UK Holiday Planning & Days Out For UK Holiday planning and experiences

Old 4 Oct 20, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
AlexE
Imagineer

AlexE's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I think we have picked the worst week for Devon, right in the middle of nowhere - here we are on Sunday afternoon and it hasnt stopped raining since we left Ipswich on Friday lunchtime

Have a competition at the moment to be first to say 'the rain has stopped'. We have booked our tickets for the Eden Project tomorrow as there is inside and outside space.

We also want to wear our wellies at somepoint this week - I like a paddle

Weather warnings are still in place but hopefully we will be able to get out and about in the next few days.

We do love this part of the UK so know we will enjoy ourselves as there are so many little coves and harbours to visit.
Old 4 Oct 20, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridafan
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 53
Originally Posted by AlexE View Post
I think we have picked the worst week for Devon, right in the middle of nowhere - here we are on Sunday afternoon and it hasnt stopped raining since we left Ipswich on Friday lunchtime

Have a competition at the moment to be first to say 'the rain has stopped'. We have booked our tickets for the Eden Project tomorrow as there is inside and outside space.

We also want to wear our wellies at somepoint this week - I like a paddle

Weather warnings are still in place but hopefully we will be able to get out and about in the next few days.

We do love this part of the UK so know we will enjoy ourselves as there are so many little coves and harbours to visit.
Well I think it’s pretty much the same everywhere but that’s no comfort when you’re on your holidays. We were in Bridport this time last year and the weather was pretty much identical. I recall going to Lyme Regis and being unable to see because the rain was beating down and my glasses permanently misted up. It’s like nothing has changed because my mask has the same effect!
Floridafan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 20, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
mariechez
Imagineer

mariechez's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
Sorry about the poor weather today. If open, I would suggest the Maritime Museum and if lousy tomorrow, the Eden project.
Yes please sort the weather out lol. My back was a bit iffy today so we were only there a few hours and left just as the heavens opened.

ORLANDO 03,04,05x2,07,O8,09,10x2,11x2,12x2,13,14,15,16
LV x2,SAN FRAN & LA,CRUISING THE CARIBBEAN,BALTICS ,FJORDS,BAHAMAS,ITALY,
BARCELONA,FRANCE, PORTUGAL,BOSTON, NEW ENGLAND,BELGUIM,GUERNSEY. NEW YORKx3 & MIAMI
mariechez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 20, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Hollyhobbit
Excited about Disney

We are in Helford village, Cornwall . We arrived Friday evening and yes the weather is pretty dire. This afternoon we did brave the coastal path in our walking boots for a bit and although it was wet and windy we had a nice walk (although much shorter than usual) . The rest of the afternoon was spent sitting in front of the wood burner in our pj’s playing scrabble . The cottage is gorgeous and it is just good to finally be away. Booked Glendurgan Wednesday so hopefully it calms down a bit . First use of our NT pass this year.
Hollyhobbit is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List