Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 30 Mar 20, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
pinklady1124
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

WDTC now updated in line with Disneyland Paris direct just in case anyone needs to know. Still in two minds about wether to bite the bullet and postpone until later in the year and incur the extra expense with flights (to London from N. Ireland) and Eurostar, or just hope that my June the 8th trip will somehow happen!
Old 31 Mar 20, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
CreakingStool
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 3
Mobile

I might call and see how the voucher works. I booked on the french site but wanted to take advantage of an offer on the uk site currently for Jan. If I can't do that then I'll have to wait for French site offers for same period.

A long awaited Disney Fix. DLP June 2023, me and my girl

CreakingStool is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 20, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
theriler
Getting Excited

Is the policy of only offering vouchers even legal? If the resort is closed on the date we booked then surely even the most basic of consumer rights is for a full refund?

We are due to travel in July in two bookings, one has some elderly travels. The likelihood that the resort will even be open at this time, let alone safe for them to travel is pretty slim. Surely im within my rights to receive a full refund if they wont even be open? Were unlikely to want to travel there after this, as the trip was purposely planned as a birthday trip within the family. Any advice?
theriler is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 20, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
kenville
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by theriler View Post
Is the policy of only offering vouchers even legal? If the resort is closed on the date we booked then surely even the most basic of consumer rights is for a full refund?
Yes that should be the case. Same should also apply to their original offer whereby you could cancel before April 15th for a full refund. They can’t communicate one thing and the change the goalposts. Their new offer should only apply after April 15th.

They are probably trying to hold on to as much money as possible but if they are pressed for a refund then I think they are obliged to offer this.
kenville is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 20, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Tigger mad
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

Originally Posted by theriler View Post

We are due to travel in July in two bookings, one has some elderly travels. The likelihood that the resort will even be open at this time, let alone safe for them to travel is pretty slim. Surely im within my rights to receive a full refund if they wont even be open? Were unlikely to want to travel there after this, as the trip was purposely planned as a birthday trip within the family. Any advice?
The WDTC site has now removed the part about offering vouchers if arriving after the 30th June cut off. Not sure what this means for us going in July? Yesterday they mentioned about an 18 month voucher, today no mention of anything July onwards 🤷
Tigger mad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 20, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
trfc2019
Earning More Ears

okay so this leaves us in a slightly odd situation

We were due to go mid June. Looking very unlikely now.

We had two bookings one for 5 of us and one for my father in law who was coming for a shorter period

We will likely rearrange to a new date within the 18 months- cannot do September due to schools- but he has expressed he is not sure if he will be able to

So my question is - if anyone happens to know

- Can I get a refund for his booking?
- If not can we use his voucher onto our booking and upgrade it?
- if we have any balance left over will they put it onto a DLP gift card so spent on site?

Don't want to lose any money but we were already at the Disneyland Hotel so isn't much more we can upgrade really
trfc2019 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 20, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Stubbs86 View Post
Who did you book with? We were with Walt Disney Travel Company, I replied to their email the day they sent it (with our departure date in the subject), they replied about 9 days later saying it had been processed and then it was a few more days before the refund hit my card.

If you also booked with them and got an auto receive email once you sent your details I would probably reply to that and chase it up, make sure your departure date is in the subject as that is how they are prioritising who to contact first.
We also booked with the Walt Disney Travel company. I think I'll try chasing them up again today as we should have been there this week but I haven't had any comms from them since the automated email and certainly no money back.

Thanks for the info.
Old 3 Apr 20, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
tink18
Serious Dibber

tink18's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I’ve booked with WDTC only paid my deposit, can I get that refunded?
tink18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 20, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
CreakingStool
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 3
Mobile

I contacted Disney Help on twitter asking how the voucher could be used, specifically between different country sites.

The reply I got was that they are still working on the terms and conditions so basically they don't know yet. They assured me I will be informed once its clarified.

Hope they can get this sorted and the details up on the sites soon.

A long awaited Disney Fix. DLP June 2023, me and my girl

CreakingStool is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 20, 07:51 AM  
Link to this Post
thesorcerer
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by tink18 View Post
I’ve booked with WDTC only paid my deposit, can I get that refunded?
Us too!

Sunridge Woods, Davenport. 2010
Disney Wilderness Lodge Christmas 2014
Vista Cay Apartments 2014
Sunridge Woods... again. 2017
Singapore 2019 (Universal, Whoop, Whoop)
Disneyland Hotel DLP (CANCELLED)
"Ooo-oooo! Big summer celebratory blowout" 2022
thesorcerer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List