Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 4 Jan 20, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
LittleMissusR
VIP Dibber

Mobile LA/Disneyland first timers!

Hello!
Heading to LA and Orlando in March and although done DW lots, we are newbies to LA. What are your tips and must dos for LA and Disneyland?
Thanks in advance!
LittleMissusR is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 20, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Top tip if you are driving.. The place always seemed gridlocked, particularly the I5 and getting anywhere took an age. Leave big margins if you need to be in a place at a time. Be very aware of the traditional rush hour periods.

The Reagan Library in the Simi Valley is brilliant if you are of ‘that age’.

A night on RMS Queen Mary is a fab experience if you find Long Beach figuring in your planning.

USS Iowa is absolutely magnificent.

Without being negative, we really didn’t like LA (whilst being really impressed with SFO, Monterey, San Luis Obispo and particularly, San Diego). If down that way again and doing similar , we would travel south from SFO, having once again picked up our car on departure, next to the Bay Bridge ramp, dump our car at San Luis Obispo and fly over LA to get to San Diego, picking up a new hire car on arrival. We absolutely loved California and return at Easter, just not the LA Metropolis.

It may simply be that we are country folk from Cornwall. We have a similar dislike of London, Birmingham, Munich, New York and Miami. All family groups like different things!

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 06:34 PM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 20, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Hi if your going west coast make sure you don’t do just Disney ,I know sacrilege. To much to see west coast to limit yourself.
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 20, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by jdouds View Post
Hi if your going west coast make sure you don’t do just Disney ,I know sacrilege. To much to see west coast to limit yourself.
I totally agree. It’s a small part of a brilliant whole.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 20, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Mobile

How long do you have planned for the LA leg?

Disney can be done in anything from 2-5 days depending on the speed you want to go and whether you are a nook and cranny party.

Disney is 90 minutes south of the.main part of LA with the likes of Hollywood, Universal Studios, Warner Bros Studio Tour etc so consider a split stay.

I would agree just doing these.minimum theme park and tourist is not getting the best out of the West coast, but suspect you won't have the time to do much more.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 20, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
LittleMissusR
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We arrive around lunchtime on the 25th March and leave for Orlando first thing 1st April. Splitting our time 4 nights in Beverly Hills, 3 nights at Disney. Does that seem ok?
LittleMissusR is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 20, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

Mobile

Go to the Beverly Hills Hotel, it's beautiful inside. We had Brunch at Fountain Coffee Room, it was fabulous!
Mrs Red C is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 20, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
LittleMissusR
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Oh thanks! Will add it to the list! Staying at the Wiltshire. Will need to watch pretty woman before I go 😝
Old 7 Jan 20, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

Favourite Disneyland bits are
Beignets
Alice and Toad rides
Royal Fayre Shows - Tangled or Beauty and the Beast, hilarious!

DCA Park
Fantasmic
Guardian's of the Galaxy
Cars Ride (name escapes me at mo) we went single rider a lot as shorter lines
Soarin'

We did some trip reports if you look under my name or under Red Cuillen''s name. (Incs Joshua Tree NP etc from April 2018)
Mrs Red C is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 20, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
LittleMissusR
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Thank you!