Notices

Old 27 Dec 20, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Aww I'm pleased to hear Abby ❤️ it's not Christmas without movies and indulging in eating 😂😂

We have thank you, we're ready for some sort of normality again soon though 🙈 x
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 21, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Aww I'm pleased to hear Abby ❤️ it's not Christmas without movies and indulging in eating 😂😂

We have thank you, we're ready for some sort of normality again soon though 🙈 x
I'm sorry I've not replied to you, I've not had much to say the last couple of months. I hope you are well and looking forward to the schools going back tomorrow.

Take care Kelly x

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 21, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
When will my (life) holiday begin?

So, I guess it's time to give up on this pre-trip report. For one thing summer 2020 has been and gone, for another the trip that I dreamed of last year won't come to pass any time soon. We all know there's no sight of dining plans returning, three week tickets, fast passes, fireworks, parades, character meets they are all a memory now . Wow, that was maudlin and I didn't mean for it to be...don't despair and give up on me just yet What I mean is that everything I'd hoped this trip would be is out the window now and that's ok, we've just got to make the most of what we can do rather than dwelling on what could have been. So I think I'm about ready to let this pre-trip go to the farm in the country where all those childhood pets have gone

I've not wanted to end the report as it seems such a sad end, also I'm a dreadful completer-finisher I can't just leave it hanging either! So this post is one last hurrah of a pre trip that is in the past, a post that is looking to the future and more hopeful times

The other reason I've not wanted to end it is that I don't know when our next trip will be, but I've just about come to terms with the idea that even though I don't know when we will go back...we will actually go back someday. Maybe this year? I really don't know, I've not been as optimistic as other Dibbers about us being able to travel this summer. But, I have been thinking about starting a new pre-trip yes I'm well aware how ridiculous a pre-trip without dates sounds. The cast will be the same, the destination will be Florida, but when it will happen, well that's a question I don't know the answer to.

And all that wondering got me thinking about this wonderful song from Tangled.

And so I came up with my own lyrics that sum up the last year and how I'm feeling now...

Here goes my version of When will my (life) holiday begin?

Seven am, the usual lockdown line up
Start with the news and hope today’s a good day
Fingers crossed cases are down, vaccinations up
Refresh the page, and by then it’s like 7.15

And so I’ll scour the dibb
For maybe two or three
I’ll add a new must-do to a fake-itinerary
I’ll day dream and hope
And wish and basically
Just wonder when will my (life) holiday begin?

Then after lunch it’s time for some more day dreaming
Wondering if borders will re-open soon
When will I finally get called for a vaccine?
Think about, whether we’ll have, to wear masks
On a ride

And I’ll re-read the dibb
Cos I have time to spare
I’ll check the news some more
I’m sure there’s new-news somewhere
And then I’ll dream and hope
And dream and hope some more
Stuck in the same place I’ve been for a year
And I’ll keep wonderin’ and wonderin’
And wonderin’ and wonderin’
When will my (life) holiday begin?

Pre-Travel night
Will someday appear
Just like it has on our holidays yester-year
When will it be
Our chance to return?
It seems it’s getting closer
We might just
Get to go

And maybe we will get to go back to Orlando this summer. If we do you can be sure that I will want to share it with you all.

Thanks for reading everyone, I hope you are all well and that you're feeling more hopeful for a return to normality.

Take care and I hope to see you all real soon with another pre-trip.

Edited at 05:58 PM.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 21, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Oh Abby, I actually checked for a pre trip for this summer from you yesterday! But I totally understand why you haven’t started one - who knows what’s in store...but I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you.

I’ve booked for next May - even without all the usual deals, I just had to have something to look forward to! I’m hoping everything will be back to normal by then. So I guess I need to start a pre trip so we can keep chatting all year round? ;-)
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 21, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Abby, I love your song.

I can’t wait to go back, I’ve even came back on the dibb and been playing around on the BA website. We’ve given up on the summer though and booked a cottage on the west coast of Scotland for a week. Hoping Nicola lets us go that far.

Thank you for carrying on with this, every time I’ve come on and had a wee like it’s made me smile. I’ll be looking out for your pre trip.
Old 7 Mar 21, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Great summing up Abby. Love the song!

We’ve not given up yet as things are moving at pace now, here and there.

I’ve had my first vaccine, I wasn’t expecting it but apparently because of the medication I take I got pushed up the laddder.

I’ll keep an eye out if you (we) manage to go this year as I’d love to read all about it.

We might even get to say a socially distanced Hello as we’ve still got the same countdowns. 😍

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 21, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by MrsSilverStar View Post
Oh Abby, I actually checked for a pre trip for this summer from you yesterday! But I totally understand why you haven’t started one - who knows what’s in store...but I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you.

I’ve booked for next May - even without all the usual deals, I just had to have something to look forward to! I’m hoping everything will be back to normal by then. So I guess I need to start a pre trip so we can keep chatting all year round? ;-)
That's great to have something booked up already for next year. It's lovely to have something to look forward to. Possibly we will get away this summer, but I'm not counting on it, maybe we will have more luck with October half term.

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Abby, I love your song.

I can’t wait to go back, I’ve even came back on the dibb and been playing around on the BA website. We’ve given up on the summer though and booked a cottage on the west coast of Scotland for a week. Hoping Nicola lets us go that far.

Thank you for carrying on with this, every time I’ve come on and had a wee like it’s made me smile. I’ll be looking out for your pre trip.
I really do hope you get to have a break this summer, although Ms Sturgeon does seem to want to keep you locked down. One of my brothers lives about 100 miles away and it would be really good to see him again sometime this year. It's those little things that we took for granted that I'm looking forward to the most.

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
Great summing up Abby. Love the song!

We’ve not given up yet as things are moving at pace now, here and there.

I’ve had my first vaccine, I wasn’t expecting it but apparently because of the medication I take I got pushed up the laddder.

I’ll keep an eye out if you (we) manage to go this year as I’d love to read all about it.

We might even get to say a socially distanced Hello as we’ve still got the same countdowns. 😍

Kat
I've seen you post on some of the August 2021 or summer 2021 threads. I love those threads but I haven't had the courage to book anything. My countdown is from when I cancelled last year's Disney part of the trip I got WDW to roll over the booking for this summer, but only for 5 days and the q4 day tickets. I really didn't want to lose the $300 gift card seems silly now. I can't quite bring myself to book any flights or anything else, so all we have is 5 nights accommodation at the moment. But if we do make it out there we should definitely have a meet up we absolutely deserve a cocktail x

Old 8 Mar 21, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Hi Abby

I love your lyrics. I cant imagine when we'll go back - hopefully next year. I was hoping that I may get a break with Disneyland Paris with my eldest daughter this year - we had planned to do it last year after she'd done her A levels - but Im not even sure about that at the moment.

Fingers crossed we get to read a new pre-trippy from you sooner rather than later. I hope all goes well for you this week with the return of your pupils.

Diane
mrsdjh is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 21, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Buggles94
VIP Dibber

Buggles94's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
Hi Abby
So sorry to see the end of this pre trippy but really hope we see a new one soon. Love your song. It's the dreaming of WDW plans that is keeping me going. We have had to cancel a few plans (Easter being the latest) as I keep booking and am determined to get there as soon as possible... The cancelling is hard but the rebooking and hoping and planning (just a little bit) is fun and I've been really impressed with BA Holidays when booking and when they have to cancel We still have a July booking like you and on really good days I think there is a tiny chance of it happening! I have friends in NYC and Texas and life seems to be getting more normal for them, especially in Texas! I have moved an August booking to next year though and booked a week in Greece as really hoping that can happen at least! Also have a DLP break booked (the one moved from last summer) in May half term but not holding much hope of that for the moment... So, really hope you can keep planning and keep sharing your plans. We need these PTRs to give us hope and hopefully soon we will see Trip Reports again
Buggles94 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 21, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by mrsdjh View Post
Hi Abby

I love your lyrics. I cant imagine when we'll go back - hopefully next year. I was hoping that I may get a break with Disneyland Paris with my eldest daughter this year - we had planned to do it last year after she'd done her A levels - but Im not even sure about that at the moment.

Fingers crossed we get to read a new pre-trippy from you sooner rather than later. I hope all goes well for you this week with the return of your pupils.

Diane
Hi Diane

I'm glad you liked my lyrics you wouldn't believe how long it took me to write so the rhythm of it worked ahh and who knows when we might get to go to Florida again. At the moment it feels about as far away as the moon. I've not been further than 5 miles from my house since our trip to DLP last August. I can't believe it really.

Maybe I'll start a prospective pre trip without knowing when it will be, just knowing that it will happen someday. I think I'll need to find the right song for that though

How's your younger daughter doing? I hope she's not feeling too under pressure, like every lesson is an assessment. I taught my first face to face lesson with my year 11 class today since the beginning of December as they'd had to isolate due to multiple cases in the bubble in the run up to Christmas. I cant tell you how good it was to see them all again I just kept saying to them how lovely it was to be in school and see them. I'm sure they thought I was crazy, likely they were very glad for social distancing and that I had to stay at the front of the classroom. It was truly great to be back

I'm keeping everything crossed the cases don't start going up again and we don't have to send bubbles home due to positive cases. It's so nice being back in school, none of us want to go back to virtual teaching, well no one I know anyway.

Take care x

Originally Posted by Buggles94 View Post
Hi Abby
So sorry to see the end of this pre trippy but really hope we see a new one soon. Love your song. It's the dreaming of WDW plans that is keeping me going. We have had to cancel a few plans (Easter being the latest) as I keep booking and am determined to get there as soon as possible... The cancelling is hard but the rebooking and hoping and planning (just a little bit) is fun and I've been really impressed with BA Holidays when booking and when they have to cancel We still have a July booking like you and on really good days I think there is a tiny chance of it happening! I have friends in NYC and Texas and life seems to be getting more normal for them, especially in Texas! I have moved an August booking to next year though and booked a week in Greece as really hoping that can happen at least! Also have a DLP break booked (the one moved from last summer) in May half term but not holding much hope of that for the moment... So, really hope you can keep planning and keep sharing your plans. We need these PTRs to give us hope and hopefully soon we will see Trip Reports again
I guess I felt that keeping this trippy going was like flogging a dead horse and any trip in the foreseeable future isn't going to look like this trip. But that's ok. I've come to accept that this is what we've been dealt and I want to try and make the best of it. Maybe we will be able to return to Florida this year, but I'm doubtful if I'm honest.

I have friends in Carslbad, near San Diego in California. They are finding things a bit tougher I think. There seems to be a lot of animosity between those for restrictions and those against, people seem to be polarised in terms of their support for or against social distancing and mask wearing. Although I guess that's not very much different to over here...I don't know if America have got it right or not, but I do think we both seem to be going in the right direction with vaccine roll out albeit still not quite quick enough for me. I'm hoping both Dave and me will get an appt for our first vaccine by Easter. He's 49, will be 50 in July and I'm 44. A few weeks ago we were storming ahead with vaccines, but we seem to have slowed down a little lately. I'm sure we all pick up speed again.

I am hopeful for the future. I just don't know when the future is going to be the present! LOL now that's the million dollar question