Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 8 Aug 19, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Susethomasx
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by snail999 View Post
You already have a perk by booking 30 days in advance more than anyone else. So your attitude is I'm all right Jack, sod everyone else?
If I was the only person booking at those extra 30 days than ‘anyone else’ you might have a point, but there’s hundreds, if not thousands of others staying onsite at the same time looking also at the same rides and times as me so nothing’s guaranteed. Other than the fact that we will also likely need to queue also at times.

And as for ‘I’m alright Jack and sod everyone else’, in the least offensive way possible, yes. We are in the incredibly fortunate position right now that we can save up a bit every month (for a couple of years) to enable us to stay onsite as that’s our choice, but nothing’s forever and we’re acutely aware the next trip may be our last holiday for a long time while we can do this for my family; I’m genuinely not thinking about yours as I book my Fastpasses.

Peeing on other’s parades isn’t going to help.
Susethomasx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 19, 11:36 PM  
Link to this Post
RM2016
Imagineer

RM2016's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

We are a a family of 8 and visited last month and have done either in Summer or at Easter since 2013. Stayed offsite all bar one visit and have always managed to get the fast passes that we would like. This year 3 or 4 days in advance we got Slinky and TofT and the same at MK a few days beforehand. It very quick to check each day and refresh your page a couple of times.
RM2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 19, 11:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Conno
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by snail999 View Post
You all seem to misunderstand my point, I'm not complaining that Disney guests get an extra 30 days its the fact that no fast passes are held back for others to have.
You sound super entitled.
Conno is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Eggnboby
Excited about Disney

For me the 60 day thing isn't even that much of a perk. We've booked a last minute trip and are going in less than 30 days. For our second week we're considering staying on site even though the fastpass perk isn't there. With a little effort you can get on everything you want to.
Eggnboby is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

not sure how some can be 'held back' at 30 days as your 30 days is someone elses 60 days.. you buy a ticket for entry up until xxx. disney dosnt know what day you will first visit?

fwiw only ever stayed onsite for 2 days @12 years ago so well before online FP

always missed out get there early & rope drop / Q or dont bother

these are your two options

notwithstanding today is 36 days to your trip so not sure what your OP is?

Edited at 09:29 AM.
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer2802
Imagineer

Imagineer2802's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 27

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 74
How is it not fair? Most companies would offer perks to those loyal to them. Onsite guests should get priority. Imagine forking out for a Disney Deluxe Resort and being told ‘sorry, our allocation of Fastpasses has gone. We are saving them for non Disney guests” That makes absolutely no sense.
Bottom line is if you want the Disney perks, stay at a Disney Resort.

2019 - August - Europe on the Magic! 17th Trip!

**~ °o° ~°o° ~ °o°~°o° ~°o° ~ °o°~**

Edited at 09:53 AM.
Imagineer2802 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post

No I cannot fathom out what "holding FP back" means either. What day should they be released? How would they stop somebody onsite 60 days away from booking these newly released FPs? To do that some FP would actually have to be blocked for onsite guests. I have never yet come across a hotel that treats their guests less favourably than non hotel guests.

The argument that it is unfair for somebody that has paid more to get more is ludicrous and does not work for any other goods or services. I personally wouldn't even call 60 day FP booking a perk, it is something that I knowingly paid a premium for built into my hotel cost and I am getting what I paid for.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Imagineer2802 View Post
How is it not fair? Most companies would offer perks to those loyal to them. Onsite guests should get priority. Imagine forking out for a Disney Deluxe Resort and being told ‘sorry, our allocation of Fastpasses has gone. We are saving them for non Disney guests” That makes absolutely no sense.
Bottom line is if you want the Disney perks, stay at a Disney Resort. At least Disney offer them for free...
for a premium not free surely ?

same as universal
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer2802
Imagineer

Imagineer2802's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 27

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 74
Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
for a premium not free surely ?

same as universal
Fair point!

2019 - August - Europe on the Magic! 17th Trip!

**~ °o° ~°o° ~ °o°~°o° ~°o° ~ °o°~**
Imagineer2802 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
JudgeJ26
Imagineer

Mobile

Doesn't bother me in the slightest that onsite guests get the perks as I know they have paid for them. We just go with the flow and just enjoy being there. There are some people that never get the opportunity to visit Disney.
JudgeJ26 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread