Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 26 Dec 20, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
uktigg
Very Serious Dibber

VS a330-200 UC

I'm due to be travelling to MCO on VS75, A330-200 in UC on 19 April. Just out of interest, I logged into my booking on Virgin Atlantic, and it showed a very strange seating plan
with "X2E" as the aircraft type, and us sitting in different seats to the ones we had reserved.

Our return flight is as it has always been
with A330-200 as the Aircraft type.

Does anyone think that this could this be a sign of impending cancellation?

Steve

Edited at 03:25 PM.
uktigg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 20, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Hi

Are those pics not the same seating plan just different graphics? Sorry if I'm being really daft and missing the point. Is the first one the seats you have now and the 2nd the seats you booked? Looks like they've just moved one of them? Not sure about the aircraft code though, our flights were March but we changed them as soon as we hard about March cancellations so didn't get that far. Hope you get it all sorted.
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 20, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
uktigg
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by toots82 View Post
Hi

Are those pics not the same seating plan just different graphics? Sorry if I'm being really daft and missing the point. Is the first one the seats you have now and the 2nd the seats you booked? Looks like they've just moved one of them? Not sure about the aircraft code though, our flights were March but we changed them as soon as we hard about March cancellations so didn't get that far. Hope you get it all sorted.
The 2 pics are of out outbound and return flights, not the same flight. We did have seats on the opposite side of the plane for out outbound flight, so they have completely changed.

Not very confident now. Flights were booked theough VH, so got to wait for them to get the a**e into gear.
Old 26 Dec 20, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by uktigg View Post
The 2 pics are of out outbound and return flights, not the same flight. We did have seats on the opposite side of the plane for out outbound flight, so they have completely changed.

Not very confident now. Flights were booked theough VH, so got to wait for them to get the a**e into gear.
Ah ok, to be honest, I found out about our flight being cancelled from my pal who was booked through VH so they may not be as slow as the first time. Its horrible isn't it. Hope if it is bad news that you get rebooked.
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 20, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
uktigg
Very Serious Dibber

Looking at changing to April 2022 now (Originally booked April 2020). The villa we had booked does seem to be available so that's something.
I just hope it's easier to sort than the last time.
Fly-Drive booked with VH and K class PE seats upgraded to H class PE which allows us to upgrade to UC using miles.
What a palarva it was getting refunds direct from VS - Got the last of them back last month (from April)!
Old 26 Dec 20, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by uktigg View Post
Looking at changing to April 2022 now (Originally booked April 2020). The villa we had booked does seem to be available so that's something.
I just hope it's easier to sort than the last time.
Fly-Drive booked with VH and K class PE seats upgraded to H class PE which allows us to upgrade to UC using miles.
What a palarva it was getting refunds direct from VS - Got the last of them back last month (from April)!
It can be complicated can't it, we originally booked with Netflights, got ticketed to upgrade with miles through Virgin, then needed to change and both were saying the other had to do, eventually Virgin took control of the booking but nothing since has been much easier at its an IT ticket so they cant tell how much we paid.

This last change we've ended up getting the PE upgrade miles and taxes refunded, bought PE upgrades and upgraded outbound to Upper using miles as the upgrade incentive vouchers they gave us hadn't appeared yet (they have now), now hoping for upgrades from PE to Upper for the return flight. The up side is we've ended up paying £574pp for PE returns as they couldn't see how much we originally paid (£300pp) so if we end up getting to go it'll have been a bargain but it's tested my patience, if I hear the Virgin hold music for another hour of my life, I swear I'll crack up!
Old 26 Dec 20, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

I've got flights booked Apr 20th on the 75 and our plane type shows x2e but everything else is OK. Hope they're not cancelling us yet.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 20, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Lorbs
Excited about Disney

Thought the A330-200 were being phased out this year
Lorbs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 20, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Andy9137
Very Serious Dibber

Hope not as we are booked UC on the A300 200 from Manchester in September

Andy9137 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 20, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
The 2 Minnies
slightly serious Dibber

I booked UC yesterday for October on the A300-200 only yesterday
The 2 Minnies is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List