Notices

Old 21 Dec 20, 02:10 AM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Your Thanksgiving dinner looks so lovely, especially the turkey.

I am jealous that you found Corn Bread in your Tesco! We didn’t have it here. I had to buy a packet mix for our dinner, it was okay and smelled like Disney but was very crumbly.

We cheated a bit and had a Thanksgiving dinner crossed with a British Roast Dinner. Nik would never let me hear the end of it if I left the Roast Potatoes out and I don't need an excuse to have pigs in blankets and parsnips.

Our mash was similarly decadent, I did a savoury sweet potato mash as well which was lovely too.

We also used a sprouts, butternut squash and pepeprs recipe! Unfortunately, I managed to burn mine when attempting to keep it warm.

We had green bean casserole and a cheesy corn casserole too. It was so fun planning what to eat. I was in the kitchen the entire day and was utterly exhausted at the end of it (and the dishwasher never recovered) but it was so worth it.

Can you share your sausagemeat stuffing recipe please? We had a bread stuffing with cornbread, baguette and ciabatta, Nik loved it, but I was not a fan at all.

We had a pumpkin caramel cheesecake, served on a cheeseboard, because I am economical:

Recipe: thepioneerwoman/food...cake-so-there/

I cooked it a little bit too long, I don't think it should be this brown on the top but it was still lovely and the ginger nuts base was to die for. I paid silly money for a tin of pumpkin puree from Amazon only to go to Sainsburys the next day and see it there in the International food section alongside the packet mix (also purchased from Amazon ) I had used to make copycat Red Lobster Cheddar Garlic biscuits!

Edited at 02:12 AM.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 20, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I was keeping my fingers crossed you'd share your Thanksgiving meal and you didn't disappoint. It all looks fab. The cornbread was ok, but it was a crusty loaf and I'm used to the Florida corn bread that is basically just can't! I'll find the recipe for the stuffing. I watched so many you tube videos and if I can find the right one I'll link it otherwise it will just be a photo of the recipe I scribbled down.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 20, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Disaster Collette we have ran out of eggs so no pancakes or French bread for breakfast!
I love both of your thanksgiving meals I am always tempted-next year!
OB1LukeLucas is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 20, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

well I really needed this to cheer me up today! My last day of work is tomorrow and I cannot wait to stop reading all the depressing news!

Love the thanksgiving feasts. Colette, I love all your Disney tableware too!

Amazing Christmas food list too. Abby, I think we spent £300 on our shop and there's only three of us! If ever there was a year to go big...this is definitely it!
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 20, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
Disaster Collette we have ran out of eggs so no pancakes or French bread for breakfast!
I love both of your thanksgiving meals I am always tempted-next year!
That is a disaster. You need to up your game

Originally Posted by MrsSilverStar View Post
well I really needed this to cheer me up today! My last day of work is tomorrow and I cannot wait to stop reading all the depressing news!

Love the thanksgiving feasts. Colette, I love all your Disney tableware too!

Amazing Christmas food list too. Abby, I think we spent £300 on our shop and there's only three of us! If ever there was a year to go big...this is definitely it!
Hurrah glad to have helped cheer you up

The shopping thing did surprise me, I suppose lots of people shop multiple times a week, but I cannot get to a supermarket that regularly at the best of times. My first biggest shop she'd ever seen was £350, then last week really surprised me as we *only* spent £220 (I appreciate it's still a lot of money), but given that the first shop included presents for Dave's family and the kids and this week is all the shopping for Christmas I didn't think it was too bad...you can tell I'm still fuming with the checkout lady I'll get over it eventually.

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 20, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Sausagemeat Stuffing

I can't find the you tube video with the stuffing. I halved the original recipe as I didn't have 2 packs of sausage meat as they used 2lbs of susagemeat so here's what I did.

2tbsp olive oil
1 onion chopped
2 stalks celery chopped
2 cloves garlic crushed
Salt and peppar
1 pack of sausagemeat
225g of cubed day old bread (this was quite a lot of bread)
1/2 cup of dried cranberries
1/2 cup of hazelnuts chopped
2 eggs beaten
1 cup of chicken stock

Fry onion, celery and garlic in oil and season well. Add sausage meat and break into small meatball sized pieces. Cook until browned.
Pour into oven dish with the cubed bread, cranberries and hazelnuts.
Pour the beaten eggs and chicken stock over the top. Stir together so the bread and meat mix soaks up the liquid.
Bake for 1 hour at gas 5, which I think is 190.

Now I've typed it up I really want to make it again for Christmas day as it was so good.

Old 22 Dec 20, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Mobile

Reading these posts have made me so hungry! I've just had to venture into the kitchen on a snack hunt.
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 20, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by magickate View Post
Reading these posts have made me so hungry! I've just had to venture into the kitchen on a snack hunt.
you will want to head over to the food report I started a couple of days ago. It's a collaboration where we share our meals and treats we are having over Christmas.

Old 26 Dec 20, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Hope you all had a lovely Christmas Abby🎄🎅❤️ x

Edited at 09:22 PM.
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 20, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Hope you all had a lovely Christmas Abby🎄🎅❤️ x
Hey there Kelly, we're having a lovely Christmas, even if it is a more quiet one than we are used to. We've still had fun and I'm enjoying spending time watching lots of movies and eating lots of food.

I hope you are all well.

A x