Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 9 Mar 20, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
bernard301
slightly serious Dibber

Vegas/Grand canyon/Phoenix

We've decided to knock our plans for WDW on the head as we cant get our heads around the thought of having to budget over 12k for 3 weeks for 3 of us so instead are looking at doing a few days in Vegas before driving the South rim of the Grande Canyon to flagstaff before finishing off with 10 nights in Phoenix/Scottsdale.

has anyone got any advice for the journey or any recommendations?
bernard301 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 20, 12:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Sweeney_Todd
Imagineer

Ten days in the Phoenix area is quite a long time, unless you've got family there. What's the total length of your trip and what time of year are you going? Have you thought about going farther east after GC, as far as Albuquerque or Santa Fe then dropping down and back towards Phoenix?
Have you thought about hiring an RV out of LV? It would allow you more freedom to go where you pleased; we've done it a few times and have a few more similar trips in the pipeline.

Regards

"Right love, shut up and listen - an ADR for two at Crystal Palace, name of Regan. Got it?"

40?...Face?...Bovvered? ...-...Our Feb 2008 Trippies
Sweeney_Todd is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 20, 05:41 AM  
Link to this Post
red cuillen
Excited about Disney

Have a look in the trip reports for California and the west coast - (try the index section for a more concise list of reports), a fair number of dibbers have done trips like yours so hopefully you can gleen some useful info.
red cuillen is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 20, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We have only done Vegas and the Grand Canyon South Rim which I would highly recommend but if I had your length of time I would do a giant loop starting and ending in Vegas taking in the GC and heading in to Utah to explore the Mighty 5 National Parks and Monument Valley.

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 20, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
stockport1965
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
We have only done Vegas and the Grand Canyon South Rim which I would highly recommend but if I had your length of time I would do a giant loop starting and ending in Vegas taking in the GC and heading in to Utah to explore the Mighty 5 National Parks and Monument Valley.
I second that!
stockport1965 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 20, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Puddle5
Apprentice Imagineer

Puddle5's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We did Las Vegas, Flagstaff, Grand Canyon, Bryce and Zion last year. We spent 3 nights in Las Vegas which was more than enough, good to see but wouldn't particularly want to go back.

Wish we had spent more than one night in Flagstaff (on the way to GC) as it looked a gorgeous area and wished we had more time to spend looking around. We stayed in the Little America Hotel in Flagstaff, a superb little hotel. We drove up from Flagstaff to GC going in East entrance this was great as it was quiet and our first view of the Canyon was from Desert view which was awesome much quieter than the views from around GC village.

Of all the places we visited my husband and I both enjoyed Bryce Canyon the most and I would advise anyone to visit if you can.

Sedona is meant to be a great place to visit and is on the way down from Flagstaff to Phoenix. Next time we visit we will be visiting both and going up to Monument Valley which we missed last time

There's so much of the states I still want to visit!

Hope you have a great trip
Puddle5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List