Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 3 Nov 20, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Rose89
Helping Minnie

Disney Annual Passholder UK - Opt not to refund?

Hey has anyone had anything other than a refund from Disney for their annual pass as a UK resident?

As we don't get all the communications with being a UK resident I completely missed all the cut off dates for requesting a refund (I was too optimistic that we would be travelling in October so didn't really look for any info either).

My pass was extended to March to cover the dates the parks were shut, but a friend of mine with a DVC annual pass has been told hers has been put on 'pause' with the same remaining validity awaiting her to reactivate it next time she gets there and her validity will continue from there. When borders shut in March I should have had 7 month validity left on my pass.

I've tried ringing the AP line a few times but can't get through before my phone cuts me off so I've dropped them an email, but just curious on what everyone else's experience is while I wait for a reply.
2024 All Star Music Resort/2023 Tokyo Disneyland, DisneySea & Universal Osaka/2022 Rosen Inn Lake Buena Vista/2022 Pop Century/2021 Rosen Inn Lake Buena Vista/2019 Caribbean Beach & Endless Summer Surfside/2018 Disneyland California & Universal Hollywood/2017 Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando/2016 Rosen Inn International/2014 Disneyland Paris/2012 Pop Century/2010 Econolodge Inn & Suites/1999 Kissimmee/1997 Quality Inn I- Drive
Rose89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 20, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
gh015c4116
Excited about Disney

mine were due to run out APRIL 2020
they have extended them untill end nov 2021
They were adament they counldnt pause the passes like Universal did but were willing to extend to ensure we got to use them again(we were there when the parks shut).

Someone else on here also got them to extend by another year after i told them to ask again.
so if you dont get a good reply the first time try again

Edited at 08:45 PM.
gh015c4116 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 20, 12:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Rose89
Helping Minnie

That's brilliant that they extended that long for you! I'm hopeful they will help us first time but if not I'll ask again

Thanks for replying!
2024 All Star Music Resort/2023 Tokyo Disneyland, DisneySea & Universal Osaka/2022 Rosen Inn Lake Buena Vista/2022 Pop Century/2021 Rosen Inn Lake Buena Vista/2019 Caribbean Beach & Endless Summer Surfside/2018 Disneyland California & Universal Hollywood/2017 Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando/2016 Rosen Inn International/2014 Disneyland Paris/2012 Pop Century/2010 Econolodge Inn & Suites/1999 Kissimmee/1997 Quality Inn I- Drive
Rose89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 20, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

They change what you can and can't do all the time. Its definitely worth trying to ring them or emailing. I was told they couldn't pause which is why I ended up cancelling as there was no point (we wont get to the US before February which is where it was extended to. I would have been happy to pause my pass even if they said "only for while the US flights weren't running" but it really is just up to the person you speak to it appears. I was told my only option was to cancel and at least attempt to get some money back on it. Good luck - oh and if you are using an iphone to ring I had the same issue about it cutting out so instead used Skype and that worked
Old 5 Nov 20, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Rose89
Helping Minnie

So I rang at exactly midday when the passholder lines opened and got through in 10 minutes this time. The agent I spoke to was lovely and spent about 10 minutes looking into it for me and was told the only flexibility she could offer was to cancel from the end of this week onwards for my remaining validity which is currently until February, so not even back dating the refund. Told her that wouldn't work for us and asked if there was anything else, mentioned that others have had theirs extended further and she said no, asked if there was anything else she could help with and then hung up on me 😟 Maybe I'll ring again on my next day off work?
Disappointed in that response though...
Old 6 Nov 20, 01:49 AM  
Link to this Post
gh015c4116
Excited about Disney

Send an email thats how i got my offer explain you were due to come back and still cant travel and that you do hope to go back next year,
ask them to see if they could make your tickets available for then
gh015c4116 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 20, 04:26 AM  
Link to this Post
boo2
Imagineer

boo2's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by gh015c4116 View Post
Send an email thats how i got my offer explain you were due to come back and still cant travel and that you do hope to go back next year,
ask them to see if they could make your tickets available for then
What email address did you use please. I’ve emailed twice and been told to phone but haven’t got round to it yet.
Old 6 Nov 20, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
gh015c4116
Excited about Disney

The annual pass one ,
Tell them you cant wait on the phone line and that your very let down , That Universal have managed to pause passes and your unable to use the pass as your unable to get back there until they reopen for flights ect.
Tell them you are planning to go back, next year .
The other person on here who got there passes extended an extra year on top too, had to email 2/3 times to get it sorted to,
They can do it , you just need a person willing to help and for the cost of the passes another email is worth it.
Old 6 Nov 20, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
stace
Imagineer

Hi all,

After a message from gh015c4116 re my AP i emailed disney again and asked for a supervisor to look into it - and i also got mine extended till next year.

Just explain it is not that you do not want to go but that the borders are not open so its physically impossible and that you had been planning on using you ap on a number of trips before your ap cancelled had it not been for covid.

good luck
Stacey
stace is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 20, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
EmmaBolan
Apprentice Imagineer

I've had such a bad experience with the annual pass line and trying to get through, trying seven or eight times and sitting waiting for an hour at time. I reached out to them to say I couldn't get through, could someone ring me and they said no we cant, despite them telling me I needed to call as soon as possible. I tried and tried with them until I hit a point where I was about to loose it, dropped Disney and email and copied in Bob Chapek - had a response within half an hour saying someone from the passholder team would reach out to me. Three days later I'm still waiting but going to give them a week and then I'll be emailing and copying him in again. Feels to me they are just trying to get out refunding, told them how disappointed I was in the way UK passholders had been treated - no communications whatsoever from them throughout this whole time, americas got a free magnet (we didnt), not that I have anywhere to put one but it's the principle
EmmaBolan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List