Notices
UK Holiday Planning & Days Out For UK Holiday planning and experiences

Old 18 Jan 21, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Ariel85
Getting Excited

Mobile Pembrokeshire recommendations

Despite the grisly subject, after watching The Pembrokeshire Murders I’ve decided it looks like a lovely part of the UK and would love to visit.

Thinking of renting a cottage in the summer (COVID dependant of course) and wondered if anyone had any recommendations on good areas to stay/things to do etc? Ive never been to Wales so am a bit clueless!

It would be myself, hubby and just turned 2 year old. We love castles, national trust properties, gardens etc but would also visit the beach.

Thanks!
Ariel85 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 21, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
ali-s
VIP Dibber

I love Tenby, though we haven't been for a few years. Last time we stayed in Broadhaven as I wanted to do a boat trip to Skomer to see the puffins. There are some nice walks along the coast path, the beaches are gorgeous and there are plenty of towns to explore. There is Pembroke castle and Oakwood theme park is not too far.
Mexico 2010, Easter in Mexico Trip Index
ESD Pointe Orlando, Palm Pavilion Clearwater, RPR August 2012
Costa Rica July 2015 Pura Vida! trip report
South Africa 2017 trip report
ali-s is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 21, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
wombat248
Helping Minnie

You need to go to Folly farm with a child of that age. Tenby is great but busy. I go every year so if you any specific questions please ask. Good castles. Manorbier Pembroke Carew is nice a wreck but good walks and a water mill a short walk a way. Also Pendine beach you can drive your car on. St Davids. Uk smallest city. Amazing Cathedral and the Bishops pub is great but make sure you book.
wombat248 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 21, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

I follow a holiday park on Instagram called Florence Springs in Tenby and it looks so beautiful. The lodges are huge and modern and the location looks so nice.
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 21, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
TINKERBELL44
Apprentice Imagineer

We have a caravan in Pendine Sands, there’s so much near by Tenby, Saundersfoot, Folly Farm, Oakwood Park, Carmarthen etc. You’ll be spoilt for choice xxx
TINKERBELL44 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 21, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
disluns
New Poster (4)

Bluestone is a lovely place to stay, it's similar to a centre parks with lodges. lots of stuff to do onsite, next door to Oakwood theme park and a short drive to beaches etc.
disluns is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 21, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Ariel85
Getting Excited

Mobile

Thanks all, this is really helpful! Lots to research here but looking forward to being able to plan something (hopefully!).
Ariel85 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 21, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
ElsasGloves
Very Serious Dibber

Definitely recommend bluestone as a great place to take a 2 year old, it’s full of activities, parks, swimming, nature trails and is so close to Tenby, Narberth, Saundersfoot.
Take a look at bluestonewales
ElsasGloves is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 21, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Daisy_Do_72
slightly serious Dibber

I live in Tenby, also have a holiday let. Although it’s fully booked until September. Last summer was crazy busy, but we are close enought to enjoy the bits you like but far enough away if it’s too mad.
Going to be another busy summer, if visitors allowed.
I’ll recommend st florence, folly farm also starting holiday accommodation which looks amazing, it a lovely day out even as adults, but tonnes to do with kids.
If I can help please pm me I’m happy to help out.
Daisy_Do_72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 21, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Ariel85
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by Daisy_Do_72 View Post
I live in Tenby, also have a holiday let. Although it’s fully booked until September. Last summer was crazy busy, but we are close enought to enjoy the bits you like but far enough away if it’s too mad.
Going to be another busy summer, if visitors allowed.
I’ll recommend st florence, folly farm also starting holiday accommodation which looks amazing, it a lovely day out even as adults, but tonnes to do with kids.
If I can help please pm me I’m happy to help out.
Thank you so much! We would probably visit end June/very beginning of July. Hoping to try and avoid crowds as much as possible but still hopefully get some nice weather.

I’m currently looking at a cottage in Milford Haven - would you say this is a good location? I’m keen on this one as it has a hot tub, is dog friendly and also has all the child safety stuff we need bit would definitely look at other places if you have any recommendations!