Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 19 Jan 21, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by gismo1554 View Post
Completely get it. This is the trouble we've got too trying to work out which holidays now take over especially as I turned 40 last year so missed by celebration and now my sisters 20th wedding anniversary is this year so she wants to do something for that. I feel its a really hard one and don't envy you trying to work this out.
This is why we completely cancelled our cruise. We were originally booked for May 20 as a pre holiday for my 50th in December. That was cancelled so we moved to May 21 and was going to be my dh 50th onboard as well as our 20th wedding anniversary. Cancelled again. But now if had moved it to May 22 it’s encroaching on holidays we had planned for then, also it’s not a special occasion any more. And we had used our original extra 25% credit to move to Queens grill but to keep this cabin was then going to cost an extra £1200 and we didn’t want to go back down a grade. So best thing for us was just to cancel. It’s been and gone now. Time for us to move on.
Sandraoh40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 21, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
We have moved July this year to April next. Even in the event the cruise did sail it would be a very different experience.
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 21, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

Just moved our May cruise on the Dream to May next year.
Originally scheduled for May last year moved to this year now booked for next year.
As the price was cheaper now have enough credit for morning coffee ☕ and evening cocktail 🍹.
Old 27 Jan 21, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordieprincess
Apprentice Imagineer

April Disney cruise was cancelled today. Glad the decision was taken away from me before we had to commit.
I can’t face planning it for a 4th time :-(
Geordieprincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 21, 08:12 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Geordieprincess View Post
April Disney cruise was cancelled today. Glad the decision was taken away from me before we had to commit.
I can’t face planning it for a 4th time :-(
Yeah I'm on cruise cancellation 5 from another cruise line and having to replan is a nightmare (As we took FCC at the beginning of all of this when we thought things would pick up by early this year we are now stuck having to keep rebooking as FCC isn't covered by ATOL unless its placed on a cruise). I feel like I'm forever planning for something that isn't going to happen and am getting more and more haphazard with it all
Old 28 Jan 21, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

We have a june 4th fjords with princess, pretty sure that wont go, we need to pay balance in 2 weeks so will probably just move deposit to next year, we have a nov Caribbean one moved from last year and I'm not confident that will go either
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 21, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
pinkbelle
Imagineer

Dare I say I am feeling a tiny bit optimistic for some cruise ships sailing from Southampton this year. Not sure where they will go, or if I will be on them, (before Autumn) but feeling hopeful.

My mil age 70 and my auntie also 70 have their first vaccinations today and tomorrow and their 2nd doses on the 19th and 20th April. So will be as protected as they can be by Mid May.
I’m not sure what the average age of a cruise ship passenger is during term time but I don’t think it will be far off that. So there will be passengers ready and willing to travel .

As soon as we are vaccinated, not until groups 8&9 would happily embark and sail around the Isle of Wight!
pinkbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 21, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
pinkbelle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mickeyspal View Post
We have a june 4th fjords with princess, pretty sure that wont go, we need to pay balance in 2 weeks so will probably just move deposit to next year, we have a nov Caribbean one moved from last year and I'm not confident that will go either
I think it might go, that’s my optimism this morning the 70+ age group will be vaccinated by then. I’m just not sure I will be on it
pinkbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 21, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
pinkbelle
Imagineer

So my DH, just poured water on my enthusiasm! Reminding me the crew may not be as fortunate with vaccines in their countries, and would need to get here. So I am back to feeling Who knows!
Old 1 Feb 21, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by pinkbelle View Post
So my DH, just poured water on my enthusiasm! Reminding me the crew may not be as fortunate with vaccines in their countries, and would need to get here. So I am back to feeling Who knows!
So this is a strange one I agree. I guess we wont know what cruise lines are doing about this until nearer the time to when they start re sailing. Maybe they will have a policy where they somehow make people get vaccinated somewhere where they can pay for vaccines or contribute towards them? Its a hard one as surely there are so many nationalities and so many different factors to whether you have the jab or not at the moment that it would be hard to see how the entire crew could be vaccinated unless the cruiseline itself arranged it.