Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Mar 20, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
I will find out tomorrow if we can rebook Phoenix in and SFO out when the wife tries to take leave.

1. If she cannot, then I will be making my first contact with BA and demanding my money back, not a credit note as I don’t trust them not to ramp up prices as Virgin do after a disaster (think Volcano, thing TC no longer serving Manchester), but cold hard cash. I do not see that they can refuse.

2. If Mandie can have her leave, then I will also be making my first contact with BA. I am owed £1755 including seats placement from the flights that they cannot deliver. Those that I desire (Phoenix etc are £1900. If they will give me seat placement on the out leg, then I will offer them £145 cash and a rebooking to those flights. If they will not, then I will demand a refund and take my chances with getting them cheaper with American Airlines... or from them on the open market at a later date.. In a months time, they may well be cheaper.
I will be pointing out that rebooking my new vacation is proving considerably harder in August because things are much more expensive, being ‘peak season’ and that this new plan is a cost saving compromise... a lie.

Of course, that is if I can make direct contact with BA!
I know a mystic ball but what % do you reckon Aug flights will be going? (please say 100% give me hope)
Old 15 Mar 20, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Tweety1 View Post
I know a mystic ball but what % do you reckon Aug flights will be going? (please say 100% give me hope)
I am looking at China and also at the economic need to get things moving and save jobs.. millions of jobs.

I am very confident that I will get there, but will make sure that everything can be cancelled. In the event that the parks are still closed at Universal and Warner Studio tour, there are plenty of other more isolationist things that I can pursue in the Burbank/LA area.

I am an optimist, but also a realist. Things will have to be bought back on line and my revised plan is 5 months away. You can spend all your life dithering and waiting, particularly as you approach 60 and know that statistically, travel will get harder in coming years as the possibility of ill health and insurance rear their heads. Ideally, we would have looked at October, but I have a son who will be approaching his A levels. I would not take him out of School.

Live life!

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 09:53 PM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 20, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
anji
VIP Dibber

So sorry to read all of this CFB. Hope you can sort it all out and rebook for August. It's so frustrating and I feel for everyone who is in this position currently.

I was looking forward to reading your trip report. We are due to fly to Vancouver on 7 September for the start of a 3 week road trip which includes USA then back to Vancouver. Hopefully things will have settled down by then, but certainly not counting on it.

On the 'plus' side, we watched 3 episodes of the new War of the Worlds on Fox last night and concluded Coronavirus was the better option!

Index to all trip reports here https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...3#post15913083
Seattle to San Francisco
Road Trip Florida 2017
New England Road Trip 2019
Florida Road Trip 2022
Canada/Pacific NW Road Trip 2022
Cyprus Chill week May 2023
Road Trip California & Arizona 2023
anji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List