Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 29 Feb 20, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
familybell
Apprentice Imagineer

We’re going to Toronto!

Ok, so just booked flights to Toronto, myself and DH, going for 9 nights in Sept.
Thinking of 5 nights in Toronto, likely an Airbnb, planning a blue jays game, CN Tower, distillery district, Toronto Island, a day trip to Canada’s Wonderland and also another to the shopping outlets, then moving onto Niagra Falls area, not sure of hotel, can’t decide to go for cheap and cheerful or spend more on a falls view hotel, looking at the adventure pass and also a trip to Niagra on the lake whilst there.
We’re not hiring a car so will be using public transport to get around
Any tips or suggestions, it’s only flights that are confirmed at the minute.
Thanks
familybell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Feb 20, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
TigerMom
Apprentice Imagineer

You will love it. In the city itself you can walk to everything you want to. Try Cora's for breakfast and Fox on John for dinner.
TigerMom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Feb 20, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
We're going for 6 nights in October, also not planning on hiring a car. We're thinking of 4 nights in Toronto and 2 in Niagara.

Hope you have a fab trip.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Feb 20, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

if you are staying in Niagara I would definately recommend staying in a hotel which has a falls view room, the cheap and cheerful rooms up in the town ( which is based around Clifton Hill ) are ok but you cant beat waking up to a view of the falls we have stayed at the Embassy Suites a few times the high floor double falls rooms are amazing.
Don't bother with a whirlpool room my 6'2 skinny DH could'nt get in it!

Many people go to Niagara to gamble so you will see all levels of hotels and eating establishments , you may hear people say the main area behind the falls is "tacky' to me its just fun, bright and a bit garish you have to have a look though, the falls are awesome and the noise of them is immense.

Niagara on the lake is beautiful and well worth spending a few hours there.

Toronto is a great walkable city and I have been 4 times, be aware they do have a homeless issue and you may get asked for money, just say no and walk on .
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Feb 20, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Hudson
Imagineer

We were at Niagara last August and stayed at the Oakes Hotel Overlooking the Falls. We booked a falls view room via hotels.com and had a great view of the falls and fireworks.
We did New York, Boston, Cape Cod with a weeks cruise to Bermuda and our two boys loved the time we spent at the falls most, especially getting absolutely soaked going down to the bottom of the falls and Maid of the Mist.
A few pics from the hotel room below.
Hudson is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Feb 20, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
My sons getting married in Toronto in sept so see you there xx
Old 1 Mar 20, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
kiwiinabd
Very Serious Dibber

We did 2 nights at Niagara falls a few years back.

Falls view room at Embassy Suites was very good and included an excellent buffet breakfast, you can get a Funicular down to the falls area. We had the tickets that included the buses which was good when we were tired of walking.

Got absolutely soaked on the Maid of the Mist which was great !

We also did a Helicopter ride over the falls which was excellent.
kiwiinabd is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 20, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

Marriot Fallsview hotel - cannot recommend highly enough. Incredible view of the falls, and a private bridge linking to the funicular railway that takes you down to the visitor centre.
Old 3 Mar 20, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
familybell
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks everyone, really looking forward to it
Any tips for must see/visit attractions
Also, I’m assuming tipping is the same as USA, any idea?
familybell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 20, 03:20 AM  
Link to this Post
tracy99
Imagineer

We stayed at the Marriott on the falls.
The view from the room was spectacular.Loved the changing colours of the falls at night.
You got ticket when you checked in,which covered you for the bus that goes around the whole area,which is handy and we did make use of it to get around.
We got the megabus from Toronto to Niagara Falls.
I know a lot of people on here wouldn’t use them,but it was cheap,on time,easy to use with different departure times to suit,so I personally would definitely use them again.
We loved Niagara Falls and would love to return in warmer weather,as we visited in November.
Can still hear the thunderous noise of the falls.
Fantastic!
Tracy x

Tipping definitely the same as US.

Edited at 04:11 AM.
tracy99 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List