Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 23 Dec 20, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
inky1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jan View Post
About six to eight slices of white bread made into breadcrumbs, four teaspoons dried parsley, one or two teaspoons dried thyme, a sprinkling of salt, about 2 ounces soft margarine all mixed together and stuffed into the turkey. It is a recipe given to me by my late MIL, who in turn got it from her mother.
Thanks for posting this it’s how my mum used to make it but she’d use fresh curly parsley (that was the only sort )
I notice M&S are selling something very similar as vegetarian stuffing for about £3
- but it’s not enough to stuff a-sparrow,let alone a Turkey !
inky1 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 20, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
kateh134
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jan View Post
About six to eight slices of white bread made into breadcrumbs, four teaspoons dried parsley, one or two teaspoons dried thyme, a sprinkling of salt, about 2 ounces soft margarine all mixed together and stuffed into the turkey. It is a recipe given to me by my late MIL, who in turn got it from her mother.
Mine is very similar, with butter instead of marg and also includes bacon. This is how my mum makes stuffing and neither us weigh anything; it’s all done by eye.
Old 23 Dec 20, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
ncmurray
Imagineer

Thank you everyone... some of those recipes sound lovely. Not so sure about the biscuits though!

I have never tried Paxo, but I will now. Not for Christmas, but next time I make a roast chicken.
Old 23 Dec 20, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Borderbairn
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Lilminx View Post
Paxo made up then sausage meat mixed into it. Quick and easy
Tried different recipes but this is the family favourite.

Southern Dunes 2006 & 2007 Highlands Reserve & Hard Rock Hotel May & Sep 2008 The Sanctuary West Haven 2009 Freedom of the Seas & Doubletree Resort 2010 Highlands Reserve May 2012 Windsor Hills 2014 New York 2016
Borderbairn is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 20, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
ROBBOTOO
Imagineer

Aunt bessies frozen stuffing balls for us this Christmas.

Just two for dinner. Couple of stuffing balls each, job done!

Anything else for us two would just go to waste. But to be fair they’re ok.
ROBBOTOO is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 20, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Paxo, (small box) made up as it says on the box, with 3 Richmond or Walls sausages(skinned) and mixed in and made into 8 balls before cooking. Yummmm
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 20, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Vikkicat
Apprentice Imagineer

go to M&S and buy the nicest looking one?
Vikkicat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 20, 12:02 AM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

Mobile

Our absolute favourite is pistachio and apricot stuffing. It works amazingly hot on the day and cold with the Boxing Day buffet. I always have to make double and we nibble through them easily every time e go to the fridge
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List