Old 31 Dec 19, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
You done well with all the rides and snacks today. I actually like how you've done Universal at the end and used the snacks for food there ... such a fab idea!

Oh that's brilliant, so glad to see you've upgraded! It's great not having to pay anything isn't it! We're still trying to figure out how to upgrade our Universal annual passes to AP's again

There's nothing worse than cold food. I had an issue at Wetherspoons a few weeks ago where the bacon was stone cold ... to the point it was white! Apparently 'it's supposed to come like that' so I sent it back politely requested it's at least warmed up as it had clearly been made and stored then chucked on the burger ... sorry for the rant

at Dad having a shave in the toilets. Return food never is as nice is it?

The bat would have freaked me out ... I know they can't harm you but there's just something about them ... I think it's because they're so fast

Another fab report Abby, thank you so so much for sharing. I've loved following along again and I really can't wait for the 2020 report ... oh and the final thoughts ... I hope mum and dad would like to return with you again! Xx
I think if I'd done universal at the start then I'd have been itching to get to WDW the whole time. This way worked out better for us in the end I think plus you're right the mountain of snacks really kept us going so that we only had to buy one big meal each day.

We were all laughing at Dad shaving in the toilets. I wondered why he had taken so long. We were in the bit by the hotel before security near the universal shop. All the rest of us had taken turns to change out of our shorts and into our trackies and he still wasn't back honestly. Then mum put on her anti deep vein thrombosis socks and they are pretty hard to get on so that was a sight to behold I didn't take photos as I was trying to pretend I wasn't with them

Do you know what I think they would come again, but I need this summer to recover! My middle brother and his wife talked about going to Orlando in the next few years. They want me to be their holiday planner. Little do they know what they would be getting themselves into. So maybe mum and dad will come again when they go.

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
Well that was a great travel day, you managed to do loads and also eat lots of Disney snacks! The burgers at the Hard Rock look great (except your cold in the middle mac n cheese) we have only ever had drinks there, I will need to put that on the list for next year.

We also upgraded to Annual Passes while we were there in the summer. It’s a good feeling knowing you are going to get such great value out of your park tickets!

Sounds like your flight was normal, average food, a movie and not too much sleep.

Your report was great and it lovely to follow along on your adventures! Thank you
The express passes were so handy for us. I loved our little race around IOA. Hulk was awesome.

The burgers are pretty good at hard rock. I've had that Mac and cheese burger before and it wasn't until it arrived and I started eating it that I remembered. I was disappointed that the the Mac and cheese part was cold, still the burger itself was tasty and I wasn't particularly hungry.

The flight home was pretty standard. The kids did their normal double act of wanting to use me as a cushion and complain that they can't sleep. But, we made it home in the end. The flying home is never as bad when you already have the next trip booked up, it's a far less bitter pill to swallow.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 20, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
I think if I'd done universal at the start then I'd have been itching to get to WDW the whole time. This way worked out better for us in the end I think plus you're right the mountain of snacks really kept us going so that we only had to buy one big meal each day.

We were all laughing at Dad shaving in the toilets. I wondered why he had taken so long. We were in the bit by the hotel before security near the universal shop. All the rest of us had taken turns to change out of our shorts and into our trackies and he still wasn't back honestly. Then mum put on her anti deep vein thrombosis socks and they are pretty hard to get on so that was a sight to behold I didn't take photos as I was trying to pretend I wasn't with them

Do you know what I think they would come again, but I need this summer to recover! My middle brother and his wife talked about going to Orlando in the next few years. They want me to be their holiday planner. Little do they know what they would be getting themselves into. So maybe mum and dad will come again when they go.
Yeah I would have been the same. I wanted to squeeze Universal onto the end of our trip but Mr Grump didn't want to wait till the end it would have made much more sense too as it's Memorial day weekend just we leave so the express passes would have helped so much with the crowds!

Oh bless them, I giggling away here haha. I remember when I went in 2003 I used to walk well behind my dad as he would wear socks with sandals and it used to make me cringe, because it made me cringe he did it more

That's brilliant news. I can't wait for that trip report. I think a full family one would be AMAZING! Although I don't envy you having to plan all of that! xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 20, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs_Taz
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I’ve really enjoyed reading your trip report thank you so much for taking the time to write it.

We’ll be doing DDP next year for the first time as we usually stay off site for most of our trips so it was good to hear about your restaurant experiences 😀

Thanks

Louise
Old 1 Jan 20, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Yeah I would have been the same. I wanted to squeeze Universal onto the end of our trip but Mr Grump didn't want to wait till the end it would have made much more sense too as it's Memorial day weekend just we leave so the express passes would have helped so much with the crowds!

Oh bless them, I giggling away here haha. I remember when I went in 2003 I used to walk well behind my dad as he would wear socks with sandals and it used to make me cringe, because it made me cringe he did it more

That's brilliant news. I can't wait for that trip report. I think a full family one would be AMAZING! Although I don't envy you having to plan all of that! xx
Happy New Year hope you had a fun night and aren't too tired today. I made the kids work and we have stripped the house of Christmas and put everything up in the loft today.

I guess it's one of the perks of being a parent - embarrassing your kids socks and sandals I'd have been walking a few paces away too.

A big family trip is a fair way off yet, but is likely one day

Originally Posted by Mrs_Taz View Post
I’ve really enjoyed reading your trip report thank you so much for taking the time to write it.

We’ll be doing DDP next year for the first time as we usually stay off site for most of our trips so it was good to hear about your restaurant experiences 😀

Thanks

Louise
You're welcome, I'm glad you enjoyed it. Plus it's always nice to think it gave you some ideas or food for thought at the very least. I've made a rule that we have to try out new places this summer and are only allowed to pick one favourite each for our ADRs. We'll see if we stick to it.

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 20, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Cutiepie
Imagineer

Another super trip and so glad your parents enjoyed it I don’t think I will ever get mine back to Florida as the heat & humidity just kills my dad now.

I’m always so impressed how early you all get up and about to get to the parks. I really struggle getting my lot out at an acceptable time

I’m following your new pre-trip report so will be looking forward to reading about your summer adventures I’m quiet jealous actually

Thanks for sharing

Kx
Cutiepie is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 20, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

Just catching up, I am impressed how much you managed to fit in on your last day!
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 20, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Very sad your trip is all over ☹️. You managed to squeeze in loads into your last day though! I can’t believe how many rides you managed in that short time. Isn’t Fast and Furious crap? They could have done so much better than what they did!
What a bargain with the annual passes, that’s one less ticket to buy this year.
Lovely last meal in Hard Rock, you can’t really go wrong in there. Well apart from cold Mac and Cheese that is 😂
Sounds like a smooth flight home, the food is always worse on the inbound flight. Why can’t they be consistent!
I can’t believe there was a bat in your house! How completely random. I’m glad Dave got rid of it for you, I’d have been freaking out 😂
You had an amazing holiday Abby and I’ve loved reading along. What did your parents think at the end? Would they go back?
Can’t wait to hear all about this years adventure. I need to catch up on your plans in your pre trippy, I’m so far behind on reading!

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 20, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
mitch-fishguard
Apprentice Imagineer

You needed that bat. Just what the doctor ordered, I bet !
mitch-fishguard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 20, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Cutiepie View Post
Another super trip and so glad your parents enjoyed it I don’t think I will ever get mine back to Florida as the heat & humidity just kills my dad now.

I’m always so impressed how early you all get up and about to get to the parks. I really struggle getting my lot out at an acceptable time

I’m following your new pre-trip report so will be looking forward to reading about your summer adventures I’m quiet jealous actually

Thanks for sharing

Kx
My mum didn't enjoy the heat at all. I knew this would be a problem for her and bought one of the little USB chargeable fans and a cooling towel she could wet and put around her neck. It made a bit of a difference.

I think they all knew that it was best to just get up and out as the alternative meant facing my wrath they have seen it before and they prefer a quiet life I think.

I'm glad you're not completely sick of me. I need to get back to the pre trip for 2020.

Originally Posted by Eccle View Post
Just catching up, I am impressed how much you managed to fit in on your last day!
We did really well today, loads of rides!

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
Very sad your trip is all over ☹️. You managed to squeeze in loads into your last day though! I can’t believe how many rides you managed in that short time. Isn’t Fast and Furious crap? They could have done so much better than what they did!
What a bargain with the annual passes, that’s one less ticket to buy this year.
Lovely last meal in Hard Rock, you can’t really go wrong in there. Well apart from cold Mac and Cheese that is 😂
Sounds like a smooth flight home, the food is always worse on the inbound flight. Why can’t they be consistent!
I can’t believe there was a bat in your house! How completely random. I’m glad Dave got rid of it for you, I’d have been freaking out 😂
You had an amazing holiday Abby and I’ve loved reading along. What did your parents think at the end? Would they go back?
Can’t wait to hear all about this years adventure. I need to catch up on your plans in your pre trippy, I’m so far behind on reading!
Max was so excited to try Fast and Furious and it was rubbish. As it wasn't at all fast and personally I just didn't get it. I've seen a couple of the movies but I don't think a lack of movie knowledge was the problem it's just a terrible ride.

I don't get how terrible the food can be on the return flight compared to the way out. It's always awful. Still we had eaten so much over the holiday 9 hours without edible food hardly made a dent.

My mum would go back, I haven't been brave enough to ask dad yet! I imagine he will mutter and grumble a bit and then give in.

Originally Posted by mitch-fishguard View Post
You needed that bat. Just what the doctor ordered, I bet !
That bat was bizarre, we have a log burner so maybe it came down the chimney. We have seen bats in the garden in the twilight of summer, but they've never got in the house. It went the wrong way first, out into the hallway, then when it came back in the room Dave closed the hall door opened the patio door and out it went. The other 3 of us were frozen on the sofa

Old 7 Jan 20, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
The conclusion of the trip report is here in a highs, lows and future plans post.