Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 7 Mar 20, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
sbchannel
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by jlbf06 View Post
Same here. Ours is May 11th and we are almost to the point where we go up from losing deposit only to 50% of the full cost if we cancel. If it were down to me alone I think I’d take losing my deposit and walk away but DH isn’t as sure.

I’m not keen on moving the cruise because we already have an October parks trip booked and ds has important school time coming up. The only real window would be July 2021 and that feels a bit forced upon us. I feel panicked about risking it but DH says there’s a high probability that they’ll have to cancel at some point.

I know it’s a first world problem but I just don’t know what to do!
I believe you have to take your cruise within 12 months of your original sail date if you cancel now for the credit, so if your cruise in May 2020 you wouldn’t be able to take your money to a cruise in July 2021

We are paid in full, got up at 5am last Sunday to book our activities and although we have a long Orlando stay before the cruise to look forward to, this was my first cruise and what I thought would be the highlight.

I’m worried about having a cold or something and being turned away on the date on embarking and losing everything and then having 3 nights before we fly home (which could have happened anyway, I just never thought about it before) trying to find a hotel etc and if we chose to cancel and get the money into credit for another cruise, while we were thinking we might go back next April, that isn’t guaranteed, so when we would use it I’m not sure.

I think this is why I am in the mind of, if they cancel it, it would be a shame, but we would get everything back so holding out may be better.

It’s hard to know what the right thing to do is! I just wish there was a bit more certainty - I can’t decide if it’s all media hype or actually more serious.

My husband is 49 with asthma and a heart condition, he’s more high risk than me also, there’s that to also consider.

I’m at a 3 day country music festival in Glasgow next weekend and one of the acts coming from America has pulled out stating Corona Virus, so maybe I’m not taking it seriously enough?! Who knows!
sbchannel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 20, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
jlbf06
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by sbchannel View Post
I believe you have to take your cruise within 12 months of your original sail date if you cancel now for the credit, so if your cruise in May 2020 you wouldn’t be able to take your money to a cruise in July 2021

We are paid in full, got up at 5am last Sunday to book our activities and although we have a long Orlando stay before the cruise to look forward to, this was my first cruise and what I thought would be the highlight.

I’m worried about having a cold or something and being turned away on the date on embarking and losing everything and then having 3 nights before we fly home (which could have happened anyway, I just never thought about it before) trying to find a hotel etc and if we chose to cancel and get the money into credit for another cruise, while we were thinking we might go back next April, that isn’t guaranteed, so when we would use it I’m not sure.

I think this is why I am in the mind of, if they cancel it, it would be a shame, but we would get everything back so holding out may be better.

It’s hard to know what the right thing to do is! I just wish there was a bit more certainty - I can’t decide if it’s all media hype or actually more serious.

My husband is 49 with asthma and a heart condition, he’s more high risk than me also, there’s that to also consider.

I’m at a 3 day country music festival in Glasgow next weekend and one of the acts coming from America has pulled out stating Corona Virus, so maybe I’m not taking it seriously enough?! Who knows!
I keep wondering whether I’m overreacting, but I look at the statistics and logic just keeps telling me that the cruises are going to hit some big problems. Apparently Pence is meeting with the cruise companies so maybe they will decide for us!

As we are classed as travelling on a Med Cruise, we have a 15 month window rather than 12 to Re-book. Or at least we should according to what I’ve read on the boards.

I hope we get some clarity soon, my husband also suffers with asthma and son with a heart condition.
jlbf06 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 20, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by jlbf06 View Post
I keep wondering whether I’m overreacting, but I look at the statistics and logic just keeps telling me that the cruises are going to hit some big problems. Apparently Pence is meeting with the cruise companies so maybe they will decide for us!

As we are classed as travelling on a Med Cruise, we have a 15 month window rather than 12 to Re-book. Or at least we should according to what I’ve read on the boards.

I hope we get some clarity soon, my husband also suffers with asthma and son with a heart condition.

We're on the same cruise and my TA confirmed that we are classed as a med cruise and it is a 15 month window. We're still hoping to go but the problem we're up against is that DD's university (UL) is more than likely closing this week and we don't know what affect that might have on her exam schedule. Also DD is at Trinity and while they're not planning to close at the moment there could still be a knock on effect on his exams as well.

There was an announcement from Pence following his meeting with the cruise companies and there is no blanket ban on cruises yet, they're introducing "significant anti-virus measures" which could mean anything

I guess it's just a case of wait and see.

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 20, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
jlbf06
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by TinkTatoo View Post
We're on the same cruise and my TA confirmed that we are classed as a med cruise and it is a 15 month window. We're still hoping to go but the problem we're up against is that DD's university (UL) is more than likely closing this week and we don't know what affect that might have on her exam schedule. Also DD is at Trinity and while they're not planning to close at the moment there could still be a knock on effect on his exams as well.

There was an announcement from Pence following his meeting with the cruise companies and there is no blanket ban on cruises yet, they're introducing "significant anti-virus measures" which could mean anything

I guess it's just a case of wait and see.
There are so many variables to deal with! It’s driving me a bit loopy thinking about it but ultimately it’s all out of my hands.
At least my eldest DD who is at Uni declined to join us because it’s her final year, so we don’t have that to account for too.

Holidays shouldn’t be this complicated!
jlbf06 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 20, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

We're on the Dream for a three day cruise from the 22nd May which is sandwiched between two Disney resort stays. At the moment we are intending to stick to our original plan. We will carry on as normal but take extra precautions when out and about.