Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Jul 17, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

Yep

They have at AT1 (number ends with a K) and the AT2 (number ends with M).

they are both great planes and you should have no concerns at all - unless...

You have booked premium and you get bumped to one of these planes - and if you are on AT2 M and don't have your only device to use for IFE.

The craziest thing about the AT2 M is that - you need to use your own device - but they have no usb power at the seats - so on the craft where power would be very useful - you don't have it!

But being dibbers you will be well prepared with advice on power pack and having your devices charged fully.

but there is nothing unpleasant about these planes. or its as unpleasant as any other tin box at 40k feet flying at 500mph for 8.5 hours.

Yeah if IFE even on their own planes is pretty poor and they charge for drinks - but I have found them consistently cheaper than VA and BA so really its a no brainer.

2024 Early Booker Discounts Calculator Spreadsheet here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...php?p=15848077
papamouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 17, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisaloves
Earning More Ears

Mobile

I'm flying stanstead to Mco with Thomas cook any ideas what plane that is?
Lisaloves is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 17, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
sijen
Very Serious Dibber

sijen's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Originally Posted by Lisaloves View Post
I'm flying stanstead to Mco with Thomas cook any ideas what plane that is?
Hi Lisa

Me too - hate to tell you but from Manchester they are the ones without IFE... I'm worrying about battery life I have to say... Going to buy power banks for us all but we don't have a tablet each to take - I'm disappointed I have to say...

Jen x
Old 23 Jul 17, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Jacko5
Getting Excited

Hi. We go on Wednesday from manchester and I believe we have the non seat back plane. Can anyone tell me exactly how you stream their entertainment onto your device? Is it wifi or so I need some sort of cable? And do they provide headphones?

Thanks

Sunset Lakes 2006, Sheraton LBV 2011, Emerald Island 2014, Sunset Lakes 2017, Emerald Island 2019
Jacko5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 17, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
baboons
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Air Tanker 2 just flies from MAN - rotates between JFK, BOS, MCO, MIA.
baboons is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 17, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
mumof2
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by TEL N KEL View Post
If you have booked then you should know if you are on airtanker or not.

If you are flying out on the 28 August there is a flight out from Manchester Not Airtanker
Thomas Cook Airlines MT2604
leaves at 11 am
I

If it is Tuesday 29 August then there are 2 flights from Manchester
One is Airtanker

Going from your countdown is this your flight?
Thomas Cook Airlines MT2604 Not Airtanker
Leaves at 10.15am

Thomas Cook Airlines MT2752 operated by Air Tanker
Leaves at 11.55am
Hi Tel, Have just checked my flights and we are on flight no MT2974 out of Gatwick on 30th August at 10:55am to MCO then MT2975 return to Gatwick... How are you able to find out this information?
Sorry to sound a little stupid but not a clue! Thanks
Old 23 Jul 17, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
mumof2
Apprentice Imagineer

!

Thanks to everyone that has replied here, really appreciate your help, was just making sure as D/D is special needs and a little nervous on a plane it's the IFE that keeps her distracted.
Old 23 Jul 17, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 99plums View Post
If you do a dummy search for your dates on the TC airlines website, it will show you if you are on the Airtanker or not. If you select an Airtanker flight, and it's the streaming IFE one, you now get a 'pop up' window telling you before you book.
Originally Posted by sijen View Post
Hi Lisa

Me too - hate to tell you but from Manchester they are the ones without IFE... I'm worrying about battery life I have to say... Going to buy power banks for us all but we don't have a tablet each to take - I'm disappointed I have to say...

Jen x

Hi
Months ago we booked to fly from Glasgow for next October, and last week we got an email saying our plane has changed to Airtanker, but with no specific information.

I just did a dummy booking as suggested above and a pop up appears telling us about a different IFE system, so I'm wondering if the Airtanker without personal IFE screens is now going from Glasgow, well, next October anyway?
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 17, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Jacko5 View Post
Hi. We go on Wednesday from manchester and I believe we have the non seat back plane. Can anyone tell me exactly how you stream their entertainment onto your device? Is it wifi or so I need some sort of cable? And do they provide headphones?

Thanks
I think they recon if you have your own device you will have your own headphones.

I believe the app is called "Thomas cook entertainment" but there is also one called "cloud10" you are as well to have both installed.

we were on this plane on 11th July and that ife wasn't working at all!

2024 Early Booker Discounts Calculator Spreadsheet here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...php?p=15848077
papamouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 17, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
andysonia
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Why dreaded? I flew on it in April and was aprox 20yrs newer than any of VA aircraft use to fly to mco. Was great upgraded IFE for more movie selection. Air tanker pilots and TC crew