Notices

View Poll Results: How much extra will you pay to go to Florida?
I won't pay any more 76 39.79%
I will pay up to 10% more 51 26.70%
I will pay up to 20% more 29 15.18%
I will pays up to 30% more 4 2.09%
I will pay up to 50% more 1 0.52%
I will pay any amount more if I can afford it 30 15.71%
Voters: 191. You may not vote on this poll

Old 30 Mar 20, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
Difficult to assign a figure, we'll keep going as long as it's financially viable for us (or we've had enough which I don't foresee long term), I guess as DVC owners we're more likely to stretch ourselves, but that also means that we have less to pay for as accommodation is paid for.
Thats where regular visitors (e.g. DVC owners) or villa owners will be impacted. I wonder what the tipping point will be in the longer term for those in these categories.

Edited at 10:53 AM.
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 20, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
The problem we all have is we have become very used to cheap airfares.
Cost per mile I think I am right in saying that flying is the cheapest form of transport.

Am I the oldest on here to fly to America regularly for holidays?

My first flight was to NY in 1976 and I paid over £360 for a return Econ ticket with BA. That was cheap as well as they had only just introduced ABC fares (Advance Booking Charter) so circa 10% of the plane was holiday makers not business people.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 20, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Leggibone
Imagineer

Mobile

To be honest I can’t really afford the cost of what I want to increase much, I wouldn’t pay much more, but I will have to get much less (might mean an off-site hotel for longer or something)
2014 - Rosen Inn International, Hard Rock Hotel, Yacht club and Bay Lake Tower! Mr Bears Grand Adventure, 2015- A sneaky to DLP- Sequoia Lodge, 2016- Another WDW trip... BLT, AKL, HRH and Rosen Inn - Mr Bear takes Boris to WDW, 2022 - Taking the small fry…. Coronado spring addition, 2024 - Riding solo?
Leggibone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 20, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
The problem we all have is we have become very used to cheap airfares.
Cost per mile I think I am right in saying that flying is the cheapest form of transport.

Am I the oldest on here to fly to America regularly for holidays?

My first flight was to NY in 1976 and I paid over £360 for a return Econ ticket with BA. That was cheap as well as they had only just introduced ABC fares (Advance Booking Charter) so circa 10% of the plane was holiday makers not business people.
Wow £360 seems like a lot of money for 1976. You would probably get club/buisness class for the equivalent amount of money now (or at least prior to the crisis),
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 20, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
Wow £360 seems like a lot of money for 1976. You would probably get club/buisness class for the equivalent amount of money now (or at least prior to the crisis),
I agree. My first trip to Florida was in 1992, we only paid £399 for flights, 2 weeks accommodation and a hire car.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 20, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Pino_Spetzberg
Imagineer

Mobile

My guess is flights will cost less due to oil price on the floor, low leasing rates for aircraft, and cancellation of APD.
Possibly tax subsidies for airlines as governments work hard to encourage us all to fly again.

Disney tickets and hotels will not be reduced because demand will be very strong.

Disney cruises could be reduced, which along with cheaper flights could see some great deals until things return to normal.
Pino_Spetzberg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 20, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
Already very expensive. After this crisis has gone I would expect prices to fall to encourage visitors.

I wouldn’t pay a penny extra in answer to your question
I got married in April 91 just after the Gulf war ended , we held off for a late deal to Florida as prices were low. As soon as it ended prices shot up as demand went crazy with people able to travel again (lots of returned forces as well as general confidence ) . I can see the same dynamic happening again so I wouldn’t expect prices to fall as lots of people will want to travel because they can again... and for Disney especially to give their kids a treat .
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 20, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

In 1980 I was working for Thomas Cook and we were selling packages to Sunny Isles (north Miami ) for £99 including hotel and a coach to Disney for a day trip.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 20, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

If we look back to the last US/UK recession in 2008/9 I can see Disney and Universal ticket prices went up very slightly. I remember villa prices halved - maybe a good time to buy if you have the cash available!
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 20, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
If we look back to the last US/UK recession in 2008/9 I can see Disney and Universal ticket prices went up very slightly. I remember villa prices halved - maybe a good time to buy if you have the cash available!
It may be advantageous to buy now (I wouldnt know) but the long term prognosis isnt certain atm is it? If you bought a villa and intended to use it for rental - would you be confident right now? I wouldnt be.
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List