Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 14 Jan 21, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

We eat low carbs and no ultra processed food during the week but relax this at weekends. So I’d say we have treats 1-2 times a week.
At present this is a total lie. 🤣🤣
I am seriously struggling to get myself back into a pattern after all the Christmas crap. I feel lethargic and a bit rubbish tbh.
I need to get a grip

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 21, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
sbuck93
Apprentice Imagineer

I eat treats everyday, usually chocolate but I don't have a large amount and I don't eat that much during the day anyway.

Vegas.Disney.MCFC
sbuck93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 21, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

It depends on whether I'm 'being good'! From the start of lockdown until the end of last year my eating and drinking habits really went off the rails and I'd say I'd be having what has been described as treats a few times a day. Plus alcohol most evenings. Lockdown hasn't been kind to my waistline.

Since 1st Jan, I've been really trying to eat and drink as I know I should. I've been having an Options hot chocolate in the evening as my only real treat. Snacks have been carrot sticks or fruit and I've been drinking water and peppermint tea.
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 21, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

I'm an 80's working class child and we hardly had any treats (or so my memory tells me, my mum might beg to differ). Fizzy pop or orange juice was in a small glass after tea. If we drank it all it wouldn't be replaced until shopping day. Chocolate was usually a Penguin, Viscount or Wagon Wheel and McDonalds was a treat at birthdays. I would love Easter and Christmas as I would get lots of chocolate and sweets and they'd be hidden from my sisters so they couldn't steal them!

I've got nieces and nephews and they're spoilt in comparison! A selection of cans of pop always in the cupboard, snack drawers filled with sweets, biscuits, chocolate and crisps, money to go to the shop, magazines, sticker book stickers.
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 21, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
zoe3003
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Beth_Disney View Post
It depends on whether I'm 'being good'! From the start of lockdown until the end of last year my eating and drinking habits really went off the rails and I'd say I'd be having what has been described as treats a few times a day. Plus alcohol most evenings. Lockdown hasn't been kind to my waistline.

Since 1st Jan, I've been really trying to eat and drink as I know I should. I've been having an Options hot chocolate in the evening as my only real treat. Snacks have been carrot sticks or fruit and I've been drinking water and peppermint tea.
I could have written this - oh my god isn’t this dull and it’s going to be such a long lockdown😢
I did break today and have cheese and biscuits for dinner, which I consider a treat!
SSR & RPR Aug 15
zoe3003 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 21, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Originally Posted by Beth_Disney View Post

I put on a lot of weight in lockdown 1. Like you I like a glass (or bottle) of wine and I found I was treating every day like the weekend, my structure had gone and I was home all day snacking. I was really active, but just consuming too many calories
I started healthy eating in lockdown 2, and did really well, but did take a break for Christmas as I was off work for over 2 weeks.
Got straight back on it 4th jan. dry January, no sweet stuff

In answer to the original question

Fizzy drinks - never. I have never even tasted a coke or Pepsi product.
Cake - pretty much never. I find it sickly, especially birthday cake type cake.
Chocolate - outside of a diet maybe once a week, I don’t have a big sweet tooth so cutting it out completely is no issue
Biscuits - I just can’t buy biscuits in as once I start I eat the whole packet 🙈
Sausage rolls - I like them, but would never buy them. So maybe like someone else said on a buffet etc. Might have a cheese and onion pasty at the football.
Crisps - probably almost daily, but I do try to buy ‘healthier’ crisps. Currently quavers at 86 cals a pack and include them in my calories

Wine is definitely my vice. After dry January I will get back to drinking only on weekends

Edited at 10:27 AM.
mitch84 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 21, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

We only drink full fat fizzy if we are in Florida to be honest 😂 that’s only me as well because I tendon op for sprite and Fanta where as OH will opt for Diet Coke. He’s given up Diet Coke as he really would drink far too much of it all the time, 2 weeks in and he’s done great! I don’t drink fizzy at home, I might have lemonade with vodka or in a cocktail if we are out though - we don’t live in an area where you can get public transport or walk for a meal/night out so usually I’m driving.

At the moment we are still eating Christmas chocolates - so each night after dinner we have one hero’s each. Fits nicely into weight watchers. We don’t buy “desserts” so we only have that when we go out for dinner. We have packets of crisps in the house for work lunches but they’ve not been touched since before Christmas as we aren’t working.

Sausage rolls - Christmas 😂 I only like the party frozen cook at home ones so never buy them.

We don’t go to greggs/costa/Starbucks etc unless we’re on a weekend away and want to grab a quick lunch there is a possibility we might have a greggs in 2 weeks as we are helping May parents move house (it’s allowed we’ve checked!) so they may get us one for ease.

Take aways are very rare now, we used to have them maybe 2x a month, now we have one planned for the 13th feb and that will be the first one this year and probably the last until May!

Cake - we don’t really bake (we did in lockdown one!), and I don’t buy cake so really it’s only birthdays and maybe the odd occasion.

Biscuits - OH will eat a packet and think nothing of it so I don’t buy them 😂 Tesco Clubcard gave him away when I did an online shop a couple of years ago and it told me I was missing chocolate hobnobs - a regular item I apparently bought 😂

Alcohol - I very rarely drink, I don’t like the taste of wine or beer, I might have the odd one at a meal out. We made cocktails over Christmas but in a 2 weeks period I have 3 😂

We weigh everything we eat though, so if I wanted to eat a whole days worth of points (weight watchers) in chocolate i could - and then I wouldn’t eat anything else. Not ideal! And not something I’ve done I might add 😂 but if it fits with the points and I want it, we’ll have it. We might have a tiny amount though just to have some and make it fit. We shared a galaxy caramel cake bar that we had left from Christmas. It was too many points to have the whole thing and I didn’t want to waste it. So we cut it in half
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪

Edited at 10:51 AM.
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 21, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
There is no “full fat” coke 🤔😂😂 full sugar coke yes but it has no fat lol.

As a child every now and then when he went to the ice cream van my dad would bring a packet of rolos for us as a great .

What I remember most as a child is that we knew my dad got up at an unearthly hour for work (7am) 😆
When my brother and I got up there would be a little piece of paper with our names on it with a 2p each for us some days .
Fifty years later I still remember this.

We were lucky if we got a single pack of crisps now all I see is multi packs
Old 15 Jan 21, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mitch84 View Post
I put on a lot of weight in lockdown 1. Like you I like a glass (or bottle) of wine and I found I was treating every day like the weekend, my structure had gone and I was home all day snacking. I was really active, but just consuming too many calories
I started healthy eating in lockdown 2, and did really well, but did take a break for Christmas as I was off work for over 2 weeks.
Got straight back on it 4th jan. dry January, no sweet stuff

In answer to the original question

Fizzy drinks - never. I have never even tasted a coke or Pepsi product.
Cake - pretty much never. I find it sickly, especially birthday cake type cake.
Chocolate - outside of a diet maybe once a week, I don’t have a big sweet tooth so cutting it out completely is no issue
Biscuits - I just can’t buy biscuits in as once I start I eat the whole packet 🙈
Sausage rolls - I like them, but would never buy them. So maybe like someone else said on a buffet etc. Might have a cheese and onion pasty at the football.
Crisps - probably almost daily, but I do try to buy ‘healthier’ crisps. Currently quavers at 86 cals a pack and include them in my calories

Wine is definitely my vice. After dry January I will get back to drinking only on weekends
I'm finding that healthier eating when working from home is easier than then I'm going out to work. We still have lots of treats and drinks left over from Christmas but I've stayed away. I find that having breakfast at 11, lunch at 3 and tea at 7 stops me snacking mid-afternoon.

I've signed up to WW so tracking points and planning and preparing healthy meals is giving me something to do during lockdown. I'm determined to complete dry January this year. We'd usually go away for a weekend mid-Jan so I haven't got that temptation this year.
Old 15 Jan 21, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMadMummy
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I drink coke zero every day 🙊🙈 that's my addiction. Don't like full fat.

Crisps, cakes, biscuits, sausage rolls are all rarities for me. I don't view them as treats, they're just not a big thing for me.

Chocolate is an odd one though. I can go through a time where I want it all the time, then I won't touch it for weeks.

But I do have pudding every day. Always under 2-300 calories (allowance allowing). It usually involves jelly, meringues or custard 😂