Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 2 Sep 19, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
kennycapes
Very Serious Dibber

is there a thread called school holiday thread? i searched but couldn't find one. there is a lot of chatter on here which always results in pages of discussion about dates that are not accessible to people stuck with late july/aug/early sept dates. that is of course on the assumption that the July/Aug/Sept thread was designed for school holidays. apologies if not, just seemed strange to not have a Feb/Mar/April thread if that is the case.
August 2020 CANCELLED AKL, Aug 2023 - First time on site, lets try this again
kennycapes is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyYoda
Imagineer

Originally Posted by kennycapes View Post
is there a thread called school holiday thread? i searched but couldn't find one. there is a lot of chatter on here which always results in pages of discussion about dates that are not accessible to people stuck with late july/aug/early sept dates. that is of course on the assumption that the July/Aug/Sept thread was designed for school holidays. apologies if not, just seemed strange to not have a Feb/Mar/April thread if that is the case.
I'm school holidays too (End Jul-Aug) and agree it would be useful to have holiday specific thread (although holidays start earlier in July is some parts of UK). But this is where most people comment at the moment so I can live with it (better than loads of individual threads I suppose).

A lot of Aug flights have not yet been released so I suspect the 'holiday' period deals will come in next few weeks. There's already been some great early Aug deals posted.
DisneyYoda is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Crowdpleaser
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

And whilst I'm England let's not forget that the lovely Scots break up in June I believe or v early July. X
Crowdpleaser is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
kennycapes
Very Serious Dibber

ok good points peeps. Lets get back to posting deals.

happy planning.
August 2020 CANCELLED AKL, Aug 2023 - First time on site, lets try this again
kennycapes is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by angfea76 View Post
Can I please ask when you booked this years flights as that was a super deal 👍

Early Oct in their sale but there had been a lot of chat on the Glitch thread before we actually booked.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by aitchieaitchie View Post
Early Oct in their sale but there had been a lot of chat on the Glitch thread before we actually booked.
Didn't include luggage but we paid £45 per case each way at check in, only took 2 cases as we don't wear half the stuff we usually pack and Virgin/Delta had generous hand luggage (1x10kg and 1 small personal item) and even offered to put hand luggage in hold for free at gate both ways.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
ak1985
Chilling at Carribean Beach

After some thoughts on a price i've seen if possible please...

£3450 for 3a & 2c indirect flights to Miami (connecting in Madrid) & Group Z SUV for 19 nights.

Seems like a decent price for the current prices available but should i just take a breath and wait!?
ak1985 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyhm
VIP Dibber

Well after watching this thread and using Skyscanner for weeks we have booked! Took the plunge as I found a price I was happy with. It is probably by no means the cheapest but was ok for us.

We are 2 adults, 2 children but my daughter (14 next year) counts as an adult fare.

Sat 8th Aug - Tues 25th Aug 2020 (leaving Tuesday was £100 cheaper each than leaving Saturday so figured we will book into a cheap hotel on International Drive for a few nights and extend the fun)

Lufthansa indirect MAN - FRA - MCO £2645 includes 3 checked bags and booked seats on all flights. Going to have to avoid flight price threads now lol.
Disneyhm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Gabsnoot
Imagineer

We caved yesterday after being determined to hold out for a really good price. On one hand I’m relieved that they are booked and I can focus on other things but on the other hand I’ll be kicking myself if I see a cheaper price.

We’ve booked with Virgin for the first time
GLA> MCO on 2/7/20
returning MCO>BFS 26/7/20,
economy Delight both ways as it wasn’t much more expensive than Classic
3 Ad & 1 ch £2583

We usually pay about £500 per person direct in October with At Lingus from Dublin (with no APD) so thought this wasn’t a terrible price as it’s in the school holidays. It was about £250 more to return to Glasgow on Sat 25/7/20 but we live smack bang in the middle of both airports so it made sense to get the extra day for less money.

All we need to do now is avoid looking at flight prices for the next 11 months
Gabsnoot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
DrSteve
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Gabsnoot View Post
We caved yesterday after being determined to hold out for a really good price. On one hand I’m relieved that they are booked and I can focus on other things but on the other hand I’ll be kicking myself if I see a cheaper price.

We’ve booked with Virgin for the first time
GLA> MCO on 2/7/20
returning MCO>BFS 26/7/20,
economy Delight both ways as it wasn’t much more expensive than Classic
3 Ad & 1 ch £2583

We usually pay about £500 per person direct in October with At Lingus from Dublin (with no APD) so thought this wasn’t a terrible price as it’s in the school holidays. It was about £250 more to return to Glasgow on Sat 25/7/20 but we live smack bang in the middle of both airports so it made sense to get the extra day for less money.

All we need to do now is avoid looking at flight prices for the next 11 months
We booked yesterday as well. Going to be on the same flight coming home to Belfast. Like you I had planned to hold off for a great deal but just went ahead and booked. 2 adults, 1 young adult and 3 kids. Used some miles and a reward so ended up paying £2831 return. Probably not the best but averages out at about £472pp which I'm happy with.
DrSteve is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List