Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 21 Jun 20, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by MrsSevSpaghetti View Post
As far as husband is concerned, if we are going to Disney then that’s what we are doing. Getting a car and leaving every day for food isn’t Disney.
I don’t think i appreciated how much the dining plan saved. I thought it was good value but I didn’t think it was THAT good value.
So no dining plan definitely means no holiday I think.
On the bright side you may now discover more destinations and see other parts of the world. Consider AI in Mexico or the Caribbean maybe even a cruise (they cater well for allergies).

I’m sure there will be some who will also decide they’re done with Disney if there’s no DP. Others will find a work around that also provides a great holiday. For some people the DP leads to a lot of waste of food or eating just to get value (this is us) Like anything some will benefit, some won’t. There’s always a positive. I refuse to pay deluxe resort prices for what you get but that made us look further afield and we discovered amazing luxury hotels in the US for less than a deluxe and started doing multi centre holidays.
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 20, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Egon
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
Easily adds up, breakfast can be £50+ even at quick serve for a family. Lunch, dinner and snacks at £5 each😀
We tend to buy cereal for breakfast, the last place we stayed offered free breakfast, it wasn’t great but I reckon it saved me £800
Egon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 20, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Egon View Post
We tend to buy cereal for breakfast, the last place we stayed offered free breakfast, it wasn’t great but I reckon it saved me £800
We stayed at Comfort in Maingate East by Old Town, they had a free breakfast which I thought was very good. We always stay off-site and make good use of BOGOF vouchers. Usually don't spend more than $30 per meal.
Old 21 Jun 20, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by landandword17 View Post
On the bright side you may now discover more destinations and see other parts of the world. Consider AI in Mexico or the Caribbean maybe even a cruise (they cater well for allergies).

I’m sure there will be some who will also decide they’re done with Disney if there’s no DP. Others will find a work around that also provides a great holiday. For some people the DP leads to a lot of waste of food or eating just to get value (this is us) Like anything some will benefit, some won’t. There’s always a positive. I refuse to pay deluxe resort prices for what you get but that made us look further afield and we discovered amazing luxury hotels in the US for less than a deluxe and started doing multi centre holidays.
I plan on returning to WDW in 2022 and if free dining is available I'll have it. But I certainly won't have a problem without it. I don't like steak and am allergic to seafood so even when I have TS I always eat at the cheaper end of the scale - usually chicken in some shape or form. I'm not a snacky person, I eat mainly fresh fruit - in particular the fresh pineapple spears in Harambe Fruit Market in AK are delicious and so refreshing.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 20, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSevSpaghetti
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
I plan on returning to WDW in 2022 and if free dining is available I'll have it. But I certainly won't have a problem without it. I don't like steak and am allergic to seafood so even when I have TS I always eat at the cheaper end of the scale - usually chicken in some shape or form. I'm not a snacky person, I eat mainly fresh fruit - in particular the fresh pineapple spears in Harambe Fruit Market in AK are delicious and so refreshing.
The first thing DH mentioned was steak! 😂
MrsSevSpaghetti is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 20, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by MrsSevSpaghetti View Post
The first thing DH mentioned was steak! 😂
All the way through this thread you've said what your husband wants but you haven't said what you want. So what do you want?
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 20, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSevSpaghetti
Getting Excited

Mobile

I want Disney! Full stop. I don’t see the point also going and then leaving everyday also. I want my magic band and no cooking. He’s paying though.
I’d be happy to pay out the extra money but he won’t. I have to sell any alternative to him. He very very rarely gets time off work so needs to be worth his while. The not driving and ease of the food on tap is attractive to him.
We did an all inclusive before and hated it, Disney doesn’t feel hemmed in though.
MrsSevSpaghetti is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 20, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Mobile

If he won't pay out the extra money have you considered going on your own? I love my solo trips, total freedom without worrying about what someone else wants.
Old 21 Jun 20, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazascouser
Apprentice Imagineer

Mazascouser's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Bring your costs down by going from 2 weeks to 10 or 11 nights. more time to get over the jet lag. The savings could go towards your table meals. The value resorts (preferred room) have or will be refurbished by next year possible saving there.
Mazascouser is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 20, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Mobile

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
Easily adds up, breakfast can be £50+ even at quick serve for a family. Lunch, dinner and snacks at £5 each😀
The OP said they were sorting themselves for breakfast.

I know it’s expensive at times depending where you eat, but £250 (over $310 per day, every day) for 2 meals and a few snacks seems high unless having signature or expensive treats all of the time.
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List