Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 3 Mar 20, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
stuiedo
Proud to wear my Ears

How to get on Star Wars rides?

Hi,

I'm a little confused about the new Star Wars rides. We go in April over Easter, but how do I get on them? I have seen discussions about boarding groups etc. Can I not just queue up like normal? I expect I have no chance of getting a fast pass for it, so will have to queue. Hoping by going in the evening the queue wont be as long.

Thanks!
stuiedo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 20, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Ayefour
Dancing with Tink'

Hi

Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run is now available on fastpass so would be available 30 or 60 days in advance depending if you are staying on site or not but you can wait in the standby line. Rise of the Resistance is different. Once you are in the park you go onto the MDE app and join a boarding group. Once you are allocated a boarding group (if you are lucky enough) the app will give a push notification on when to go to the ride and join the queue.

All boarding groups are normally filled within the first 10 minutes of park opening.

Hope this helps

Edited at 02:15 PM.
Ayefour is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 20, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ayefour View Post
All boarding groups are normally filled within the first 10 minutes of park opening.
More like 1 minute after park opening, I'm afraid...
YLL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 20, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Dogmad
Earning More Ears

Do we think Rise of the Resistance will be a fastpass by October?
Dogmad is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 20, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Lily8
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by YLL View Post
More like 1 minute after park opening, I'm afraid...
I've been tracking the boarding groups distribution and on many days they are indeed gone within a minute. As it happens, as of a minute or so ago, today there still back up group available (which or may not be called today).
Lily8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 20, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Aimee_K
Getting Excited

Can someone explain to me what a boarding group is and why you would have to do this to get on the ride?
Aimee_K is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 20, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Tsoski
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Aimee_K View Post
Can someone explain to me what a boarding group is and why you would have to do this to get on the ride?
Boarding groups are Disney's way of crowd management for Rise of the Resistance.

In order to stop thousands of people all quing at once and all day, instead you can only que to ride RoR if your boarding group has been called.

You can join a boarding group once you are scanned into Hollywood Studios, and the park has officially opened through the my Disney Experience app.

If you don't get in a boarding group then you won't be able to que to ride RoR at all. If you do get in a boarding group you still have to wait fro your groups number to be called before you can que, so no guarantee yours will be called.
Tsoski is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 20, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

This article explains it all: undercovertourist/bl...-disney-world/
YLL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 20, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Aimee_K
Getting Excited

Thanks everyone!
Aimee_K is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 20, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
How do you get on the two rides in Galaxy's Edge? Well, at the moment...

Millennium Falcon: Smuggler's Run - Book a fastpass or use the standby queue (like most other rides at WDW).

Rise of the Resistance - Only by getting a boarding pass via the app at park opening on the day. There is no standby queue nor a fastpass queue.

A "boarding pass" is just a fancy name for getting a slot in a virtual queue. The virtual queue fills up very fast and once it gets too long then virtual queue slots are no longer provided. If you don't get a slot (=boarding pass) then you can't ride Rise of the Resistance that day and you have to try again another day.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List