Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 Sep 20, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Very good West Coast car price.

Last night I was conducting research for my Summer 2021 West Coast vacation with no real intention of buying anything at that time.. then I found this..

I was on travel supermarket when I entered a search for a car to pick of at SFO int on 20/09/21 and drop at LAS int on 31/09/21.

I got a price (with CDW free extra driver and cancellation) of £295. Intrigued, I took it further. The site took me to Argus car hire. I clicked the deal that then took me to Alamo.. who I like.
I found a RAV4 at £345.

Thinking that I would cut out the middlemen, I tried a direct search on Alamo that came out at more than twice as much.

I returned to my original search and concluded the deal, which I believe to be exceptionally good when compared with other recent research.

Hoping that this helps others!

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 20, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
tweety-pie
Imagineer

tweety-pie's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
That’s a brilliant price! HollidayAutos keep emailing me with a ‘sale’ but everything is much more expensive than we’ve ever paid before. We like Alamo and their prices arent much different. I’ll have a look on Travel Supermarket and see what comes up for our dates!

Thanks for the heads up!
Old 17 Sep 20, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
abzorba
Excited about Disney

We've managed to get a BMW 740i for £900 for 16 nights from Hertz. It's listed as a Dream Car and Guaranteed Model but the price seems so good I'm worried what they'll actually have for us when we turn up to collect. But you getting a genuine good deal maybe makes me think there's good deals out there we've just got one as well and everything will be fine.

WDW 1994, 2005, 2015, 2019, 2025 | DLP 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021, 2022
abzorba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 20, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Olympiad
slightly serious Dibber

Hi - thats a great price but it might just be worth double checking that the big price difference isn't due to the inclusion of one-way drop off fees.

Hopefully not, but I recall when I was looking for one way from Albuquerque to San Fran a couple of years ago that a lot of the aggregator sites (didnt try argus) quotes prices without the one way fees (and just said in the t&cs that a fee may be payable on collection) whereas the direct sites showed all the fees.

As I say hopefully not and you've got a bargain but mentioning just in case.
Olympiad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 20, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
enjibenji
Imagineer

enjibenji's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Does it work out a lot cheaper than having a flydrive. We always do the car with flight with BA, I've never thought to do it separate.
enjibenji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 20, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Olympiad View Post
Hi - thats a great price but it might just be worth double checking that the big price difference isn't due to the inclusion of one-way drop off fees.

Hopefully not, but I recall when I was looking for one way from Albuquerque to San Fran a couple of years ago that a lot of the aggregator sites (didnt try argus) quotes prices without the one way fees (and just said in the t&cs that a fee may be payable on collection) whereas the direct sites showed all the fees.

As I say hopefully not and you've got a bargain but mentioning just in case.
Alamo have no State transfer fee between California and Nevada.
The deal is the total price. If they loaded a ‘one way fee’, then the deal would still look good.

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 20, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by enjibenji View Post
Does it work out a lot cheaper than having a flydrive. We always do the car with flight with BA, I've never thought to do it separate.
I looked at my BA as a fly drive, but found the car part to be very expensive.

Old 17 Sep 20, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
abzorba
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
Same - we had a great deal on a car with BA for our cancelled 2020 booking but the prices were astronomic for 2021.

WDW 1994, 2005, 2015, 2019, 2025 | DLP 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021, 2022
abzorba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 20, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
enjibenji
Imagineer

enjibenji's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
Ok thanks I will have a look. Do you have to pay all up front usually with car hire?
enjibenji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 20, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

BA I got a decent deal. As part of the deal I just got picked up hire in Vegas and drop off in LA 12 days later- Jeep Grand Cherokee or similar £500incl on top of flight price.