Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 4 Oct 20, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Your future plans (Fun thread)

Just following on from Munmun’s thread about your first trip to Florida.

What are your future plans? Not necessarily Florida, the trips you really want to do once we are out of this mess. Just for fun, dreaming is good for the soul.

So once we are back on the recovery train - and I am going to be at the bloody front! We have several things in the pipeline - they were all being mapped out prior to covid, but the breaks are currently well and truly on.

Florida - we had planned to go next year for the 50th celebrations. We probably won’t be, I’d imagine the next time we go we’ll hopefully be a family of 3 so a couple years.
But I really want to do a trail ride at Try Circle D Ranch! Hopefully a stay in Beach/Yacht Club and most likely a split stay with Universal.

Other plans:
New York - was being planned for my 30th in 2022, also unlikely to be going ahead when planned but definitely somewhere I have to go!
Las Vegas - the Hope was April next year with my partner, and my sister and her partner. This may still go ahead next year depending on how it all goes. Too early to tell!
Krakow - We were meant to go in November, hopefully next December we will be able to go for the weekend. My mum went in Jan this year and loved it, we were meant to go with but changed our minds due to saving for the wedding.
Austria - I had wanted to take my OH to Saltzberg for his birthday. Definitely need to go here in the next couple of years.

The BIG one:
In May 2021 we should have been having our honeymoon. £15k plus spending money 😂😂 5 Nights Vancouver, 10-11 nights Cruise Vancouver - Oahu and then 7 nights in Aulani.
This is definitely off. For a start, the cruise dates clash with the new wedding date! But we WILL do this one day. It will be an anniversary many years down the line I’m sure, but we will get there.

What are your future travel plans? Has this made you want to go anywhere you were putting off for a later date? Or somewhere you weren’t considering before?
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 20, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Whoops! Sorry; that was longer than I intended. If you haven’t guessed, we’re trying to keep concentrating on things to look forward to in the future to keep us going!
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 20, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkstargirl
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I'm still hoping for a Canadian/USA road trip with one of my besties next June. We have nothing booked yet due to the uncertainty, except tickets for an outdoor concert in Wisconsin (only £20 each so if it doesn't/can't happen it's no massive loss) and a hotel for that night (not payable until we arrive and able to be cancelled up until the day before). I am desperately hoping all countries involved in this plan get a handle on things so that I can go!

Also hoping the Disneyland Paris Run Weekend goes ahead next year!
pinkstargirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 20, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Trusty ian
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

Got nothing booked or planned. Other half is not wanting to think about future hols/plans yet. Did have gran canaria for July this year that didn't happen so spent the money on a motorcycle 😂😂. I'm not pushing the subject but I'm keen to book something anywhere really. Just don't know how far in advance to look.
Trusty ian is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 20, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
vanlou
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 40
For us the plan was to go back to Florida 2021 for mine & OHs 50th birthday. But I really don’t want to go now until I know we are able to do everything we want to do. Way too much money to spend else OH doesn’t want to travel anywhere until there is a vaccine so who knows what we will end up doing next year, if anything Centre Parcs maybe. Watch this space.

DLP Aug 2004 SQL, Dec 2007 HNY, Dec 2008 DLH
WDW Aug 2011 POFQ/RPR, Aug 2014 - HRH/POFQ
August 2014 trip report - Er, where's the rain?
vanlou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 20, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by pinkstargirl View Post
I'm still hoping for a Canadian/USA road trip with one of my besties next June. We have nothing booked yet due to the uncertainty, except tickets for an outdoor concert in Wisconsin (only £20 each so if it doesn't/can't happen it's no massive loss) and a hotel for that night (not payable until we arrive and able to be cancelled up until the day before). I am desperately hoping all countries involved in this plan get a handle on things so that I can go!

Also hoping the Disneyland Paris Run Weekend goes ahead next year!
Canada/USA road trip sounds amazing! I would have booked the concert as well at that price, rather loose £20 if I couldn’t go, than miss it if we did go but they’d sold out.

I do love DLP. I’m a terrible runner though! I’d like to take OH to DLP one day.
Old 4 Oct 20, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Trusty ian View Post
Got nothing booked or planned. Other half is not wanting to think about future hols/plans yet. Did have gran canaria for July this year that didn't happen so spent the money on a motorcycle 😂😂. I'm not pushing the subject but I'm keen to book something anywhere really. Just don't know how far in advance to look.
That’s a fair trade off! 😂

I know what you mean about not knowing when to book, it’s an odd one right now. My mum bought us a spa day for my birthday last weekend and I’m not even confident enough to book that right now!
Old 4 Oct 20, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by vanlou View Post
For us the plan was to go back to Florida 2021 for mine & OHs 50th birthday. But I really don’t want to go now until I know we are able to do everything we want to do. Way too much money to spend else OH doesn’t want to travel anywhere until there is a vaccine so who knows what we will end up doing next year, if anything Centre Parcs maybe. Watch this space.
Hopefully the vaccine will be well underway by the middle of next year! Fingers are hugely crossed!
I’ve never been to centre parks, I’d like to but always find the prices too much as I’d want to do all the activities!
Old 4 Oct 20, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

I was hoping to go to Australia next year. That’s looking very unlikely but it’s still top of my list when we finally can travel.

I’d also like another cruise but that worries me even more. I don’t like the idea of being trapped on a cruise ship in quarantine.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 20, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Talland 2016
Imagineer

I was hoping to go in February 2021 for my 60th with my DS and partner, brother,SIL & nephew for their first trip. We’ve decided to postpone this trip as DS and my brother both have Type 1 diabetes so are a bit cautious and certainly wouldn’t want to travel without adequate travel insurance. Also for my brother & family it may be the only time they get to Florida & don’t want to go if there won’t be any parades, fireworks etc.
Considering January 2022 as I will have to use my DVC points by then
Talland 2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List