Notices

Old 8 Jul 20, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Cutiepie
Imagineer

Just catching up, glad the refund process is going smoothly so far. So glad you got a wee holiday booked. You are lucky, when I mentioned to Nathan about going somewhere local he wasn't keen & said 'What's the point'

I hope your Mum & Dave had good birthday's. and I hope Kate has a good shopping trip with her friends
Cutiepie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 20, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Your little holiday sounds lovely! I am sure the weather will be nice and I love the thought of some meals out and barbecues. A change of scenery will be much appreciated.

I am toying with DLP for a little dose of Disney in October but the prices are eye-watering and I am not sure it is worth it. I imagine that despite the best of intentions we would spend much of the time ruing what should have been and perhaps no Disney at all is better than a small dose.
I think it will be fun and with swimming pools and other leisure activities opening up soon I'm hoping we can have a few nice days out this summer.

Oh and snap! Funnily enough I thought it might be worth a look to see what DLP would cost in August. Well it turns out it would cost an arm and a leg I couldn't justify it and I know I'd end up making comparisons so it's probably better if I just ignore it and look at UK day trips or mini breaks instead.

Originally Posted by Cutiepie View Post
Just catching up, glad the refund process is going smoothly so far. So glad you got a wee holiday booked. You are lucky, when I mentioned to Nathan about going somewhere local he wasn't keen & said 'What's the point'

I hope your Mum & Dave had good birthday's. and I hope Kate has a good shopping trip with her friends
Well, Max wasn't overly impressed when I asked if he fancied a caravan holiday he asked what we would do and I said walking he said "same as here then" but it's tough luck for him as he's coming.

The birthday celebrations were great fun, I enjoyed planning it all and doing the cooking and mum had a lovely time so it was worth it.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 20, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Buggles94
VIP Dibber

Buggles94's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
Sounds like David's were very generous. I've rented from them a few times and their service has been fantastic Which DVC resort are you thinking next year? If you do decide on Disneyland we absolutely love the Grand Californian Hotel and definitely recommend it.
So glad you are all booked for a break this summer - sounds lovely and peaceful Great news that more is opening up so we can all have days out this summer. DS is desperate to know if the CP pool will be open in August so keeping fingers crossed!
Hope Kate has a great shopping trip and glad the celebrations went well
Buggles94 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 20, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Glad you’ve got a break booked. We got the same reaction as Maxs from our girls when we suggested booking one 😂 apparently they’ve spent enough time with us lately and as they wouldn’t be doing anything different they’d rather stay at home! It doesn’t help that it’s rained for about two weeks here.
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 20, 06:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Em4owen
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We've booked a cottage in the Cotswolds so not too far from you, but a week later! I hope you have a lovely time there.

We went to DLP in August one year and it was so busy so I don't blame you for giving it a miss! We have accidentally booked it for May half 😏 term though as we really wanted a Disney fix and it's the quietest of all the school holidays plus we do love DLP.
Old 10 Jul 20, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Buggles94 View Post
Sounds like David's were very generous. I've rented from them a few times and their service has been fantastic Which DVC resort are you thinking next year? If you do decide on Disneyland we absolutely love the Grand Californian Hotel and definitely recommend it.
So glad you are all booked for a break this summer - sounds lovely and peaceful Great news that more is opening up so we can all have days out this summer. DS is desperate to know if the CP pool will be open in August so keeping fingers crossed!
Hope Kate has a great shopping trip and glad the celebrations went well
I thing David's did really surprise me actually. Ha ha I love that you're spending my vouchers for me, David's did say they can be used for any resort at any park, just not for a dining plan or add on. You're really tempting me with the California idea, plus it doesn't help that I'm seeing other people going all out on their 2021 plans to make up for lost trips.

The kids will be really pleased that outdoor pools are opening up there is an outdoor pool at the caravan. Fingers crossed it's heated

Originally Posted by mrsdjh View Post
Glad you’ve got a break booked. We got the same reaction as Maxs from our girls when we suggested booking one 😂 apparently they’ve spent enough time with us lately and as they wouldn’t be doing anything different they’d rather stay at home! It doesn’t help that it’s rained for about two weeks here.
I can imagine we will end up regretting this caravan stay in the end as our 4 bedroom house hasn't felt big enough at times in the last few months. The kids also utterly refused to sleep in the same bedroom in the caravan which is crazy as all 4 of us sleep in one room on holiday usually. Anyway it's ok as there is a sofa bed in the living area. I haven't told them that yet though

Originally Posted by Em4owen View Post
We've booked a cottage in the Cotswolds so not too far from you, but a week later! I hope you have a lovely time there.

We went to DLP in August one year and it was so busy so I don't blame you for giving it a miss! We have accidentally booked it for May half 😏 term though as we really wanted a Disney fix and it's the quietest of all the school holidays plus we do love DLP.
I'm glad you're able to get away for a break this summer too. The Cotswolds is lovely. We went on a short break there a few years ago with friends and we had a great time.

I was just looking at offsite hotels at DLP this summer you caught me! I just can't seem to stop myself from looking...

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 20, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Hey Abby... I hope your Mum and Dave had good birthday celebrations, and that Kate enjoyed her shopping trip. It really is nice to be able to do some normal things again.

Great news from David's - the credit note has a good long life if you don't get around to using it next year. How exciting that Wellington persuaded you to book for next year. I think booking a short stay is a good move as it it gives you lots of options to build around it.

Even though it's not Orlando, I'm sure you'll have a lovely time away on your caravan break. It sounds like a lovely place, and I'm sure the kids will enjoy the pool, heated or not! Will you be doing a little report on your Somerset trip?

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 20, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
Hey Abby... I hope your Mum and Dave had good birthday celebrations, and that Kate enjoyed her shopping trip. It really is nice to be able to do some normal things again.

Great news from David's - the credit note has a good long life if you don't get around to using it next year. How exciting that Wellington persuaded you to book for next year. I think booking a short stay is a good move as it it gives you lots of options to build around it.

Even though it's not Orlando, I'm sure you'll have a lovely time away on your caravan break. It sounds like a lovely place, and I'm sure the kids will enjoy the pool, heated or not! Will you be doing a little report on your Somerset trip?
I've been a bit blue this week. I think it's the combo of the end of term coming, hitting the single digit day but knowing we're going no where and then seeing vlogs of the parks open and everyone having a marvellous time with no wait at all anyway I've felt a bit sad about the holiday being cancelled. I'll get over it soon enough but I figure I'm allowed to feel a bit morose for a few days.

I finally went and changed my countdown today. That was another thing I really didn't want to do, silly really as leaving the countdown doesn't mean the holiday would happen

I like your idea of doing a trip report for Somerset I'll claim it was your idea all along and I hadn't been thinking about it anyway it certainly won't be the most interesting trip report to read. I'm hoping for some cream teas, a bit of cider, a few pub lunches or dinners and a fair amount of walking. If the sun shines that would be marvellous, but hopefully not too hot as there's no way I'm going to fit into shorts this summer

Old 18 Jul 20, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsstitch
slightly serious Dibber

Hey I hope the end of term went well, we had a few tears but on the whole it was quite a positive end to a very strange year.
So on the theme of DLP, I also wondered what prices were like for this August after watching a YouTube video and found the prices better than I expected-so on the spur of the moment we booked
We are staying at Les villages nature-a french centre park resort linked to Disney. A great resort with lots of facilities, and you get 2 park days and extra magic hours included in the price. We’re going to drive there so no public transport and there seems to be good safety measures in place as you’d expect from Disney -plus at the moment it seems really quiet! I have to say I’m quite excited!
mrsstitch is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 20, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
I've been a bit blue this week. I think it's the combo of the end of term coming, hitting the single digit day but knowing we're going no where and then seeing vlogs of the parks open and everyone having a marvellous time with no wait at all anyway I've felt a bit sad about the holiday being cancelled. I'll get over it soon enough but I figure I'm allowed to feel a bit morose for a few days.

I finally went and changed my countdown today. That was another thing I really didn't want to do, silly really as leaving the countdown doesn't mean the holiday would happen

I like your idea of doing a trip report for Somerset I'll claim it was your idea all along and I hadn't been thinking about it anyway it certainly won't be the most interesting trip report to read. I'm hoping for some cream teas, a bit of cider, a few pub lunches or dinners and a fair amount of walking. If the sun shines that would be marvellous, but hopefully not too hot as there's no way I'm going to fit into shorts this summer
Oh Abby, I’m sorry you’re feeling a bit down this week. Totally understandable as the date of your holiday comes around. You’re definitely allowed to wallow for a while. I hope your end of term at school went well and you have things in place ready for the new school year.

You make Somerset sound idyllic with cream teas and cider etc., I’m sure you’ll have a lovely time. Fingers crossed the sun shines for you. I’m totally with you on the shorts front - it’s a no from me this year too 😳.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List