Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 3 Aug 19, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Joosebug1987 View Post
Oh... my... god! That Brunch looks incredible! I'm surprised you didn't go back there for the evening for fireworks as we are booking a meal there just for the privilege!

I think I'd have needed a nap after all that booze! One for a future trip I think.

Glad you enjoyed the loo roll lol! x
The brunch was a real highlight of the trip, and I think it will be a must-do for any time we are on the dining plan. We were too wet, soggy and tired to go back for the fireworks - maybe next time!
HelenJNT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 19, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

We had an equally pants table at California Grill last year, I know someone has to sit there but the view is such an important part of the experience there it was a real dampener on brunch for me. We had the same experience with underwhelming mains, and I wish I’d asked to try something else. Glad you had a lovely time.

Adding Lunchables to my snack list, nachos and plastic cheese, what’s not to love!?
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 19, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Cazzius
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Hurrah! Congratulations for finding the only unoccupied restroom in the World!

Cali Grill Brunch is now top of the list for our trip. Who cares that Chris doesn't eat fish or cheese, I'll be happy and I make the bookings, haha!

A shame about the lack of view/music at your table and being stuck by the moaners. If you check the menu and there's nothing you can eat why go and complain?!

Good plan to do the sedate attractions while full of brunch, but unfortunate you couldn't indulge in an unpatriotic nap in the Hall of Presidents due to fear of being told off.

I am going to keep an eye out for those nacho Lunchables, they sound good.

Hopefully your chilled night means tou are fully rested to hit Universal on Day 5... off to read that now.

First Time Floribobs (The Irma Remix) - WDW trip report *Complete*
While The Cat's Away, The Caz Will Play With The Mouse - Solo DLP Trip Report
Cazzius is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 19, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
eleele
Very Serious Dibber

Love your style of writing, I’ve had several laugh out loud moments!

Brunch at the Contemporary looks really good, one for the list definitely.

A great day despite the rain spoiling play at MK, shame you had to go home earlier than planned.
eleele is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
We had an equally pants table at California Grill last year, I know someone has to sit there but the view is such an important part of the experience there it was a real dampener on brunch for me. We had the same experience with underwhelming mains, and I wish I’d asked to try something else. Glad you had a lovely time.

Adding Lunchables to my snack list, nachos and plastic cheese, what’s not to love!?
I actually ended up facing into the room with my back to the window so it wasn't ideal, but hey, never mind. Maybe next time we'll ask for a better table.

Yes to Lunchables. I still think fondly of them now. Such a difference to the rubbish they put out here under the same name.
HelenJNT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Cazzius View Post
Hurrah! Congratulations for finding the only unoccupied restroom in the World!

Cali Grill Brunch is now top of the list for our trip. Who cares that Chris doesn't eat fish or cheese, I'll be happy and I make the bookings, haha!

A shame about the lack of view/music at your table and being stuck by the moaners. If you check the menu and there's nothing you can eat why go and complain?!

Good plan to do the sedate attractions while full of brunch, but unfortunate you couldn't indulge in an unpatriotic nap in the Hall of Presidents due to fear of being told off.

I am going to keep an eye out for those nacho Lunchables, they sound good.

Hopefully your chilled night means tou are fully rested to hit Universal on Day 5... off to read that now.
Thanks! Unoccupied restrooms are a little win in a chaotic world.

I sincerely hope you do manage to score that Brunch reservation. Keeping it all crossed for you! Chris will find plenty other than cheese, I guarantee it.

Yes, the Lunchable was great - if not a Disney snack, it was a pretty decent one!
Old 16 Aug 19, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by eleele View Post
Love your style of writing, I’ve had several laugh out loud moments!

Brunch at the Contemporary looks really good, one for the list definitely.

A great day despite the rain spoiling play at MK, shame you had to go home earlier than planned.
Ahh, that's really kind, thank you. Glad you're enjoying the report.

I wasn't worried about the rain putting us off, for once. After the brunch I was very, very happy to be horizontal!
Old 24 Jan 20, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Just reading through your report, which btw I am loving.

Just a quick question, would you pay for California Grill Brunch if it were a special occasion? I am considering it next year whilst on our honeymoon, as it's my other halves birthday whilst we are out there. I love the sound of the brunch, but it is expensive..

Instagram: kimberlys_journeyy
Youtube: Kimberly's Journey
Orlando 16 - Food Report
We got engaged trip 19 - Food Report
Minnie4Mickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 20, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Minnie4Mickey View Post
Just reading through your report, which btw I am loving.

Just a quick question, would you pay for California Grill Brunch if it were a special occasion? I am considering it next year whilst on our honeymoon, as it's my other halves birthday whilst we are out there. I love the sound of the brunch, but it is expensive..
Hi. I'm so sorry for the delayed response to this.

The brunch is lovely, and for a honeymoon plus birthday special occasion I would definitely splash out. Make sure you request a good table though, we were in the furthest away corner and the view was lacking and we couldn't hear the musicians, which was a shame.

It is expensive but it is lovely. Arrive hungry, pace yourselves, and don't plan anything until a good few hours afterwards!