Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 8 Dec 20, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
MatJohnson
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Gabsnoot View Post
I’ve got to be honest, I have no experience of it at all but I have read a few horror stories which have made me a wee bit sceptical

I realise you can find horror stories about most things if you look hard enough though
Just wondered

Most of the horror stories you tend to hear are the off-site M&G (parking on other streets, lost keys etc). I personally use official M&G whenever I can, it's so much easier than messing about with busses.
MatJohnson is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 20, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Wolf1984
Imagineer

I'm considering Virgin flights which are out of T2 but no matter where I look I can't find and M&G for T2.

Any ideas? Is T1 or T3 a trek from T2? The APH transfer service looks reasonable too.
Wolf1984 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 20, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Gabsnoot
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Wolf1984 View Post
I'm considering Virgin flights which are out of T2 but no matter where I look I can't find and M&G for T2.

Any ideas? Is T1 or T3 a trek from T2? The APH transfer service looks reasonable too.
I was getting T2 meet & greet prices when I was checking previously but when I looked today, after reading the good reviews on this thread, it’s no longer coming up as an option for my dates. Not sure why.

We’ve never flown from Manchester before so I’m not sure how far away the other terminals are... I’m not much help, sorry.
Gabsnoot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 20, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

I was getting T2 meet & greet prices when I was checking previously but when I looked today, after reading the good reviews on this thread, it’s no longer coming up as an option for my dates. Not sure why.

We’ve never flown from Manchester before so I’m not sure how far away the other terminals are... I’m not much help, sorry.
T2 is closed until further notice, I've booked T1 as VS flights are currently operating from there. T2 is walkable from T1 but I'm sure MAN will be happy to switch any parking from T1 to T2 once it opens. Cancellation protection is free too so you can always cancel for a full refund and rebook if necessary.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 20, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Gabsnoot
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
T2 is closed until further notice, I've booked T1 as VS flights are currently operating from there. T2 is walkable from T1 but I'm sure MAN will be happy to switch any parking from T1 to T2 once it opens. Cancellation protection is free too so you can always cancel for a full refund and rebook if necessary.
That explains it, thank you.

We’re not flying till July, do you know if it’s likely that Virgin will still be flying out of T1 by then? Do you know if it’s a change due to COVID/reduced passenger numbers?
Gabsnoot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 20, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

That explains it, thank you.

We’re not flying till July, do you know if it’s likely that Virgin will still be flying out of T1 by then? Do you know if it’s a change due to COVID/reduced passenger numbers?
No probs, It's all down to reduced passenger/flight numbers.

The reopening of T2 depends on many more flights resuming, I wouldn't like to guess a date but hopefully the vaccination roll out will mean it's next year sometime.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 20, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Gabsnoot
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
No probs, It's all down to reduced passenger/flight numbers.

The reopening of T2 depends on many more flights resuming, I wouldn't like to guess a date but hopefully the vaccination roll out will mean it's next year sometime.
Thank you...keeping my fingers crossed, it would be lovely to see some normality coming back!
Old 13 Dec 20, 03:41 AM  
Link to this Post
MTEC
Being a bit Goofy

Last week virgin told me they're actually flying out of terminal 1 atm and don't know if/when they'll move back to t2.
MTEC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 20, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Dendycat
VIP Dibber

Dendycat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
Originally Posted by MTEC View Post
Last week virgin told me they're actually flying out of terminal 1 atm and don't know if/when they'll move back to t2.
They’ll need to move back at some point. They’ve just built a new club house and redesigned the v-lounge in T2. Manchester airport have spent millions extending T2 and are planning on moving all operations to T2 and demolishing T1 at some point in the future. Obviously covid has had a big impact on the timing but I can’t imagine that they’ll abandon T2 plans.
Old 14 Dec 20, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
boomie
slightly serious Dibber

I was the same as you regarding using the M&G but I would 100% recommend the official M&G at Manchester Airport. We have used it about 3 or 4 times and the whole service from start to finish is professional, very well organised and efficient.
Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge - Dec 2017
Disney Dream Cruise & Disney's Boardwalk 2018
boomie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List