Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 29 Aug 19, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
HEY MICKEY YOU'RE SO FINE,YOU'RE SO FINE YOU BLOW MY.MONEY MAY'19 Day:20 MAGIC KINGDOM,MANNY'S

HEY MICKEY YOU'RE SO FINE,YOU'RE SO FINE YOU BLOW MY..MONEY. MAY 2019 Day:20. MAGIC KINGDOM, MANNY"S, TWISTEE TREATS

HEY MICKEY YOU'RE SO FINE,YOU'RE SO FINE YOU BLOW MY..MONEY. MAY 2019 Index

Day 20.

Our last full day before heading home tomorrow The first few days on a holiday always seem to go nice and slow and then all of a sudden the end creeps up on you without warning. I dread this as I know I always feel so gutted to be going home. I was hoping we would make the most of our last full day but in reality we probably didn’t!

Once again I was vetoed about going out for breakfast as no one fancied it. Whisper it quietly but to be honest I’d had enough of the American-style breakfasts by now as well.

We were up fairly early as we wanted to get to the Magic Kingdom for opening which was at 9am. The drive was fairly easy and we had no issues with traffic coming from the 192 which was something I was worried about beforehand but it proved to be a non-issue. I once again use my Revolut card to pay for parking. I can’t recommend this card enough and had absolutely no problems with the card and wouldn’t be without one for future trips.(if your reading Revolut bossses I’ll gladly take commission.)We managed to get a disabled parking space pretty comfortably towards the front of the Magic Kingdom parking lot. There was a massive amount of work now going on at the Ticket and Transportation Centre. Lots of hoardings were up and we were directed quite a long way round to reach the bag check area. There was a little wait to get in but overall it wasn’t too bad through the bag check.

Once through I could see there was quite a big queue for the monorail and also for the ferry so I did what any seasoned pro would do and directed us to use the resort monorail. By the time we got on the resort monorail there was no one left waiting on the other monorail line as two had come and gone so my smug look was soon wiped from my face. This ended up taking a long time to get to the front entrance as the monorail was very busy letting people on and off at the busy resorts.

Thankfully it didn’t take us long to get through the Magic Band card readers and we were soon in to the park.

I had booked a fast pass for straightaway to meet Tinkerbell so we headed there first thing. I found this line a little frustrating. There was only one other family ahead of us yet it took ages for a CM to let us in as they were busy moving people through the normal standby line. It took us about 15 minutes to get through which was probably the same as the standby line.

We got through to meet Tink and as usual our two stood there mute hardly saying anything to her. They can be such hard work with the characters sometimes! Other times they do make an effort but today wasn’t one of them. What I didn’t like was that for the picture it was one of the new fixed photo stands without a photographer. The pictures came out okay but it’s still not the same as with a photographer.

Once we had finished shed our meet and greet we needed to get to the Art of Disney store on Main Street so we could get the Disney “Vision” photo that we wanted to get that they didn’t have in Epcot. Luckily I found one straightaway so I grabbed it and paid. We obviously didn’t want to carry that with us so we were able to collect it in a few hours time from a place next to City Hall. Once we finally get fully set up at home after our building work this picture will take pride of place somewhere. Kelly and I both love it.

From here it was on to get some breakfast Main Street Bakery Starbucks. This took forever and was a little bit frustrating to be honest.

It was also pretty expensive for 4 sausage and cheese muffins. Kelly had her with egg as well. With four drinks it was a whopping $39!

It was on to Tomorrowland Speedway. This had just finished a refurb and wasn’t open earlier on in the holiday so we were really pleased to go on this as Evie was desperate to go on as it’s her only chance to do some driving! It was absolutely baking hot in the queue and you could really feel the heat coming from the cars.

We got on thankfully in no time though. Kelly rode with Lily and I went with Evie. I was determined that she was going to do this as much as possible and I didn’t really want to help. Needless to say she is the worlds worst driver but she loved it and we had a very good time on the ride.

After a quick restroom break it was soon time for our next fast pass which was Space Mountain. Kelly once again decided not to go on as it made her feel sick where as the girls absolutely love Space Mountain. The standby line was pretty big but we got straight onto the ride with our fast passes. The girls once again loved it and it’s definitely one of their favourites. I find this okay but it is at times very painful. Since returning I read a book about the building of the Magic Kingdom and if I knew then what I know now about the rides early years it would be very doubtful I’d go on it!

We found Kelly browsing in the shops so we grabbed her and made our way over to Monsters Inc Laughter Floor. We’d yet to do it this trip and so we were pleased to finally be doing this attraction as we all really enjoy it bar Evie who is terrified that she will be picked on! We didn’t have a fast pass for this but managed to get in fairly comfortably. Evie didn’t want to sit near the front so we just grabbed any row and luckily for Evie she wasn’t picked on! I was disappointed not to be “that guy”. One day I hope. Just to embarrass Evie. I do worry though that we would get tired of this show but we never do and we all loved it just as much as we did before.

We were fairly peckish now so it was finally time to get Cheshire Cat’s Tail from The Cheshire Cafe. We’d had our eye on these for a while. We didn’t get round to it before so we the seized the chance today. We got 2 to share between us. 2 words. Disappointing and Small. Two words Kelly isn’t used to They just didn’t live up to the hype. A shame.

We headed past the castle and managed to pose for some photos and miraculously even managed to get Evie to do some.

It was again incredibly hot and the heat was taking its toll on us. We headed towards Adventureland as I was hoping to go on Pirates again but no one else was interested which was annoying.

I did have some luck that for the first time ever we found the place that does egg rolls was actually open! Something off my Disney bucket list. It’s always closed when we’ve been before. It was $7.50 for two and not a snack credit if using the ddp. We went for a cheeseburger one and a Cuban one. The cheeseburger one was ok but the Cuban was lovely We shared these and we all thought the same.

From here we just had a general mosey around making our way slowly in the direction of the Haunted Mansion. This was the last big ride at Magic Kingdom that we hadn’t managed to do yet and I was very much looking forward to it. Again none of the others with that fussed about going on but I insisted that we go on. The fast pass line was annoyingly big and it absolutely sweltering as we queued. The line was too big to reach the canopy so we were right in the sun.

Once inside though we got on quickly. I rode with Lily. I loved it it. Again the Disney dark rides really interested me this trip. Kelly just doesn’t get this ride and Evie finds it difficult to see anything. I totally understand why she doesn’t like the the ride and to be honest sometimes I forget how much Evie misses on the rides which upsets me when I think about it too much.

This next section of the day looking back now really disappointed. The plan was that we would wait around until three which was an hour or so away so that we could watch the parade. We were going to take our usual position somewhere near City Hall. The parade probably wouldn’t arrive till about 3:30 pm there. We had a quick look in the shops.

We got some treats from Main Street Confectionery.

An m&m and chocolate covered marshmallow stick for Lily which she enjoyed

For Evie a fancy cupcake.

For Kelly, chocolate covered rice crispy mickey ears.

We then found some seats outside Town Square Theatre.

I popped over to the place next to City Hall so I could collect the Disney “Vision” picture that I had sent there earlier to be collected. This was fairly easy. I went and found the others but at this point Evie was becoming very bored and more interested in going home and going swimming then staying for the parade. In hindsight we should have gone off somewhere else and come back but no one could decide what we should do and we all ended up arguing a little bit. What we should have done is pop over to the Contemporary and gone to the Contempo Cafe for a sit down and a snack to get out of the sun for a bit. Hindsight is easy and we didn’t do that or anything similar. Much to my annoyance as I write this we let Evie dictate to us and we left the park before seeing the parade. I’m absolutely kicking myself as I write this. Kelly loves the parade and I am gutted we didn’t see it this trip. I won’t ever let that happen again. So our last visit to the Magic Kingdom ended in disappointment. I cannot believe we just didn’t stay for the parade!

So we disappointingly said goodbye to the Magic Kingdom. It doesn’t have the big thrill rides but nothing beats this place for me and nothing ever will. Ever.

It was a quiet drive back to Encantada. I then made my next bad decision. We had planned on going to Longhorns for dinner which was my favourite meal of the last trip but tiredness and the frustration of the afternoon crept in and I don’t think we all felt like going too far so I thought we would go to Manny’s again for dinner. Everyone seemed happy with this decision. It would mean a more relaxed final evening .

Once back the girls were desperate to go swimming so once we got sorted we drove down to the pool. Thankfully it wasn’t too busy and we had a nice hour or so by the pool where the mood improved and we all felt a little bit more refreshed.

Once back we finished off packing and had a little bit of a tidy up. I also took a load of rubbish to the trash compactor situated on the resort complex. This in itself was an adventure as I caught one of the staff/gardeners smoking something that he shouldn’t of been when I pulled up unexpectedly to ask him if I was in the right place. My lips are sealed.

So once we were sorted we then headed out for dinner at Manny’s Chophouse.I was breaking my own rule in not going somewhere twice while in Florida. I called ahead but in truth I didn’t really need to as it was fairly quiet. We were shown to a table on the opposite side of the restaurant to last time. Our server soon joined us but he wasn’t in the same league as the first server we had. I asked him twice for crayons for the kids(and Kelly) so they could draw on the paper table cloth. I don’t know if he didn’t hear me or chose to ignore but they never came.

We decided to share a couple of appetisers as it was our last night as well as the lovely bread rolls.

We got the onion rings again as they were great last time. Same again this time. Lovely onion rings.

We also went for some boneless chicken wings but mild so the others could share. They all still found them too hot though! So I had them to myself I enjoyed these.

For mains it all went downhill

Lily went for the kids steak on a stick. In all honesty this was pretty tasteless and she didn’t enjoy it at all.

Evie lucked out and went for the teriyaki salmon. She had this with rice and vegetables. She really enjoyed this.

The first time we came Kelly had said the ribs looked good so she decided to have a half rack. She didn’t really like them. She found the coating a little overpowering and they definitely weren’t fall off the bone ribs like the ones at Texas Roadhouse. She was disappointed.

I was torn between getting ribs and a steak so I did the logical thing and got a steak and rib combo! Half rack of ribs with a centre cut sirloin steak. My side was garlic mashed potato. Again I was incredibly disappointed with mine. The coating on the ribs didn’t bother me like it did with Kelly but they just weren’t particularly good. I’ve had far better and nicer ribs elsewhere. The steak however was bland and tasteless.

It was a real shame as it was our final evening meal. First time we enjoyed it the second time was very poor from the service to the food. I don’t think we’d go back to Manny’s again. We asked for the cheque and were out the door pretty quickly. It was $105 total including tip. We should have gone to Longhorn.

So after our poor meal at Manny’s we wanted a little pick me up in the form of some Ice Cream. I don’t think any of us were ready to head back to Encantada but luckily I remembered seeing a little way down the 192 there was a Twistee Treat. There are a few of these dotted around. It’s a little booth in the shape of an ice cream with seating outside.

The one we went to was fairly busy. A good sign if you ask me. We had a little wait to order but it gave us a chance to have a look at the menu without panicking at the window! We chose a bench and waited once we ordered.

Evie didn’t fancy anything after her lone successful meal at Manny’s. Lily surprised me by going for something as she’s not a massive ice cream fan. She went for a cookie dough sundae with chopped nuts and a cherry on top! She really enjoyed this.

Kelly went for chocolate fudge sundae again with nuts and a cherry. She again said this was really good.

I went for a chocolate and vanilla soft serve in a cup. This was really good and I really enjoyed it.

All three came to a total of just under $11 so pretty good value. Definitely somewhere we’d go again if looking for an ice cream fix! We felt happier after this!

We all felt a little bit happier to the end of our day after doing this so we headed back to Encantada. We put away any final bits and pieces and got the cases downstairs to the front door as we would be leaving early. I felt the familiar wave of sadness but that our time was up and this was our last night before heading home tomorrow. Luckily we still had a few things to look forward to tomorrow as our flight wasn’t until the evening.

Thanks for reading.

George.

Edited at 07:59 PM.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
ronnieroobs
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Shame about the parade. Still looked like a nice day.
ronnieroobs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 19, 07:52 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Originally Posted by ronnieroobs View Post
Shame about the parade. Still looked like a nice day.
It makes my blood boil thinking that we didn’t go to the parade

Thanks for reading
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 19, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
4fromsuffolk
Very Serious Dibber

4fromsuffolk's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

You got a lot done on your last day I think. In April we made the parade but didn’t make the time to go back for Happily Ever After which I regret too. You can’t do it all I suppose and if the girls were happy having a swim that’s all good! I see you have a new countdown - exciting!
4fromsuffolk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 19, 07:31 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Originally Posted by 4fromsuffolk View Post
You got a lot done on your last day I think. In April we made the parade but didn’t make the time to go back for Happily Ever After which I regret too. You can’t do it all I suppose and if the girls were happy having a swim that’s all good! I see you have a new countdown - exciting!
Thanks for reading The countdown is just a maybe at the moment
Old 1 Sep 19, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I get tired of full breakfasts too, especially buffets which can be a bit repetitive.

I think sometimes we beat ourselves up too much about things we missed out on holiday once we've had time to think about it, but in the moment you made the decision that was right there and then.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 19, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
I get tired of full breakfasts too, especially buffets which can be a bit repetitive.

I think sometimes we beat ourselves up too much about things we missed out on holiday once we've had time to think about it, but in the moment you made the decision that was right there and then.
I know but we did it for an easy life to stop the moaning
Old 3 Sep 19, 07:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

A good day of rides, such a shame you missed the parade, kids eh! And I'm so sorry your last meal did not go very well.
Old 4 Sep 19, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Originally Posted by Jake71 View Post
A good day of rides, such a shame you missed the parade, kids eh! And I'm so sorry your last meal did not go very well.
Thanks for reading. I should have stuck with Longhorn
Old 4 Sep 19, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

You got plenty of rides done, but a shame you missed the parade. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but knowing how hot it was at that time and just how grumpy I was I can totally see why you did decide to leave with Evie moaning.

I can't believe the difference in meals at Manny's especially after the first! Definitely not what you wanted for the last evening xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List