Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 9 Aug 19, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
ashilda
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

4 people, 2 weeks, 1 room! Offsite trip report, arrival day.

Wow it's been busy. And hot. And wet!
Its 8am and we should be on our way to universal but everyone is sleeping and kids were exhausted yesterday so I'm going with the flow and letting them sleep in. We will go to IHOP when they wake up then universal this afternoon. I must say I am liking the relaxed vibe this time, last time we came (2015) we did everything Disney, I booked rides and meals and it was great but kind of regimented to get it all done. We had a relax in the hotel pool yesterday and it felt like we were on proper holiday if that makes sense!

So after our lovely meal at Miller & Carter Tuesday night we went back to the hotel (premier inn East) and tried to sleep, kids were a bit hyper and Cecil was getting fed up so I got dd to have a shower knowing it takes her an hour, once kids were seperated it calmed down and we slept pretty well. I didn't realise but we had a free grab n go breakfast which was a nice surprise, I was expecting it to be rubbish as they said it's very small just a bacon roll and drinks. I thought it would tide us over until the airport, but it was actually good and we didn't need breakfast at gatwick.

There were a couple of workmen that filled 4 bags of food and wiped everything out while we waited for them politely, they left and we then made drinks etc while another workman reached over us to grab things, I'm not a fan of people tbh! Anyway there was a Costa coffee machine and bacon/sausage/scrambled egg & mushroom rolls and pastries on hot section. Porridge pots were lined up by costa machine, for grab & go it was good.

I had 2 pastries, porridge with syrup and a latte. I do have a sweet tooth!

At the airport we bought 3 boots meal deals as none of liked the afternoon tea sandwich. I had a strawberry lime cooler from Starbucks which wasnt nice, it was chemically and I drank a bit then binned it, dd was happy with her usual peach iced tea, she loves Starbucks even though shes obvs not had coffee!

On the flight we had the usual pretzels and I had a gin and lemonade even though it was 11am! Everyone else had full fat coke, I told the kids they could eat and drink what they want for 2 weeks so they will pick sugary drinks all the time as they are banned at home!

The menu was the one I thought it was and hadn't changed after all so I got my pesto pasta and it was pretty nice, dd had kids meal and ate the tomato pasta and mini cheddars but doesn't like fruit strings. Ds had adult meal of chicken & mash and predictably didn't touch anything so he ate my boots cheese & ham sandwich that I bought for him really anyway and some pringle's. Cecil had the chilli and ds meal. I bought babybels in airport for my meal deal and we had them on our crackers rather than the garlic soft cheese. I had a blue innocent juice drink to feel healthy.

Cecil actually ate the afternoon tea roll which was a surprise as he hates garlic and pesto, he didn't want mine though. We all shared plain ham and plain cheese boots sandwiches, pringle's and strawberry jaffa cakes which I didn't picture. I ate mine and dd scone and had an amarula. We also had a solero which was meh, bring back fab virgin!

In my first post I told you about the rain and lightening when we arrived in Florida so I'll get straight to the food! We found and hotel and its nicer than I thought, room is basic but i asked for kids suite so that have bunk beds and a third bed in a partition so feels like a bedroom and much better than us all in 2 queen beds in 1 room! Ds keeps popping his head above wall when on top bunk and scaring me though! I'm very jumpy!
They left us a gift which was nice, theres about 15 flavours of taffy in the box!

We were all exhausted but hungry so we went to the nearest restaurant which was denny's. We ate at denny's first the last time we came. The service was super slow, not what you want after hours of travel! I had the $9 special of steak, eggs and hash brown. It was really good, I just had water.

Dd had chicken tenders... please get used to this image it will be repeated!

Ds and Cecil both had burgers which were dripping with grease... eww. They had onion rings and Cecil got a side of bacon tater tots which dd ate. Dd and Cecil went full sugar coke once again and ds had lemonade, its v strong over here but hes always loved lemon things!

Well that's arrival day done, I will be back soon to post foods pics from yesterday, day 1 at islands of adventure!, I'm off to shake family awake to start day 2 😁
Thanks for reading!

Edited at 02:03 PM.
ashilda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

Great travel day - looking forward to reading along.

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018
JanetteP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

Following. Great start.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 19, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
great start, thanks for sharing. I've added it to the dining reports tracker with a link to the travel day, if you create an index later I can link to that instead
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 19, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
ashilda

Mobile

Originally Posted by theCMG View Post
great start, thanks for sharing. I've added it to the dining reports tracker with a link to the travel day, if you create an index later I can link to that instead
Thank you, I've no idea how to create an index but I'll have a look when I get home x
ashilda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 19, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
darbs
Imagineer

Mobile

Look forward to reading along!
darbs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 19, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

Great start be following with interest.
Old 13 Aug 19, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by ashilda View Post
Thank you, I've no idea how to create an index but I'll have a look when I get home x
Give me a shout if you have any trouble

Step 1 name some text e.g.

Day 1 Travel Report

Step 2 copy the address from the browser address bar (click once in address bar and ctrl-c will do it) e.g. for this thread it is

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/new...ply&p=14012697

Step 3 highlight your text and use the insert link button above (the planet and the paperclip looking thing)

Day 1 Travel Report

Make sense?
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it

Edited at 06:36 PM.
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 01:44 AM  
Link to this Post
ashilda

Mobile

Ah ok no probs, thanks, I'll do this when I get home if I don't get chance here x