Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 17 Feb 20, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
rinroo
Very Serious Dibber

rinroo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 4
This mornings breakfast we had (mobile ordered) to fill up before heading to Clearwater

3 of us had a bounty platter (again) no picture as you’ll be fed up of seeing these by now.

The teen had an omelette and a croissant for 1 QS

The toddler had a large Mickey waffle with sausages

And we all had the strawberry yoghurt pairfaits.

As mentioned earlier, me and the hubby upgraded our resort mugs to the travel mugs. They’re actually really good. They keep drinks hot for 4 hours and cold for 8(I think)
He got a star wars one from our resort

I’m not a star wars one do I grabbed a skyliner one from AOA
It’s plain aside from the skyliner logo on one side
*DLP Santa Fe 03-04-05-07**First WDW Trip Oct/Nov 2011**Sept/Oct 2014 RPR-AKV-POFQ**Christmas/NYE 2015/16 OKW BCV AKV* *Nov/Dec 2018 OKW - Daisy’s 1st Trip* *Feb 2020 POR/OKW* *Feb 2024 Dibb Villa ASM OKW AKL 3 weeks with just 3 of us*
rinroo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 20, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
rinroo
Very Serious Dibber

rinroo's Reviews
We check out of POR tomorrow and head to our ‘home’ of OKW we do plan on doing Festival of the Arts tomorrow but as it stands right now this is how our credits are looking.

Pretty poor performance for us
*DLP Santa Fe 03-04-05-07**First WDW Trip Oct/Nov 2011**Sept/Oct 2014 RPR-AKV-POFQ**Christmas/NYE 2015/16 OKW BCV AKV* *Nov/Dec 2018 OKW - Daisy’s 1st Trip* *Feb 2020 POR/OKW* *Feb 2024 Dibb Villa ASM OKW AKL 3 weeks with just 3 of us*
rinroo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 20, 04:51 AM  
Link to this Post
rinroo
Very Serious Dibber

rinroo's Reviews
Following on from Day 10

Clearwater was amazing but we had so many snacks we didn’t actually eat there. We got back to the resort around 8pm(ish) so headed to French Quarter for tea. I much prefer this food court to Riverside, it always seems calmer.

The toddler had penne pasta with marinara sauce

The teen wanted southern fried chicken but didn’t want any of the sides, only chips. He also had a Mickey brownie.

The neice had a cheddar burger

Myself and hubby had Jambalaya, this was delicious although he complained it was a little dry.

The teen then had cookies and cream ice cream

We also got Benyets, rubbish photo though as they were so hot and fresh the steam was ruining the photo

Edited at 04:54 AM.
Old 19 Feb 20, 05:30 AM  
Link to this Post
rinroo
Very Serious Dibber

rinroo's Reviews
Day 11
We checked out of POR today and moved to OKW as it stood this morning we had 29QS and 31 SC remaining.

My neice turned 21 today so we had breakfast in the food court and she was given a Mickey cupcake with happy birthday and everyone sung to her (she was so embarrassed)

It was pretty standard breakfast

Bounty platter, large Mickey waffle with bacon and chocolate pancakes. We also had strawberry yoghurt parfait.

Cupcake

After checking out we popped over to Icon Park, and went on the wheel. We wandered round for a bit and the birthday girl wanted Mac D’s of all things for lunch.

We all had Big Macs and milkshakes. The toddler had a happy meal and it was the first time I noted how tiny the fries box were

This evening we hopped over to Epcot to watch Epcot Forever which is brilliant. We met a lovely family who were from the UK but live in Canada we used our QS credit to buy them their food from Germany.

We visited a few good booths

We visited Cuisine Classique for Beef short Rib and a frozen Rosè

Next was Artists table

Beef wellington

Seared scallop

The on to France for a frozen Martini -so good and some macaroons to have later/tomorrow

We did also have ice cream, deconstructed Rueben and cake whilst watching the fireworks.

Still having 8 QS credits left the teen wanted pizza from the QS in Italy so we got the family behind us their meal which left 3 QS

Once back at the resort I sent hubby to the store to gets water for tomorrow he cane back proudly sporting two bags full of water and sweets of every kind. Apparently the cast member in the resort store told him he had to use the credits up and was helping him select all kinds of stuff (crap) to use credits. Daft really as don’t know how the hell its getting home!

But there we are!

We’ve struggled with QS when we were so used to DDP. In one respect I’ve thoroughly enjoyed not being ruled by dining reservations and love the freedom and spur of the moment QS allows but the variety and quality of food lacks desire to want to be limited to it again.

We’re paying OOP as from tomorrow so we’ll mostly be eating offsite. Rather looking forward to it!
Old 19 Feb 20, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Just found your report looks lie you have had a great time so far. Those credits certainly seem to stick around for a while. I definitely enjoy the flexibility of QS. Its a shame you didn't find enough variety for your family though.
Sorry your little one was poorly though love the Hot dog pic after she had recovered. x
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 20, 11:46 PM  
Link to this Post
rinroo
Very Serious Dibber

rinroo's Reviews
Originally Posted by 3disneykids View Post
Just found your report looks lie you have had a great time so far. Those credits certainly seem to stick around for a while. I definitely enjoy the flexibility of QS. Its a shame you didn't find enough variety for your family though.
Sorry your little one was poorly though love the Hot dog pic after she had recovered. x
Thank you!

I think the problem was lack of planning on my behalf, I kind of thought I knew where all the QS places were and whilst we had variety of sorts we were so laid back with our plans that little thought went it to where we ate.
Old 19 Feb 20, 11:49 PM  
Link to this Post
rinroo
Very Serious Dibber

rinroo's Reviews
Day 12

We had breakfast in the room (cereal)

We spent from morning until around 2:30pm at the millers road small pool. I love OKW, I instantly relax when we we’re here. It’s so warm today 30 degrees. Hubby went for a walk to the turtle pond snack shack and grabbed pizzas and sandwiches for lunch (sorry for half eaten pizza the toddler was ravenous)

The neice also has pizza they were $7.99 each

Me and the hubby each had a tuna sandwich, there was so much tuna crammed in to this it was gorgeous. Well worth the $7.99

The teen had chicken strips but he went to goods to go as was on the basket ball court. They were $9.99 (no pic)

We’ve just been to Millers on I-Drive for tea before we head over to Hollywood studios for our smugglers run fasspass

The teen had a Filet Mignon $20.99 he cleared his plate and said it was delicious

The neice had a chicken & steak combo fajita with a side of fries complained the steak was overcooked and left most of it. She’s so fussy though.

I had a blackened chicken Asian salad, the salad was lovely but the chicken was so dry

Hubby had a cheeseburger - ate the lot so I assumed it was good

We got a zinger mountain melt just to share - this was good as always

The toddler had spaghetti & meatballs - this was huge

The teen then had a huge chocolate brownie sundae and the toddlers meal can with a vanilla ice cream cup

With a Stella, gin & tonic, bottle of water and 3 x fountain drinks the bill came to $109.65 we left $130 to include a tip.

Edited at 12:03 AM.
Old 20 Feb 20, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
rinroo
Very Serious Dibber

rinroo's Reviews
Day 13

We had Pan au Chocolate for breakfast which we picked up from Target last night. Whilst at Target we bumped in to Tom & Sophie, what a lovely couple they are.

We changed plans slightly today so we could pop over to Epcot to try the new Regal Eagle Smoke house.

The toddler had a BBQ Chicken drumstick, this should have gone with watermelon but she wanted fries $7.99

The Teen wanted a BBQ burger, he said this was ‘fit’ $13.49

Myself, hubby and the neice had the sliced Texas Beef Brisket Sandwich. The bread was lightly toasted Garlic Bread. It was delicious and was $12.49 each

We also got a Shiner Ruby Redbird Grapefruit Lager this was lovely, so refreshing!

So pics from where we sat

The Bar

We all really enjoyed our food and at 1pm on the second day of opening, there was plenty of outdoor seating (mostly covered with parasols)

Edited at 08:11 PM.
Old 20 Feb 20, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
rinroo
Very Serious Dibber

rinroo's Reviews
Just bobbed over to Beaches & Cream for Ice cream

The hubby and teen had milkshakes (no photo)

I had a rainbow sherbet I’ve cream sandwich (toddler had stolen a cookie before i had chance to take a pic

Neice had a mint choc chip double scoop waffle cone, this melted way faster than she could eat it

The toddler had a strawberry & vanilla waffle cone

Old 21 Feb 20, 02:37 AM  
Link to this Post
rinroo
Very Serious Dibber

rinroo's Reviews
Dinner tonight was at outback steakhouse

We had a blooming onion and volcano shrimp to start

We were also brought bread. I love this bread

I had kings land pasta this was nice, the pasta sauce had a lovely kick to it even though it was only Alfredo sauce.

The hubby had an outback tendercut with fries and said it was as good as always

The neice had a 9oz sirloin and coconut shrimp, the steak was too overdone for her and the shrimp was too much (too chunky) no pleasing her haha

The teen had 10oz ribeye with fries and cleared his whole plate so I guess he enjoyed it!

The toddler has a grilled cheese sandwich and didn’t touch a scrap

I had a strawberry peach sangria and the hubby had a Sam Adams Seasonal, both delicious.

With 2 soft drinks and a water the bill came to $139.67 we left $165 in total as our server was lovely.