Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Closed Thread

Old 25 Nov 20, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
Wow. The Steak looks a tad overcooked, but other than that .. WOW!
Originally Posted by SussexFamily View Post
Yes you need to have it well done ... I couldn’t do rare..
It would be really tough rare - it's beef short rib on the bone, probably slow cooked and falling off the bone tender hopefully.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 20, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
It would be really tough rare - it's beef short rib on the bone, probably slow cooked and falling off the bone tender hopefully.
I bow to your 'meat' knowledge...
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 20, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Perhaps I should try to replicate the fantastic steak burger of Sussex Family using some Fillet that I have in my freezer, left over from when I did Tornedos Rossini at a recent dinner party (delicious).

I can have the best of both worlds then with the blood dripping down into the bun.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 20, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Perhaps I should try to replicate the fantastic steak burger of Sussex Family using some Fillet that I have in my freezer, left over from when I did Tornedos Rossini at a recent dinner party (delicious).

I can have the best of both worlds then with the blood dripping down into the bun.
Pictures when you do please, sounds delish

I might try and do the short rib version, it's my one of my favourite cuts.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 20, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Pictures when you do please, sounds delish

I might try and do the short rib version, it's my one of my favourite cuts.
Let us hope that this thread is still running tomorrow, then!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 20, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
MillyMoo
Imagineer

I have a friend who is vegan and she doesn't say things.like this. She realises that it is everyone's personal choice and what she does is her business and what everybody else chooses to do isnt.
You have to do what is right for you, if that is being a vegan then that's great, if eating meat is right for you then that's also great, but people have their own minds and their own opinions nobody is right and nobody is wrong, just do what works for you and yours!
MillyMoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 20, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
LostPrincess
Serious Dibber

Sorry guys if you want to discuss meat beyond the question asked in the thread please can you take it to another thread? I don't want to impose any of my feelings on anyone else but I definitely did not start this thread to see pictures of burgers and for you to dicuss meat beyond an answer to the question and I'm not sure that this is the right place.

Absolutely no disrespect intended, everyone is entitled to freedom of speech, I'm just in a very sensitive place regarding my diet right now and I would really appreciate that conversation happening elsewhere especially when so many vegans and veggies have kindly shared their experiences here.
LostPrincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 20, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
dizneemad
VIP Dibber

No I don't and I doubt that view will ever change.
Old 25 Nov 20, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

I believe that when people take a fundamental change in direction in their life, born again Christians, Vegans, reformed Alcoholics, reformed Drug abusers etc, then they sometimes feel a need to ‘spread the world’ zealously. Whilst I fully understand how important that subject may be to that person, not everybody wants to join them in the life change.

The below is not intended to insult, but is maybe a reflection on what I am trying to say, better than I can articulate it.

Edited at 06:39 PM.
Old 25 Nov 20, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
LostPrincess
Serious Dibber

I believe that when people take a fundamental change in direction in their life, born again Christians, Vegans, reformed Alcoholics, reformed Drug abusers etc, then they sometimes feel a need to ‘spread the world’ zealously. Whilst I fully understand how important that subject may be to that person, not everybody wants to join them in the life change.

The below is not intended to insult, but is maybe a reflection on what I am trying to say, better than I can articulate it.

If you need to add a disclaimer that something isn't intended as an insult then maybe it shouldn't be posted.

I respect and understand your point, I don't think you need to elaborate anymore.

Edit: for the record, if I am being accused of spreading the word zealously I'm afraid you have misunderstood my thread as I have not made any decision on my diet yet

Edited at 07:08 PM.
LostPrincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread