Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 24 Dec 20, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
xXxSammi88xXx
VIP Dibber

Mobile Floods

Anyone else affected by the flooding? Our town is flooded so hubby has just gone out to see if theres any way he can still get to work today.I’m supposed to be having all my xmas meat and veg delivered today from the local farm shop but dont know if they will be able to come now. Oh well freezer buffet food for christmas lunch!

Lots of people asking for sandbags on local facebook page. Feel so sorry for people having to deal with this aswell as everything else going on especially on christmas eve!
Old 24 Dec 20, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
South East Wales got hammered. Some shops in Newport the water is up to the top of the counters!

My Neighbour has borrowed my pump and has his and mine pumping his garden out

Mind you the houses cannot flood in a thousand years it's just the gardens are lower lying.

BBC News picture of Newport.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976

Edited at 08:20 AM.
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 20, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

The village where my son and daughter live has been flooded, my son in law was making up sandbags last night. We should have been going there today but obviously that isn't happening now.
This year just keeps on giving doesn't it?
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 20, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

It’s bad here in the south west. So many of my colleagues are affected and a few couldn’t get home last night and one got stuck in her car. A friend said her shop is under water. Worst possible time fo the year after a rubbish year
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 20, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
disney_l81
Very Serious Dibber

Took me 4 hours to get home last night from Cardiff to sully- had to abandon the car in penarth and walk the rest of the way home - was absolute chaos. Homes in our village flooded where they never have before. Terrible.
disney_l81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 20, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
cherub85
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

A lot of flooding in Northants too, the little town where my school is has flooded badly but the community have really come together putting out sand bags and the local cafe opened up to provide a warm refuge!
cherub85 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 20, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
leenkerri
Imagineer

Mobile

We had it pretty bad here in The Fens. A lot of houses around me got flooded. The Tesco express in St Ives has major flood damage got a few feet of water apparently.

Lee: QIP 1990; Fantasy world villas 1992; QIP 1996
Lee & Kerri: QIP 2008; QIP/AKL 2009; POR 2010; QIP/SSR 2011
leenkerri is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 20, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by leenkerri View Post
We had it pretty bad here in The Fens. A lot of houses around me got flooded. The Tesco express in St Ives has major flood damage got a few feet of water apparently.
I love St Ives, there's are restaurant there we have been known to frequent.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 20, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
duncanb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cherub85 View Post
A lot of flooding in Northants too, the little town where my school is has flooded badly but the community have really come together putting out sand bags and the local cafe opened up to provide a warm refuge!
Yep at Top end at the Welland Valley very bad.
See Billing Aquadrome being evacuated at this time then again it does flood here regularly.
Corby really bad last night loads of roads shut.
Brigstock and Geddington took a battering.

Welland at Northants Rutland border or the new Welland reservoir.