Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Jan 21, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinks2014
Imagineer

Have to colour match bleach, soap etc
to bathroom colours. Yellow in grey and yellow cloakroom etc . My husband has been known to ask what colour bleach when it’s on the list even though they are in a cupboard .
Have to fluff up cushions when I get up off the sofa . My son use to think he was being funny when he would pile them along the sofa or mix them up when I got in from work .
Things have to be central . Daughter doesn’t like switches to be one up and one down.
Always eat choc first on crunchies etc.
Tinks2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 21, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mqt View Post
Yes I tried some coconut toilet wipes after reading about them on here 😂. I shall try the paper too if it smells good! Not seen toothpaste and mouthwash though. Where are they from if you don’t mind my asking.

Just taken this from my bathroom cabinet for you - I use the Colgate at night tho

All from amazon. (My dental hygienist recommended biomed)

Edited at 03:48 PM.
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 21, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by alibeau View Post
I love this thread, makes me feel 'normal'
I love this thread because it clarifies that I'm not "eccentric" like the rest of you lot. Some of these habits are a bit bizarre.

I do often eat pizza with a knife and fork though. Not always I might add.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 21, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
I do often eat pizza with a knife and fork though. Not always I might add.
My sister and I have always eaten pizza with a fork and knife - even though we never had it as children and only when we left home we never eat with our fingers (isn’t that odd) plus we say fork and knife and not knife and fork

I love that some things I thought off as being odd dont seem that strange after reading this thread
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 21, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
My sister and I have always eaten pizza with a fork and knife - even though we never had it as children and only when we left home we never eat with our fingers (isn’t that odd) plus we say fork and knife and not knife and fork
I don't eat other meals with my fingers so I'm not sure why it's odd to eat pizza as a meal with a fork and knife.

If the pizza is cut up and eaten as finger food, such as part of a buffet or similar, then sure I'll eat it without implements.

We once saw an older child at Disney eating mashed potatoes using her fingers. Which was, erm, "interesting".

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 21, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
salmim
Imagineer

salmim's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Just a tradition really! For as long as I can remember (50 years) on or around my birthday in July I have slept under the stars (not often in Lancs ! ) in the back garden.
Started when I was a little one and dad would come home from the pub and drag me and my brothers out and tell us his Burma WW2 stories.
So every year I drag a couple of cushions out on the lawn with acouple of blankets, get my head down and sleep in the fresh air (usually with the dog.)
If it rains I usually just hitch up a tarpaulin on a couple of cricket stumps.

Crackers? Yes
Great fun? Yes
Alchohol assisted? Always.

Edited at 05:25 PM.
salmim is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 21, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Originally Posted by salmim View Post
Just a tradition really! For as long as I can remember (50 years) on or around my birthday in July I have slept under the stars (not often in Lancs ! ) in the back garden.
Started when I was a little one and dad would come home from the pub and drag me and my brothers out and tell us his Burma WW2 stories.
So every year I drag a couple of cushions out on the lawn with acouple of blankets, get my head down and sleep in the fresh air (usually with the dog.)
If it rains I usually just hitch up a tarpaulin on a couple of cricket stumps.

Crackers? Yes
Great fun? Yes
Alchohol assisted? Always.
That actually sounds fantastic and something I would love to do. I just fear that DH and the kids would think I had finally lost the plot!
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 21, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

My dear daughter holds her knife and fork in the ‘ wrong ‘ hands.
She is 22.
I noticed about 2 years ago 😂😂
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 21, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by buryboy View Post
My dear daughter holds her knife and fork in the ‘ wrong ‘ hands.
She is 22.
I noticed about 2 years ago 😂😂
So does my husband, what’s that about!
Old 18 Jan 21, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

I salute magpies on a daily basis
Princess Alison is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List