Notices
Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Theme Parks Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 12 Sep 20, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Rae21
Excited about Disney

Opinions needed - Tokyo 2021

I know I should just make up my own mind - but would anyone who reads this give me your opinions regarding a trip to Tokyo in May 2021.

Was due to go this May but had to cancel so am looking to rebook for next May instead. Been looking at flights (know I shouldn’t, but I’ve got the day off and was bored &#128513 and I’ve found flights with BA/JAL for £1240 this is for 2x adults flying economy out and premium back - 2x23kg luggage pp etc. The flights can be changed if things are still bad and I can have a voucher to rebook if I need to cancel. Also can get COVID covered insurance for £97 single trip or £118 annual.

Found a hotel in Ikebukuro for the dates I want 22/5 to 5/6 but still waiting to decide exactly where I want to stay hoping to get a couple of nights in Osaka for USJ and possibly near Tokyo Disney as well (suggestions welcome) when more hotels available.

So would you book it? Thanks if you got this far without falling asleep and I’d appreciate any comments / suggestions you have 😊
Rae21 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 20, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

Wow - I could have written this post. We were also due to go May this year and we have also found these BA flights for next May. We are also really tempted to book and dont know what to do either (sorry I know that doesn’t help you!).
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 20, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Rae21
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Pumpkin Pie View Post
Wow - I could have written this post. We were also due to go May this year and we have also found these BA flights for next May. We are also really tempted to book and dont know what to do either (sorry I know that doesn’t help you!).
Don’t go pinching my seats lol It’s getting even more confusing now - thinking of going to USJ and if we get the Shinkansen down to Osaka at the end of the holiday could fly out of KIX for only an extra £10 so would save on the train (jr pass). Decisions, decisions...
Rae21 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 20, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rae21 View Post
Don’t go pinching my seats lol It’s getting even more confusing now - thinking of going to USJ and if we get the Shinkansen down to Osaka at the end of the holiday could fly out of KIX for only an extra £10 so would save on the train (jr pass). Decisions, decisions...
We went last year for the first time and the flights were a lot more expensive. I probably would just book and be done with it but my husband is more risk averse! I loved it there and want to go back!
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 20, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

We have booked to go in May and booked flights and hotels we can cancel if we want to.
Will decide nearer time if go or not - if we can go even - but loving planning and YouTube watching now :-)
AntonyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 20, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

This thread has really got me going again. We will need to investigate the pros and cons properly and make a decision.
Old 12 Sep 20, 11:29 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

We want to go next August but it’s dependent on Nintendo world being completed.
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 20, 04:49 AM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

From all reports it is done - they just need to open the darn thing when they feel it is safe to do so - like the B&TB areas at Tokyo Disney :-(
AntonyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 20, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

To be OP I have remembered another thread on the Dibb about only having to pay a deposit rather than everything upfront. On the BA website select flights and holidays tab rather than the flight only tab and then select Create Custom Trip link. This then gives you the option of booking the flight with one nights hotel (or I believe you can select one days car rental but not pick up the car).

I did a dummy run for our proposed trip and it worked out we would have to pay £300 deposit. I have not delved into it any further but this could be an option.
Old 13 Sep 20, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Rae21
Excited about Disney

Thanks I’ll have a look at that 😊. Still can’t decide whether to just go for it or book for October instead, but that’s even longer to wait.