Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 19 Mar 20, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
What meals to make?

I am trying to think of things to cook if we can’t go out, my mind is drawing a blank! Plus it depends what I can get in the supermarket if anything at the moment, what are others planning on making. Maybe we can share some ideas!
Old 20 Mar 20, 01:06 AM  
Link to this Post
archibald
Imagineer

Do mean for a special occasion? Or just day to day meal preparation? What do you have in stock? What do you usually eat?
archibald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 20, 01:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Libby29
Imagineer

Pasta dishes, Shephards pie, ( mince in freezer)
Egg & chips 😂
Old 20 Mar 20, 02:18 AM  
Link to this Post
holidayforever
Serious Dibber

Bulk Cooking

Just cooking things in bulk so can build up a stock of meals in freezer I am lucky that I have a tall freezer in hallway and a American fridge/freeze in dining room .Cooked a big pot of Beef Stew in slow cook today we had a 1/3 with dumplings for dinner and put 2x 1/3 in freezer, going to do a large roast chicken use part of it for a roast dinner ,some of it to make chicken & mushroom pie for freezer and chop the rest up to freeze to go with a jar of curry sauce, make minted lamb shepherd's pie eat one half and freeze the other half , same with spaghetti bog eat half freeze half and that's the way I am going.
After seeing inside a Italy hospital put the fear of God in me don't want to step outside the house .

Edited at 02:20 AM.
holidayforever is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 20, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by archibald View Post
Do mean for a special occasion? Or just day to day meal preparation? What do you have in stock? What do you usually eat?
Just everyday meals, I have chicken and curry sauces, mince, rice, pizzas. Tinned soup, beans, I need some eggs but haven’t been able to get any. We really need to stock up if the shops have anything!
Old 20 Mar 20, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

We are ok at the moment as we usually shop weekly and I managed to do a normalish shop before everything got stripped. Yesterday we had potato bake with frikadella, today having fish cakes and broccoli. I have some bits like jars of pasta bake and sausage casserole to do if I run low on other stuff.
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 20, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Today we have some left over shrimps and mushrooms so I'm making a fried rice (brown) with some veggies. So far we haven't eaten much differently, we dont eat out much or have many takeaways etc so I normally cook a main meal every day anyway.

That's if the soy sauce comes I the Sainsburys delivery due now!
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 20, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Google "A Girl Called Jack" She has plenty of recipes and a whole book on tinned and packaged foods.
Old 20 Mar 20, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Labboy
VIP Dibber

One pot pillau, lasagne, curries, chicken tray bake, soups.
Labboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 20, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

This week I got 2 steak mince (pasta bolognaise and homemade burgers), chicken fillets (fajitas or curry), chicken thighs (will cook them, strip of the meat then make chicken fried rice) and chicken thigh fillets (salt and pepper chicken).
What I cook all depends on what I can get hold of in the supermarket when I go. We have used up all our pasta and are on our last bag or rice so if I can't get any more this week I will have to adapt what we are having. We eat pasta and rice a few times a week so its going to be hard.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List