Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 4 Jan 21, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post

So we tend to eat at the table sans phones most of the time but are not beyond having a takeaway on our laps or sandwiches hovvering in the kitchen.

We would expect the kids to make a reasonable fist of the food that's put in front of them. I cannot abide waste.

But then they are often involved in the discussion on what it is and the cooking of it too. So if they don't like it it's their own fault. Sometimes I have to bite My own tongue and eat the stuff I am served. But it's all served with love so that is the main thing !

That said, if they have said they are going to be here for tea, and the food has been cooked or is on its way I would be unhappy if they turned thier noses up at it and ordered takeaway instead. It's not the food so much as the effort, the bad manners, and the waste.

I could be too easily convinced to join them in the takeaway is the problem 😂

Edited at 11:39 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 21, 03:12 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
My eldest is 22 she always eats what I cook , she’s never been a fan of fast food really .
She will have a take away at weekends if we all do usually a curry though . She’d never choose a McDonalds or KFC .

Youngest is 18 , he will sometimes text me to say not to do his tea he’s getting himself something on the way home from work .

He’s a adult earns a good wage upto him what he does with his money .

No food upstairs in bedrooms though , that’s something we’ve never allowed
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 21, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

My two are 20 and 15 and only eat takeaway if we order Indian food. We don’t eat McDonalds and dd wouldn’t eat it anyhow as it makes her feel ill. I really enjoy cooking and have always cooked from scratch, even when they were weaning, I would steam and purée organic veg for them and make and batch freeze a range of meals. I usually say what meals I am planning for the week before I shop and dd and dh will throw in ideas of meals we maybe haven’t had for a while. DS isn’t bothered what I cook, he hoovers up whatever I put in front of him! They generally eat what I cook, otherwise they would be cooking for themselves in future.😂

Edited at 08:05 AM.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 21, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

We sit down once a week and plan the meals for the week. It is at this time anyone can object or say what they fancy and once its in the board than thats it. The shopping is based in the meal plan. Sometimes our eldest says she does not want something so she then cooks for herself but we all still eat at the same time.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List