Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 23 Dec 19, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by WhereIBelong View Post
ahhhh - there's the problem.

Some of us are grown women, not girls - and have men who muck-in, get on with it, and get the job done.

"necessary parameters" - good enough is close enough...

Mine’s away getting some last food shopping bits.
I’m on the sofa debating wrapping first or nap first (I’m working tomorrow ... he’s off til after new year)
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 19, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

To be fair to my hubby he has done far more this year than usual. I think Its just a sore point after the 60 odd present I wrapped in my own.
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 19, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
To be fair to my hubby he has done far more this year than usual. I think Its just a sore point after the 60 odd present I wrapped in my own.
Well that’s down to you , no one forced you to buy sixty gifts
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 19, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Well that’s down to you , no one forced you to buy sixty gifts
I actually didn’t realise I had that many. I was suppose to be cutting down. I bought one and put it away in the box then when I come to wrap there’s loads! Also some of the kids stuff was a set that’s been split.
I’m not annoyed he didn’t help cos he never has always hated wrapping and I don’t mind. What annoyed me is that he asked me to wait to do it together which wasn’t really together. I could have done it when he wasn’t here. Would have been a lot easier.
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 19, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

DH is honest you know it won’t be right if I do it so I’m off to the gym /golf take the dogs out etc he does do all the clearing up on Christmas Day and deliver the cards and gifts but he gets a detailed list of what is to go to who otherwise it be bedlam
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 19, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Its stressful isn’t it getting everything done we are all like mad things rushing around this time of year.
I then really enjoy that quietness on Christmas day especially on the roads. Its bliss.

Happy Christmas everyone 🎄🎄🎄

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 19, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
Its stressful isn’t it getting everything done we are all like mad things rushing around this time of year.
I then really enjoy that quietness on Christmas day especially on the roads. Its bliss.

Honestly what are they like Louise 😂. I’ve not long been in from work whilst himself has been “working from home”. Apparently he’s had a hard day of putting on 2 loads of washing and running the hoover round. He paid DS to do the other jobs he needed to do, including wrapping my presents 🙄. I got in to both of them playing Call of Duty, hard day my ass 😆

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 19, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post

Google sugar plum mum. It’s the first video.

Pretty much sums it up
Old 23 Dec 19, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

My husband always says he loves the surprise on Christmas Day when our children, now adults, open their presents. His face is more surprised than theirs as he has no idea what they have as I buy and wrap everything

He does redeem himself on the actual day, as he cleans most of the veg, prepares and cooks the turkey and the vegetables, makes delicious home made stuffing and gravy. All I do is prepare the table and serve the meal. Even though I’m as good a cook as he is, he’s happy to let me relax more on Xmas Day and do his share even though he doesn’t do very much of the work beforehand
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 19, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Buttercup1982
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I cant complain, mine does the food shopping and the cooking so I just get the nice side of buying and wrapping the presents 👍😂
Buttercup1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List