just for Old People, check it out) the group owner has been on board and it looks so dissapointing. The furnishings just look plasticky and cheap. The outdoor seating looks like something they'd install in a public park because its cheap and vandalism proof. The only pool is tiny! The cabins look really small and I'm used to sailing in the cheapest insides.

Concept art vs reality:

Lets just say I'm no longer dissapointed that due to Virgin being adults only we can't sail with them!

Edited at 12:14 AM.
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Am I the only one surprised by the tattoo parlour? Simply because every cruise I’ve been on, at least occasionally, the ship moves. I would not want someone doing something permanent with ink in my body given that context!
Old 23 Feb 20, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
Am I the only one surprised by the tattoo parlour? Simply because every cruise I’ve been on, at least occasionally, the ship moves. I would not want someone doing something permanent with ink in my body given that context!
I can’t see a great demand tbh
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 20, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsgiggs
VIP Dibber

Mobile Scarlet lady

h

Pulling into Liverpool this morning. Photo from wife's office. Better photos on Liverpool echo Web site. She said it looks amazing going to have a look later.
mrsgiggs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 20, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

I understand there’s another fine ship in Liverpool soon too 😉
I hope they have a great time up there 👋
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 20, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I have read a few of the travel agent reviews - they've been doing some educational trips.

I have to say not all are favourable!
katiec68 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Cinq
VIP Dibber

I drove past it on my way to work this morning, I have never considered a cruise not something we have ever been interested in, but it is definitely eye catching!
Cinq is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List