Notices

Old 5 Oct 16, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
EmmaBolan
Apprentice Imagineer

….“I’m Actually Going At Christmas! December 2016 Trip”

….“I’m Actually Going At Christmas! December 2016 Trip”

Part 1 – The Cast

So here I go, my second trip report! I wrote my first one on my last trip to Florida (“We Can’t Miss Dunkin Donuts Out This Time June 2013”) after my Dad (dbolan) started one & never finished it for a previous trip (“And Then There Were Seven July 2011”) I really enjoyed writing it & even now I still love to sit down & read it all again. Originally me & my family thought we might have gone to Orlando 2015, but unfortunately we couldn’t! After seeing the Disney Magic in Liverpool, we decided that next September, 2017, we would be going back……However, one trip I have always wanted to do is Disneyland Paris at Christmas. After saving up a lot over the summer in my new job I decided I could afford it. Finding one of my friends who was willing to go was difficult & it looked like the trip wasn’t going to happen, despite the great prices! A few months back I started chatting to Emma (emsparkles) on here & realising we lived very close to each other, we’ve become good friends & it’s fab having someone I can just hang out with & talk Disney! When I went to Em’s last week, we were chatting about a trip in December, we were both meant to be going with friends, however neither friends could make it……which is how this trip came about.

So here’s our cast
Me – Emma, 23 – Nursery Assistant & Early Childhood Student. Lover of everything Disney & boybands/Shane Filan. Two years ago I moved from Liverpool to Leeds into my own flat and started studying again after a few years out, I'm loving it! Known to take too many selfies, my brother & dad constantly take the Mickey Sorry couldn’t resist! Frequent visitor to WDW & DLP! Known to say stupid things, I used to have blonde hair that was my excuse, it’s now brown but nothing’s changed. I still come out with the stupidest things! Rollercoaster fanatic. My favourite character is Jiminy Cricket and my favourite ride is BTMRR.

Unfortunately this year hasn’t been the best for me, I was very unwell myself back at the start of the year, there was a lot of stress at university & also the house I live(some of you may have seen my threads in general chat!) I ended up having all my assignments deferred & I was signed off work for 2 & a half months. Mum’s Dad also took very ill back in January & we didn’t think he was ever going to come home. As I sit writing this now, my Grandad is now back home and doing very well, I am one very proud Granddaughter. I recently found out I passed all my deferred assignments & begun my final year, I’m a lot better & finally off my tablets, I also started a new job at the beginning of June which I am loving. This trip is going to be something for me to really look forward & I definitely think I deserve it.

Bit about Emma by Emma herself….
Emma (Emsparkles) – 29 – Marketing Manager for a Mechanical & Electrical products Distribution Company (which happens to be my family business). Im an Ex cast member (White Rose Centre Leeds Disney Store) & a major Disney enthusiast of the Parks & the films. I also love musical theatre & love performing in shows with my theatre company in my spare time. I live on my own after buying my first house last year. My living room is inspired by Adventureland and the Polynesian Resort which I think says it all…

I have had many trips to WDW & DLP in my life with family & friends & I have also visited DL in Anaheim. Biggest dream is to have visited every Disney theme park in the world. Known to be a crazy Disney trivia knowledge expert & a Disney vlogs ‘youtube’aholic. Favourite Character is Ariel & Disney film is Beauty and the Beast. Favourite Disney resort is The Boardwalk Inn & Villas & attraction is The Enchanted Tiki Room.

I started this year off in January with no plans to visit any of the Disney parks as I was gearing up to be booking & planning for my big 30th Birthday blow out trip in 2017 to WDW for two weeks. However due to a bit of luck I managed to snag a sneaky 1 week trip to WDW in March this year courtesy of my parents, I also booked for my 30th birthday trip (WDW, 25th Feb to 11th March, Boardwalk Villas & DDP!) in May and have now booked for DLP in December with Emma. I don’t think I’ve ever been in a position where I have both trips to WDW and DLP actually booked but I’m relishing in it!

Part 2 – When, Where & What!

We fly from Leeds Bradford with Jet2 on Monday 12th December & fly back on Thursday 15th December. We don’t have any transfers booked yet, so if anyone can recommend a company or the best way……

We are staying at the Santa Fe. Going near to Christmas is something I've wanted to do for a long time... I really cannot wait!

I’ve also booked my travel insurance.

We’ll be spending our 4 days in both parks, I’d really like to do a bit of Christmas shopping whilst I’m there too. We don’t have anything planned, as such, yet, I really cannot wait for this trip though!

Things left to do:
Renew EHIC card
• Book transfers
• Change money

I have a small list of things I need/would like to buy:
Waterproof/ski type coat
• Hat/gloves/scarf
• Boots
• Minnie Ears
• Backpack

I bought a cute t-shirt in Sports Direct at the weekend to go under my jumper & coat…

My Disney countdown also arrived on Monday too which I’ve put up in my kitchen!

Once we’ve made some plans I’ll update this

Edited at 05:57 PM.
EmmaBolan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 16, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
EmmaBolan
Apprentice Imagineer

Update
So we only have 3 weeks to go! I’m beyond excited. Things are super crazy with work & university, I have a few deadlines I need to meet before they are due as I’ll be enjoying Disney on the hand-in dates!
(This is how most of my days are looking at the moment, coffee & assignment writing)

We discussed booking the half board plan so that it was paid for & we didn’t have to worry about that money while we were there….however after looking at what was actually available on it we decided against it, as Emma S really wanted to have lunch at Walt’s one day. So we sat down & did a look planning for places to eat & our budget. We’ve decided on;
Day 1 – Dinner at Café Mickey
Day 2 – Lunch at Walt’s
(Should I be calling up DLP & booking these now?)
Day 3 – Nothing planned yet, however I’ve found a good deal for Planet Hollywood, so I just need to see what Emma thinks.

Any other lunch/dinner we need will just be a counter service.

I’ve also recently renewed my EHIC card.

I’ve booked our transfers. Originally we planned to use the TGV but after looking at the times, it just didn’t fit in with us so we’ve decided to book a private transfer. I went with RS Transports in the end 102euro return.

I’ve changed some of my money through Asda, however I got more for my birthday so need to change the rest!

I bought some lovely green & red Minnie ears too.

Finally, I’ve bought a lot of the things I wanted. I got a nice new Karrimor coat in Sports Direct. I’ve also just taken advantage of the double discount we have on at work & have bought myself thermals & thermal socks, a new top with Mickey & Minnie on which is very Christmassy, along with a hat & gloves. I got a lovely scarf for my birthday off my Mum & Dad so I’ll be taking that.
(That's not the top from asda, I saw that in Primark & thought it was cute. Won't be able to see them under my jumpers but I still want them )

I had some of my DIBB friends up visiting me in Leeds last weekend which was such a great weekend & Lynz brought us some super cute gifts back from Orlando, one them being this flannel so I'm going to keep it new & take it away

I still need to find a decent backpack, I just don’t want to pay a lot as I won’t really use it again.

Online check-in opened on Monday too, we haven’t done it yet as we’ve both been super busy but should be able to get that done this week coming up
EmmaBolan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List