Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 25 Jul 19, 07:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Jacko5
Getting Excited

To good to be true? Should l worry?

Looking for advise on wether you think lve got a fab deal or if l need to ring and check.

Looking at my Thomas Cook manage my booking page l noticed our prebooked return seats had changed. I’d paid for a 2 and a 2 by the window and the aisle seat across from them but they had moved to 5 in a row. There was nothing else more suitable to change them to so l rang up. The agent confirmed there was nothing else and advised me to fill out the complaint form.

I asked if there was anything left in premium and how much it would be. He came back and said it would be £10 pp to upgrade so £50 and l would get a refund for the £116 l had already paid for the seats l was cancelling! Obviously l snapped his hand off. Sure enough my new confirmation came through which said premium and gave the row 5 seat numbers.

I had noticed while l was on hold and looking at the current flight prices for my flight that it said there wasn’t any premium seats available so lm not sure where these 5 have come from.

Should l just relax and accept lve got a bargain or would anyone else be a bit concerned ?

Thanks all.

Sunset Lakes 2006, Sheraton LBV 2011, Emerald Island 2014, Sunset Lakes 2017, Emerald Island 2019
Jacko5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 19, 08:11 AM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

That’s a tricky one! Hopefully you’ve got a bargain... if it isn’t too much hassle I would maybe double check that all is ok! Sounds like a great deal though 😁
tink111 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 19, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Jacko5
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by tink111 View Post
That’s a tricky one! Hopefully you’ve got a bargain... if it isn’t too much hassle I would maybe double check that all is ok! Sounds like a great deal though 😁
Thanks, I’m scared to ring and check in case they say it’s a mistake and try and charge me more!

Sunset Lakes 2006, Sheraton LBV 2011, Emerald Island 2014, Sunset Lakes 2017, Emerald Island 2019
Jacko5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 19, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Conno
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Jacko5 View Post
Thanks, I’m scared to ring and check in case they say it’s a mistake and try and charge me more!
Fairly certain they can't do that if they've already charged you - and sent you a new confirmation. If it is a mistake - it could mean you're in for a nasty surprise when you checkin. I would rather find out now.
Conno is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 19, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I would keep quiet and just rock up to check in. If they downgrade you to Econ they will have to refund you 75% of the cost of a PE ticket.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 19, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post

I would just leave it, you don’t need to know premium availability came from, could be any kind of operational reason. If you can see your seats, relax and stop worrying.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 19, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
oeamon
Apprentice Imagineer

just double check all the dates and times flight numbers on your conformation and they are all as you expect then I agree with others , I would just leave it.
oeamon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 19, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
itsmeGAV
Apprentice Imagineer

If you have it all in a brand new booking confirmation with your new PE Seat numbers/allocations then don't stress!
Jan 24 - Family timeshare, Vacation Villages at Parkway
Mar 25 - Family timeshare, Holiday Inn Club Vacations @ Orange Lake
itsmeGAV is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List